trying to plan a Feb. trip

pixeemom

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me the crowd level in Feb.? In NY its our winter recess the week of the 17th so does that effect Disney in Feb. as far as crowd levels? I can deal with moderate but spring break crowds are NO GO FOR US. TIA!!! ;)

Marc Gil

Can anyone tell me the crowd level in Feb.? In NY its our winter recess the week of the 17th so does that effect Disney in Feb. as far as crowd levels? I can deal with moderate but spring break crowds are NO GO FOR US. TIA!!! ;)
As long as you don't go President's Day weekend, you should be fine. Crowds should be light, and the weather is gorgeous. Feb is a great time to go!

pixeemom

Original Poster
As long as you don't go President's Day weekend, you should be fine. Crowds should be light, and the weather is gorgeous. Feb is a great time to go!
So if i can work it out that i am not there that weekend but just during the prior days i should be fine?

pixeemom

Original Poster
and I just checked the calendar presidents day is the 17th so the days before it you're saying would be the craziest?? (15th & 16 & 17th) saturday sunday & monday

Marc Gil

So if i can work it out that i am not there that weekend but just during the prior days i should be fine?
I should say so. After MLK weekend to before President's Day Weekend is one of the least crowded times to visit. And btw, President's Day Weekend crowds are nothing compared to Spring Break crowds believe me!

Sl8500

That whole week could be quite busy. It is winter break in Massachusetts as well and many people head to Disney that week. If you don't like crowds, you should avoid that week.

Marc Gil

and I just checked the calendar presidents day is the 17th so the days before it you're saying would be the craziest?? (15th & 16 & 17th) saturday sunday & monday
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday will be the most crowded out of that week, yes. If there is no other choice, go maybe Friday or Monday. Avoid Saturday and Sunday.
But at least the weather is nice. Like I said, nothing compared to Spring Break crowds.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Crowd levels were not bad during our last trip (Feb 2012). However, you might have misfortune of being there during the cheerleading competitions. My personal opinion is that they are 1000 times more annoying (and worse behaved) than any Brazilian tour group.

pixeemom

Original Poster
thank you ;
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday will be the most crowded out of that week, yes. If there is no other choice, go maybe Friday or Monday. Avoid Saturday and Sunday.
But at least the weather is nice. Like I said, nothing compared to Spring Break crowds.
Thank you ;)

Blueskyze

Here is a breakdown of the week, according to Touring Plans. These are crowd level estimates, out of 10.

15th: 6
16th: 10
17th: 10
18th: 9
19th: 7
20th: 7
21st: 6
22nd: 5
23rd: 4

Spikerdink

As a teacher, I often went President's Week since my school was closed. The crowds were manageable, but there could be a wait for some of the big rides... I think the days around the holiday were the worst since many people made a 3 day weekend of it. I never found the crowds to be as insane as the ones around Christmas etc, but only you know what your family can tolerate.

The weather was usually nice, but one year it was COLD - 30 degrees at night and only 50s during the day. Most years it was around 70...

Aurora1

Honestly, if you've ever been in the summertime, Presidents' Weekend is a breeze! I went this year and it was low crowd compared to the summer. We were able to get on rides easily and the longest lines were for newer rides (FLE).

Takeitforgranite

We went this past Feb 5th-10th (Tue-Sun). The crowds were pretty light during the week, but everything closed by 8-9. We didn't take our usual mid-day breaks, and we didn't eat supper until after 8 because we felt like the time was too valuable. By Saturday, the crowd at MK seemed as bad as a mid-week summer day. Splash Mountain was closed, and Pirates kept having problems, so I think that had a lot to do with the general congestion.

I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not I preferred the summer or winter. We did enjoy the lighter crowds and cooler weather, but the early closing hours negated a most of that. There was also a lot of 13 year old cheerleading groups that were difficult to be around. If you have kids, I think off-peak is definitely the way to go. We don't have kids and can do long days.

mousefreak

We're planning on Feb 7-14. Cooler weather and light crowds will be nice. Never been there during early Feb so were looking forward to it.

Dads 2 Boys

We're planning on Feb 7-14. Cooler weather and light crowds will be nice. Never been there during early Feb so were looking forward to it.

This will be a good time to go although you will run into the cheerleading competition towards the second half of your trip. They didn't create too much of a problem this past Feb (2013)...although the combination of them, the tour groups and Mardi Gras certainly did.

dannyboyindc

We're headed down 1/31-2/9, which seems to be the absolute best time to go in Feb. It appears to be in between all the various breaks, cheerleading competitions, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom