Trying to pick a week to stay at WDW early April 2014

nj_to_wdw

Hi, my wife and I have been to Disney World many times, but each year the calendar is a little different. So I would appreciate input as we plan our April 2014 vacation, so that we don't hit a crazy week where the parks are super crowded. Details follow:

- we will be park guests, probably Polynesian, dining plan, park hopper passes
- we always drive, arriving Monday morning about 10:30 AM, leaving Friday late
- we spend more time at EPCOT than MK; but we also visit somewhat Disney Quest, MGM, etc.

Easter is late this year (4/20), but there is also "Spring Break" (are there official dates?). We are flexible with dates, but too early and the drive from NJ may be bad, too late and it may be hotter than we like.

I had (but lost) a link to some site that showed historical WDW Park Attendance levels (but granted, nothing is guaranteed).

All advice welcome. Thanks in advance!

MissingDisney

The week Before and the week after Easter will be crazy mad busy. The first week of April is a spring break week for many northern schools. I suppose it comes down to picking the lesser of the evils.

Upvote 0

nj_to_wdw

Original Poster
Yes, we could do May 5th to 9th. I know May can be pretty warm in Central Florida, but I suppose not the first week. Also one trip we arrived Sunday of Mother's Day weekend and that was busy, but that's not until May 11th this year.

So unless someone else jumps in with possible problems on May 5th-9th, we may settle on that.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes, we could do May 5th to 9th. I know May can be pretty warm in Central Florida, but I suppose not the first week. Also one trip we arrived Sunday of Mother's Day weekend and that was busy, but that's not until May 11th this year.

So unless someone else jumps in with possible problems on May 5th-9th, we may settle on that.

Thanks!
We love May! Have gone that week you are considering for the past 3 years. Never was overly hot and rain was sparse. Parks easy to maneuver.

Can't go this year because of DD's college graduation. But we may return in 2015!

Upvote 0

joejccva71

Thanks!

I am taking my 10 yr old daughter for her first trip the first week in May. May 5th - 10th. I was going to go the first week of April, but I changed my mind.

Upvote 0

joejccva71

We are going the last week in April/1st few days in May. Do you think crowds will be crazy? I hope not :(

According to Mousesavers, end of April - mid May is considering "Regular" time so it's not quite Peak yet. The thing is, Spring Break is over, the week before and after Easter is over, kids are mostly still in school at this time so to me it's a decent time to go where crowds may not be insane yet. :)

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Thanks!

You drive from NJ to WDW? I couldn't do it. Give me a plane ticket out of Newark asap lol. I'm heading down May 4th to the 11th. It is supposed to be one of the best weeks to go. Hopefully you can make the 5th to 9th happen, enjoy!

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We are going the last week in April/1st few days in May. Do you think crowds will be crazy? I hope not :(

For what ever reason the state of Massachusetts spring breaks sends soooo many people to WDW during their spring break. Maybe because their break is later and cheaper rates than other break times for them? I got mixed up with that in 2012. It was not heavy crowds but I went April 15 for a week and the parks were not light by any means, lots and lots of Massachusetts families. Easter is late this year it is the 20th of April. Massachusetts spring break I believe is from 17-28 of April this year.

Flower and Garden also brings locals too, especially since it now included their own version of Food and Wine.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Hi, my wife and I have been to Disney World many times, but each year the calendar is a little different. So I would appreciate input as we plan our April 2014 vacation, so that we don't hit a crazy week where the parks are super crowded. Details follow:

- we will be park guests, probably Polynesian, dining plan, park hopper passes
- we always drive, arriving Monday morning about 10:30 AM, leaving Friday late
- we spend more time at EPCOT than MK; but we also visit somewhat Disney Quest, MGM, etc.

Easter is late this year (4/20), but there is also "Spring Break" (are there official dates?). We are flexible with dates, but too early and the drive from NJ may be bad, too late and it may be hotter than we like.

I had (but lost) a link to some site that showed historical WDW Park Attendance levels (but granted, nothing is guaranteed).

All advice welcome. Thanks in advance!

My fam and I are going early April (5-9). I did a random check of multiple colleges. They all have Spring Break mid-March (probably because Easter is late April this year). As you figured out, the closer to Easter, the larger the crowds. Good luck!

Upvote 0

C.M.O

For what ever reason the state of Massachusetts spring breaks sends soooo many people to WDW during their spring break. Maybe because their break is later and cheaper rates than other break times for them? I got mixed up with that in 2012. It was not heavy crowds but I went April 15 for a week and the parks were not light by any means, lots and lots of Massachusetts families. Easter is late this year it is the 20th of April. Massachusetts spring break I believe is from 17-28 of April this year.

Flower and Garden also brings locals too, especially since it now included their own version of Food and Wine.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I would have picked a different week but it's my daughters birthday. We went before at that time and it was good, but Easter wasn't so late that year.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks for the info. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I would have picked a different week but it's my daughters birthday. We went before at that time and it was good, but Easter wasn't so late that year.

When all is said and done, any week at Disney is a good week. Youll have a blast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom