Trying to go Seasonal

rico443

Original Poster
Hey! I was a CP 2006-2007. I went to WDW for 2 weeks over Christmas break hoping to be able to work. I went to casting and had my background check done, and my fingerprints. I was shown as inactive in the system. So I continued to call and I never showed up as active. So I was never able to get my Disney ID.

Has anyone else been in a situation like this? Or know any contact emails so I can try to get this fixed and be able to work this Christmas? Please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

csaribay

Hey! I was a CP 2006-2007. I went to WDW for 2 weeks over Christmas break hoping to be able to work. I went to casting and had my background check done, and my fingerprints. I was shown as inactive in the system. So I continued to call and I never showed up as active. So I was never able to get my Disney ID.

Has anyone else been in a situation like this? Or know any contact emails so I can try to get this fixed and be able to work this Christmas? Please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact the leaders in your previous location. College Program participants are not automatically switched to a seasonal position after they have completed their programs, instead, a few weeks following your departure date, labor automatically terminates you from the system with a "yes" rehire status.

If your managers approve (and create an availability line), labor can re-status you to your old location as seasonal. Since it appears you've recently completed the hire process for a seasonal position, the recruitment part should be squared away.

For future reference to other CPs: speak to your managers about switching to seasonal before you leave, and then follow up a week or two afterwords to make sure that the process to switch your status is underway. Otherwise you will be removed from the system shortly after your program.

kcw

One of my old roommates was in the same situation, because she was thinking that CPs automatically get switched to a seasonal status after the program was over. Unless you take care of things before your program is over, there's really nothing you can do now- you'll have to re-apply and go through all that again

daringstoic

I recently went through a similar thing. After my CP ended two years ago, I stayed seasonal at my work location and picked up shifts every few months. However, I was officially statused as a Campus Rep, and when I graduated in December last year, Disney purged me from the system. I had been told that I'd automatically be transfered back to my work location, but that was incorrect. I didn't find out that I'd been removed from the system (statused as 'inactive' actually) until I went to log onto the Portal in January and it wouldn't let me in. A nine-month long game of phone tag and voicemail-leaving on my part ensued. I actually FINALLY got word this morning that the paperwork to reinstate me had gone through. Now I just have to plan a trip down there so I can pick up a shift. I'm no longer qualified to operate the ride, but I can handle a few days of perming outside if it'll get me in for free.
Good luck, and keep calling back. Your Cast Services rep for your area is your best bet. You can get the them either from your manager, or I think they can transfer you from the Cast hotline. If you need that number, PM me, and I'll look it up for you. Bottom line is be persistent. It took me NINE months, but I finally got it fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom