Truly *Magical* Moments

jsr327

Original Poster
:wave: Hey everyone, this is my first post and i decided to share a very special Disney moment that I recently experienced last year. It was during my last trip to WDW in August; my dad, brother and I had just arrived for our annual August visit, and I insisted that we start our vacation with Epcot. I don't know exactly what it is, but every time I walk up to the entrance and see Spaceship Earth for the first time, I realize that I'm actually at WDW. We decided that the best way to begin would be the symbol of Epcot, Spaceship Earth. However, I would soon regret this decision. I had prepared very much for the visit, including a major purchase shortly beforehand. I had just obtained my first job over the summer, and had saved up for a new pair of $120 sunglasses (Oakleys). A week before the trip, I bought them, figuring that they would serve me well in the glaring sun of Orlando. Back to WDW, I proudly donned my new shades as we entered Epcot. We boarded SE and I decided to simply wear my sunglasses on top of the brim of my hat, rather than putting them entirely away in my pocket. I remember it as if it were yesterday: the tram had reached the Greek theatre portion of the ride, and I decided to adjust my hat. COMPLETELY absent-mindedly, I took my hat off, and my brand new pride and joy fell to the depths of Spaceship Earth. I frantically looked all over the inside of the car, but I wasn't successful. :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
I notified a CM, but I was extremely doubtful that I would ever see my glasses again. We continued our journey through Epcot, but I was dismayed, despite being in my favorite place on the planet. The incident tainted the whole day for me, and I checked the lost and found at guest relations about 5 times, each with no success. The day passed, and as we were exiting, my dad suggested we take a trip on Spaceship Earth just in case we could pull off some kind of Disney miracle. We entered the tram once again, and the ride began. As we approached the Greek theatre portion, I notified my family that this was the scene of the crime, and I frantically searched the outer walkways of the ride. However, lower light levels in the ride eliminated virtually all visibility. I saw nothing at all, and realized that the task was impossible. Just then, my brother reached down, nearly falling out of the car, and picked up something from the dark abyss. Sure enough, the blue sunglasses appeared in his hand by means of true Disney magic. I was both amazed and elated, as I had experienced a real WDW moment. As we celebrated, I glanced behind me to view rows of completely empty seats. It turns out that myself, my brother and my dad were the last three riders of the day! This compounded my amazement, and I could not believe what had just transpired. As we left the park, I felt filled from head to toe with Disney magic. What a way to start off my trip! I couldn't think of a more perfect way. To me, this is the epitome of Disney, and things like this are the reason I, and so many others will return to WDW every single chance they get. If anybody else has their own magical story, I would love to hear it!

Nansafan

Welcome JSR to the boards. An amazing story. We have experienced many magical moments at WDW but they seem to pale in comparison. A magical moment we experienced on our most recent trip was at the Magic Kingdom. We were there on 12/26/02. We had arrived earlier in the day from Chicago and started our visit in Epcot. The MK was going to be open until midnight each day we were there so after leaving Epcot, we jumped a monorail for the MK. After spending time in Tomorrowland, my cousin suggested we head off to the Jungle Cruise. Off we went. It was 11:00 or 11:30 at this point. When we got to the JC, we were the only ones in line. The six of us boarded the boat and our skipper started off. She started the spiel and when she realized we had ridden the JC almost as many times as she did, she asked if we wanted to drive the boat. Everyone jumped at the chance. She then pointed out various hidden Mickey's and posed for pictures with us. When we arrived at the dock, she asked if we wanted to ride again. We did. Another family boarded the boat and their children got to drive as well. Lenora won our award for Cast Member of the Trip.

Scooter

Our most Magical moment came last year.

My wife has always wanted to meet Mickey.

Unfortunately, him being the most popular character makes it rather difficult. Crowds, long lines, and rare appearences are always a factor.

Every time we would go to Mickeys Toontown Fair to meet Mickey the lines were really really long and my wife, being the unselfish Angel that she is, would always opt not to make us stand in line just to meet the Mouse...even though deep down in her heart I know she would have waited all DAY to meet him.

So for all 6 days of our trip we settled on waving at Mickey as he made his apperances at differant locations, or went by on a float in the parades.

On the last day of our Disney World vacation we decided to once more return to The Magic Kingdom.

We decided that the first thing we would do would be to ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat, as it was something we had never done. It was the first trip of the day and we were just about the only people aboard the huge boat. We went up to the top deck so we could get a better view....and guess who was standing on the upper deck in all his Disney Pride and Glory? Yep...it was none other than Mickey Mouse himself !!

We got to spend the entire ride with Mickey, all to ourselves. We took tons of pictures and video footage. :sohappy:

Needless to say, my wife was ecstatic. She is a hard working professional woman who I am so proud of. She works long hard hours at her job listening to customers complain all day. (She is a Pharmacy manager for a large Company)

To see that expression on her face when she first laid eyes on Mickey, and to watch her interact with him for 30 minutes was one of the most magical moments of our lives. She turned from a serious Professional to a giddy little girl right before my very eyes.
Folks...you can't put a price tag on magic...that was one of the best days of our lives.

I blew one pic of her with Mickey up to an 8 x 10 and every time I look at it I smile...and I remember the Magic.:animwink:

orangefan15

Years ago, we were riding The Great Movie Ride at MGM. At one point in the ride, my hat fell off my head. As we were in the back row of the vehicle, it fell completely out of the car. At the end of the ride, we told the CM. They checked the track, but couldn't find it. I was pretty upset since my grandfather had given me the hat. Anyway, late that night, we got back to our hotel room and there was a message. Apparently, after the ride had shut down and they were doing nightly checks of the ride, they found my hat stuck up in the innerworkings of the vehicle. We went and got it back the next morning. It was still in one piece, but it had a massive oil stain on it. Of course, it was special after that, because it had DISNEY oil on it. But it was truly magical that I got my hat back!!!!

mandib

A magical moment was when my sister got to meet Cinderella. For some reason my mom asked at Cinderella's royal table if Cinderella may be inside. lucky for us she was. My sister got up to her and froze with a huge smile on her face. She made my mom take like 10 pictures of her. I don't think she ever said a word but the smile said it all! WDW is really a magical place!

pritter

Last March my girlfriend and I were in Animal Kingdom, just walking around checking out the park on our way out, when a couple of CMs with clipboards came up to us and asked if we'd be interested in riding in that afternoon's Jammin' Jungle Parade. Of course we jumped at the chance!
I've never seen so much excitement in my girlfriends eyes when we got to go backstage and meet all of the characters and see them set everything up. During the "orientation", Minnie sat on my lap for a few mins while Mickey was off flirting with my girlfriend (as did Pluto and Goofy later on)...
Anyway, the whole experience was magical to us, thanks to the wonderful dancers, characters and of course the CMs! It took a few days to calm us down after the experience, and it was something we'll never forget :sohappy:

surfsupdon

A truely magical moment was on 12/26/02, my birthday. I had the huge birthday cake hat on, birthday pins on my clothes, and was with my family at MGM. The park closed at 930, we got there then b/c we just wanted t see the Osbourne Lights, which stayed on for an extra hour. As we rounded the turn to NY Street, I heard the Christmas carols, saw the snow, and witnessed the lights w/ virtually no crowd b/c it was so incredibly late. It is something me and my family will neevr ever forget.

Also that birthday day, every single CM wished me a happy birthday, as did an enormous amount of guests. They also gave me free desserts, popcorn, fastpasses, and other little snacks. It was so nice, and we did write disney a letter.

TIGGER-FAN

My most magical moment happened on Jan 3, 2003. My wife and I planned a spur of the moment trip after the holidays. We are both certified SCUBA divers and decided to do the Dive Quest tour at the Living Seas (awsome experience). We were told during our briefing that we would be honorary cast members for the duration of the tour and were asked to ham it up for the people viewing us from Sea Base Alpha. After being led around by the Disney Divemaster for 20 min, we set off for our free time. My wife and I explored the tank and acted "Goofy" for all of the dry guests watching us.

Here is were the magic happens. I spotted a young girl in a wheelchair sitting by one of the windows. She looked very glum so I decided to brighten her day. I approached the window and gave her a wave. She returned a timid wave. I gave her a big wave back took out my regulator and smiled. She returned a big wave and smiled ear to ear. I assume her parents were behind her because they gave me a thumbs up and mouthed thank you to me. I gave her one final wave and went back to exploring the tank. It was a magic moment for the both of us!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by TIGGER-FAN
My most magical moment happened on Jan 3, 2003. My wife and I planned a spur of the moment trip after the holidays. We are both certified SCUBA divers and decided to do the Dive Quest tour at the Living Seas (awsome experience). We were told during our briefing that we would be honorary cast members for the duration of the tour and were asked to ham it up for the people viewing us from Sea Base Alpha. After being led around by the Disney Divemaster for 20 min, we set off for our free time. My wife and I explored the tank and acted "Goofy" for all of the dry guests watching us.

Here is were the magic happens. I spotted a young girl in a wheelchair sitting by one of the windows. She looked very glum so I decided to brighten her day. I approached the window and gave her a wave. She returned a timid wave. I gave her a big wave back took out my regulator and smiled. She returned a big wave and smiled ear to ear. I assume her parents were behind her because they gave me a thumbs up and mouthed thank you to me. I gave her one final wave and went back to exploring the tank. It was a magic moment for the both of us!
Very classy, Tigger-fan! And what an experience to be able to fo the diving there. Must have been awesome!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by Scooter
Our most Magical moment came last year.

My wife has always wanted to meet Mickey.

Unfortunately, him being the most popular character makes it rather difficult. Crowds, long lines, and rare appearences are always a factor.

Every time we would go to Mickeys Toontown Fair to meet Mickey the lines were really really long and my wife, being the unselfish Angel that she is, would always opt not to make us stand in line just to meet the Mouse...even though deep down in her heart I know she would have waited all DAY to meet him.

So for all 6 days of our trip we settled on waving at Mickey as he made his apperances at differant locations, or went by on a float in the parades.

On the last day of our Disney World vacation we decided to once more return to The Magic Kingdom.

We decided that the first thing we would do would be to ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat, as it was something we had never done. It was the first trip of the day and we were just about the only people aboard the huge boat. We went up to the top deck so we could get a better view....and guess who was standing on the upper deck in all his Disney Pride and Glory? Yep...it was none other than Mickey Mouse himself !!

We got to spend the entire ride with Mickey, all to ourselves. We took tons of pictures and video footage. :sohappy:

Needless to say, my wife was ecstatic. She is a hard working professional woman who I am so proud of. She works long hard hours at her job listening to customers complain all day. (She is a Pharmacy manager for a large Company)

To see that expression on her face when she first laid eyes on Mickey, and to watch her interact with him for 30 minutes was one of the most magical moments of our lives. She turned from a serious Professional to a giddy little girl right before my very eyes.
Folks...you can't put a price tag on magic...that was one of the best days of our lives.

I blew one pic of her with Mickey up to an 8 x 10 and every time I look at it I smile...and I remember the Magic.:animwink:

that is the sweetest story and im sitting here crying LOL
wow
thanks for sharing

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by TIGGER-FAN

LOL here i go crying again!!
very cool of you!
i think i need a nap... hehe

Horizons38

Premium Member
All of the stories here are wonderful ! I have a lot of "magical moments " as well, my latest was of when hubby and I were at MGM inside the animation courtyard and waiting in line to have photos with Lilo + Stitch, we kind of felt self conscious because we were the only 2 adults with no kids waiting in line. Our turn came and we took 2 photos and it was great; when i went to leave Stitch grabbed my arm took my purse and put it on the floor and looked inside for chocolat , grabbed me again and followed me back all the way outside ! I swear he made our trip !:D

dliddi

Me and my fiancé at the time would watch illuminations from one side of world showcase and when it was over we would walk around it the long way being one of the last out of the park. We were doing this one night, it’s nice because there was no one really around so we had it pretty much to are self’s, and we were just walking not saying anything just listening to the songs after, and one song (promise) came on and after listing to it we both turned it each other at the same time, and said this would make a great first dance song for are wedding, and that night was a year and one day before are wedding day. It was perfect.:)

EchoOfOphelia

"Please keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times."

Just kidding :D

That's a great story, truly Disney Magic. And I'm glad you got your sunglasses back, I would've been mad too! :lol:

I've had plenty of Disney Magic moments, I probably don't even remember them all. But I'll tell you of one that sticks out. It was our last day in Disney World, I was probably about 12 or 13 years old. We were in Epcot just about to leave and my family had to go to the washroom. I waited outside and was very sad at this being my last day in the parks. I looked up at Spaceship Earth and was mesmorized. The sky was dark and SE was lit with that silver purple hue that it has at night. There were 3 plam trees in the foreground, the wind was blowing a cool breeze, and it smelled like Disney World. Anyone who says DisneyWorld doesn't have its own smell hasn't truly appreciated it. Anyway, I stared at it until my family came out, but that image of being there has never left me. And I think about when I'm down and it always, always makes me happy. That's what Disney magic is to me :)

lt-hambone

My Magical Moment

I too have many magical moments, and could spend all day writing about them. But there is one that will forever stick in mind as being truly magical.

It was during a High School trip to the Magic Kingdom back in the early 80’s. I was riding Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with some friends of mine, and during the ride two of my friends in the car in front of us started goofing off, trying to throw stuff at us. As we got off the ride, WDW security was waiting, and gave my two friends a nice little talk.

Well, we thought that was the end of it, but it wasn’t. Every ride that those two guys rode they would have the CM working load lean over and in a soft voice say, “We know what you did on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, and we’ll be keeping an eye on you.” From Small World to Space Mountain, they were given the same warning when they boarded. Utterly amazing how security knew their whereabouts during the entire day!

By lunch time they had gotten so frustrated, they left the park and went to the Contemporary to wreck havoc!

Keep the stories coming!

:sohappy:

JasonDonohue

As many people have metioned magical moments at disney are not a rare occurence everyone has at least two or three magical moments. My favorate although not over the top spectacular is when I was three years old, my first trip to WDW October 1987. The whole trip was magical but I have to say the part I truly remember for 16 years now was when I met Goofy for the first time.at first i was crying because i was scared of his feet but he took extra time to hug me and sign my autograph book and before long i didnt want to let go of goofy's hand as my parents were pulling me into the elevator to the monorail station upstairs in the contempoary. I know it isnt anything spectacular but to me it made a lasting impression. Great STories everyone by the way!!:sohappy:

TIGGER-FAN

Originally posted by sandjhooker
Very classy, Tigger-fan! And what an experience to be able to fo the diving there. Must have been awesome!

Was also romantic because my wife and I held hands during part of the dive and the videographer taped us and added it to the video we got of the dive. Yes an awsome dive, best one to date.

wdwjmp239

Magic?

Maybe one of these days I'll go to Disney and actually feel the magic. Unfortunately, I go on weekend stints where I'm not there long enough to "feel anything."

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom