Trouble with Disney Security and DSLR

cbettua

Two trips ago I was sitting outside Pirates and a group of 15 photographers came buy with tripods etc. Like a photography walk. It was at night and they were testing their abilities etc. I don't think they had any issues. The CM's didn't have a issue with it.

NowInc

Two trips ago I was sitting outside Pirates and a group of 15 photographers came buy with tripods etc. Like a photography walk. It was at night and they were testing their abilities etc. I don't think they had any issues. The CM's didn't have a issue with it.

Was most likely the meetups from disneyphotographyblog or themagicinpixels. lol

whoiscliffwang

Original Poster
I'd like to participate in one of those meetups, but I am never down in Disney when they happen.

Anyone going to be down there in Mid June this year?

PhotoDave219

This is new…. At least I've never seen it before.

So I was inside Darth's mall and the guest photographs David Eckstein, former baseball player and whatnot. Disney Security next to him goes a little ape insisting that the guest delete the photo… not because of Mr. Eckstein, but rather because she did not want to be in the photo.

While this is private property, this is unacceptable. Security guard is in public. There's no expectation of privacy there. She's doing her job. There shouldn't be an issue at all.

maxairmike

So I was inside Darth's mall and the guest photographs David Eckstein, former baseball player and whatnot. Disney Security next to him goes a little ape insisting that the guest delete the photo… not because of Mr. Eckstein, but rather because she did not want to be in the photo.

While this is private property, this is unacceptable. Security guard is in public. There's no expectation of privacy there. She's doing her job. There shouldn't be an issue at all.

Ummm...yeah, that's weird. I know CMs who decline most any request to take a "selfie" with the myriad of teen groups, but working there you're going to end up in someone's photos unless you're trying really, really hard not too. Sounds like she was trying a little too hard.

thomas998

Actually your a bit confused on public vs private. The property is private and hence the guard is not in public. IF Disney wanted to they could ban all photos within any of their property, but that hasn't happened. Frankly I would have requested to speak with the guard's supervisor and done my best to get him fired... he over stepped his position and that is unacceptable.

Jahona

You will need to get in contact with Walt Disney World Resort Media Relations. http://wdwnews.com/contact-us/

Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting Walt Disney World Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Walt Disney World Resort properties or icons for professional purposes must make prior arrangements with Walt Disney World Resort Media Relations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom