Trouble in paradise officially?

disneyfreak0710

So many “new members” popping up with this thread as their first posts. Coincidence?

Technically, I joined a month or so ago, but have been busy in life and not on any social media much. Heard others say elsewhere that this was a better board now, so thought I'd check it out. Guess whether it's better or not remains to be seen.

However, I've also been on a few other threads here today as well ;)

Last edited:

carnini

I will be curious to see what happens in a year or two when this pent up demand eases, will enough people still pay?

As for my family personally, we are no longer going like we use to. We use to plan at least 1 or 2 trips a year but everything has increased substantially while things like ME have decreased. For example I think of a two years ago and their good prices of ~70 for a 1 day pass to each park deal while also getting a room discount too. I find it a bit sad that to think of all the changes, many not for good which is why the last trip we have stayed offsite our last visit and that will probably too.

We are looking for a short trip in January and the Family Suite at Universal are $835 and car Suites at disney are $2054. Now I get it, they are two different places, and I am sure car Suites are better (the room is bigger, theming better, better pools) but is Disney's service and theming worth literally double the price? In the past I would have said it sure was, but now with ME gone, and other perks cut, I have to say no. The price points have changed dramatically in my opinion, and other places are going to get our money.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
So many “new members” popping up with this thread as their first posts. Coincidence?
troll GIF

Wendy Pleakley

This thread is getting quite political, and I'm sure some posts will be gone at some point.

My take is, go to DisneyWorld once a year, once a month, once a decade. Whatever works for you.

It's okay to discuss the ramifications of WDW travel including the use of debt and living beyond one's means. However, it should be a general discussion and not necessarily criticizing a specific individual. It's not personal, at least it shouldn't be.

Lilofan

This thread is getting quite political, and I'm sure some posts will be gone at some point.

My take is, go to DisneyWorld once a year, once a month, once a decade. Whatever works for you.

It's okay to discuss the ramifications of WDW travel including the use of debt and living beyond one's means. However, it should be a general discussion and not necessarily criticizing a specific individual. It's not personal, at least it shouldn't be.
It is that with many topics that some process discussions through their brains differently from others. That's a fact of life. For every real life story that is shared there will be always be others to offer their opinions pro and con, believers and non believers. According to the article posted by the OP, it is accurate in my general area. The wealthy and highly educated have little or no desire to go to WDW and the group of earning $75K or less desire to go, actually go , some taking out loans to go to experience WDW at times again and again. Some actually forgo other luxuries and or some regular expenses to save up money to go to their dream vacation of a lifetime , WDW. Is WDW an expensive place to vacation at and costs families a lot of money? It sure is.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Perhaps people have “extra” money because they understand how to manage money well… just a thought
Probably goes without saying that those with extra money understand how to manage money well, however, people without extra money may also know the same thing, except that we don't individually control every situation that might enter our lives. Those that can manage money to the point of having extra also have another unpurchaseable item as well and that is good luck. No one does it on their own, the phrase being in the right place at the right time, didn't just show up on a billboard someplace. It has a basis of reality.

John park hopper

And only privileged people can actually make a comment like this and believe it, especially that it's that easy.
Never said it was easy --nothing worth anything in life is easy. By the way I am not privileged joined the military and took advantage of the GI bill and worked while going to college. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Lilofan

Never said it was easy --nothing worth anything in life is easy. By the way I am not privileged joined the military and took advantage of the GI bill and worked while going to college. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Thank you for your service. My old buddy dropped out of college sophomore year because of financial issues. He joined the Navy and enlisted for 6 years and was a submariner. After getting out of the Navy , he went back to college to finish his degree and the Navy picked up the tab.

Lilofan

Millions of people work hard every day and make good choices, yet can barely survive. So yeah, people here really ought to check their privilege.
It is not privilege. It is sharing what we we were, what we did to improve our lives, and what became of our efforts. Part of the enjoyment is rewarding ourselves with something like going to WDW. I will wait in regards to cruising so the kinks can be worked out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom