Tropical Storm Possible Mid to Late Week

KDM31091

Models are all over the place but none of them are showing a very impressive storm. At most probably a tropical storm. Which, don't get me wrong, can still bring heavy rain and flooding, but either way, at this stage doesn't look to be impacting central Florida. We will get plenty of residual clouds and rain but nothing to be overly worried about.

ethnt

We're in the same boat — arrive Wednesday, Thursday through Sunday in the parks, leave Monday. National Hurricane Center is probably going to put out an announcement around 11am ET, and they're sending out Hurricane Hunters this afternoon. Hopefully by this evening there will be a more concrete idea of where this thing is headed

The Mighty Tim

I'm currently visiting WDW from the UK. I was also here during Ian. How does this incoming storm compare?

Is this likely to be another "parks closed and stay in your resort" situation?

Andrew25

I'm currently visiting WDW from the UK. I was also here during Ian. How does this incoming storm compare?

Is this likely to be another "parks closed and stay in your resort" situation?
It's a very messy storm, we should get more details later today and early tomorrow. It will bring rain into the area, but the parks will more than likely remain open. I'd just prepare now and get some extra ponchos and be prepared to stay in your room for a day.

The Mighty Tim

It's a very messy storm, we should get more details later today and early tomorrow. It will bring rain into the area, but the parks will more than likely remain open. I'd just prepare now and get some extra ponchos and be prepared to stay in your room for a day.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably be ready for a resort day by then anyway!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This is looking like it's almost taking the same path as the last hurricane that hit Florida did and I only need to know 2 things

A. will the Orlando airport be closed even though Orlando probably wont be directly impacted outside of a little rain and wind

B. should I doom and gloom everyone ahead of time?

John park hopper

There was a storm in the Atlantic that fizzled out the one off the Yucatan looks like it may affect Orlando especially if tracks more east
  • 1727115109892.png

arich35

Original Poster
Hopefully Thursday will be the only day that is a complete wash.
How bad can the winds get at Disney compared to the coast? First time dealing with this. Luckily we get in early Wednesday and don't leave until late Sunday night

TsWade2

Wow! I'm glad I don't live in Florida! Well, even though I'm disappointed that WDW has been closed due of the hurricane, I have one thing to say, stay safe.

some other guy

Wow! I'm glad I don't live in Florida! Well, even though I'm disappointed that WDW has been closed due of the hurricane, I have one thing to say, stay safe.
so far I'm seeing Typhoon Lagoon, mini golf, and the extra hours stuff, but MK is opened an extra hour or two in general?
Walt Disney World said due to Hurricane Helene, the park has decided to change its normal operation hours.

Changes will include:

• Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park and miniature golf courses will be closed on Thursday, Sept. 26.
  • Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is canceled for Thursday, Sept. 26.
  • Magic Kingdom was scheduled to close Thursday, Sept. 26 at 6 p.m., but operating hours have been extended until 8 p.m.
The theme park released the following statement regarding Hurricane Helene:

“Walt Disney World Resort is currently operating under normal conditions. We are closely monitoring the path of the storm as we continue to prioritize the safety of our Guests and Cast Members.”

some other guy

dbag streamers hoping for a more empty resort are probably dissapointed with this storm.
it was ages before streaming, but ngl in my day the summer torrential downpours was a nice way to have the parks mostly to yourself (as long as you were a big enough dummy to not get out of the rain 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom