Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Under newer new Managment ;)

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Just give me a barker bird

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
With the original Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room entertaining the masses again after it's long deserved rehab in California, it seems to have gotten more attention and maybe respect from the audiences of today besides the regular disney fans.

Now we have our Enchanted Tiki room since it was an original attraction on October 1, 1971. It closed in late 1997 and reopened in 1998 as "under new managment". While this has remained a little controversial since then with disney fans as to if this was right for the show or not...with "it's a small world" rehabed, and hopefully someday Pirates and Haunted Mansion, if say 5-7 years down the road our tiki room gets a rehab or show change, what would u want.

Since1976

Honestly, I like neither as an adult, but I continue to go because it's got a short line and the theater has AC...

I have a feeling this is the reason the show has remained opened this long at all...

BigNorm

I enjoy both Iago and Zazu and I also really like the Under New Management Tiki Room much more than Tropical Serenade so. I find UNM to be much more enjoyable. However, I think Tropical Serenade with Iago and Zazu would be good. Original show with a modern twist.

Cynderella

I liked the old version much much better. I think Iago is way too obnoxious. It's a shame more people dont like this attraction. It used to be so good. well in my opinion of course :)

stitchlvr

I hate the "under new management" show. I much prefer the original!! Its not even that I detest Iago and Zazu, but it just wasn't a necessary change. It would be like changing the Carousel of Progress and making it the Kim Possible family...or changing Country Bears to the bears from Brother Bear. It ruined a classic.

SpenceMan01

I just went to see the Tiki Room for the first time ever in January. I thought it was neat, especially when the Tiki Gods 'came to life'.

Someone in a 'bash SGE' thread mentioned moving the Stitch AA(s) to the Tiki room. I don't think it would be all that bad of a show. Some sort of Luau... he did crash in Hawaii.

Not that I'd like to see the birdies leave, just if they did, that would be an idea for the replacement.

I.M.Fearless

I think that the original was great and UNM stinks.
(Then again, I am the guy who thinks that SGE is exponetially better than AE.)
WOOT

Pioneer Hall

I don't know if The Original Show would be a winner if it were still there, but it would be 110% better than the new show. I really can't stand that thing. The other show was a family pleaser, outdated, but still a family pleaser.

BrerVeritas

I loved the tropical serenade. I still have the complete score to the ride. I sit at home sometimes, and pretend it still exists. It was so relaxing and care-free, and it balanced out Adventureland nicely, being the only show in the land. The animatronics were classics as were the songs. Lets all sing like the birdies sing...come on people...it was great. Now it isn't as adult friendly as it used to be and the whole area would benefit from the return of the old show Just my two cents.

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
I still have to vote, personally as the person who started this thread I want to thank all of you for sharing your opinions. Personally, I'm voting for the tropical serenade but with maybe a new song or slight narration change somewhere. I don't support iago, zazu, or stich, or anything else lol.

Now isn't our tiki room bigger than the one in california by floor size/seating, because I know the design atleast appears on the facades to be drastically different.

I never got to expereince the tropical serenade. I wish I had cause I would have seen it months before it closed for the rehab, but I got the disneyland version to watch whenever I want.

BTW is the old florida citrus bar still around? :confused:

Woody13

I say they should redo the tropical serenade version with Elvis! Or perhaps Stitch doing his Elvis impersonation. To wit;

Well, it’s one for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

But don’t you step on my Tiki God.
You can do anything but lay off of my Tiki God.

Then, when you go outside after the show they could sell peanut butter and 'nanna sandwiches at the Dole Whip booth.

Thank you very much....

ScottBA

Maybe it's that I don't have memories of the original Tiki room as a child or something, but the first time I went to DW was in 1995 for our honeymoon. We went to the original show and we were both really bored. I remember telling my wife that the reason the CM told everyone to please stay seated for the whole show was to make sure that the theater wouldn't empty half-way through.

My vote is for the current "Under new management". It scared the heck out of my daughter a couple of years ago (when she was 2), but overall I thought it was more interesting....(My 2 favorite Disney animated movies are Aladdin & Lion King, so that may have something to do with it) :animwink:

General Grizz

Having the opportunity to see the original show recently, the crowd reception at Disneyland was tremendously higher than I expected. Lots of clapping when Jose asked for it - whistling, and even awe at the Animatronics. Yes, the birds still create awe.

One of the major problems that Walt Disney World faced with its Tiki Room was the "Offenbach" number. The piece was about a minute and 30 seconds of a fountain bouncing up and down to classical music rewritten for birds. It made the show feel a lot longer, and was cut from Disneyland in the early 90s. . . but not here.

As for the new show, it has no true plot, especially for those who aren't familiar with the original show. The Tiki poles rapping "Those chicks are hot" is sickening to me. Worst of all, loudmouth Iago makes it nothing near a Tropical Serenade.

I vote for the original Tiki Room, shortened to about 10 to 12 minutes, with updated special effects and audience interaction.

FigmentJedi

Kick Iago out and politely ask Zazu to leave! The original is awesome, but like Grizz said, the Offenbach is boring as heck. And we need the barker bird back as well as a preshow styled like the one in Disneyland.
EDIT: Grizz finally got down to Disneyland!?

OliveMcFly

I never saw the original although I know the theme song by heart, hehe. But as with everything else I would say the original is better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom