Tropical Depression Nine impact to Walt Disney World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Appears this Tropical Storm will become a factor for Walt Disney World later this week.

The current track shows it possibly crossing the theme park areas Thursday and Friday with sustained winds of 39-73mph.

144450W_sm.gif

That is going to be during the first Halloween party.

I know nothing is refunded as inclement weather is on the ticket BUT, just theoretically speaking, if it turns into a tropical storm, does Disney at any point refund ? I fully expect to eat the money I paid for my ticket but I am just curious if they ever would make an exception.

They are so quick to take everyone's money I am sure they will happily take it to the bank, but with the slew of bad press they've had recently, would anyone ever make a one-time change to the policy ? Although, then every time it rained people would say 'it was tropical storm-like conditions.

Just curious and absolutely not expecting to get a dime back as I have already been rained out of multiple parties in the past.

Bolt

I know nothing is refunded as inclement weather is on the ticket BUT, just theoretically speaking, if it turns into a tropical storm, does Disney at any point refund ? I fully expect to eat the money I paid for my ticket but I am just curious if they ever would make an exception.

They are so quick to take everyone's money I am sure they will happily take it to the bank, but with the slew of bad press they've had recently, would anyone ever make a one-time change to the policy ? Although, then every time it rained people would say 'it was tropical storm-like conditions.

Just curious and absolutely not expecting to get a dime back as I have already been rained out of multiple parties in the past.
They do refunds in the event the party can't happen and for nights that rain non-stop, they do offer tickets for other event nights. The company may be money hungry, but the people who work in the parks themselves have compassion. My party night had the parades canceled and they actually gave my family Christmas tickets since I would be back then.

fillerup

As an aside - this is almost the exact track forecast for Charlie in August 2004 on the very morning of landfall. Charlie had other ideas however and came ashore about 120 miles south of the forecast track.

NWS is getting better but this is still a very inexact science.

wdwfan22

They will give refunds if rain washes out the event. They don't advertise it, but just go to either Guest Relations or your Disney Resort front desk and they will refund your ticket. I've never had a problem getting one.

bhg469

It would take a lot more than that to cause any structural damage. The places that see the most damage are coastal locations as they're susceptible to flooding. Yes, winds will be gusty and you should probably stay away from any trees but other than that, WDW will be just fine.
Well a good number of trees are no longer a threat. Seems like the hub was a good idea after all :)

Ripken10

How often does the Orlando Airport close? I am flying in on Thursday, not sure what to expect with delays and cancellations.

They will give refunds if rain washes out the event. They don't advertise it, but just go to either Guest Relations or your Disney Resort front desk and they will refund your ticket. I've never had a problem getting one.

Will they do this over the phone ? My issue is, I drive in every weekend from Jacksonville so if the weather is too bad, I will not be making the drive. If it is tolerable, I will still go in the rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom