Tronorail staying?

britlightyear

Original Poster
I showed my 7 year old son pictures of the "Tronorail" today and he thought it looked very cool. Does anyone know how long it is staying decorated like that? I know the movie comes out in December but we won't be there until the last week of January.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They didn't put a date out, but I'd think they would at least have it run through until the movie runs its full course in theaters. So I'd think in Jan you should have a good chance.

britlightyear

Original Poster
Thanks Steve! :wave: I hope its still there, I think my son thinks its gonna be like riding a light cycle!! :ROFLOL:

jedimaster

Is there any other type of promotion for TRON anywhere at WDW besides the TRONorail? I saw this video on Youtube of a new TRON scene for World of Color over at DCA. Wish they would do something special like this for WDW! Epcot would be perfect for this. Take a look at this video I found on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRTCqE-GFc

TRONorail10

As of right now, aside from TRONorail, there is very little promotion for TRON:Legacy at WDW. California has the elecTRONica dance party, but there has never been any discussion of that type of event in WDW. The only guess I have comes from a business perspective. Movie companies allocate specific dollar amounts for advertising expenses when movies are released. Disney spent a TON of marketing dollars on Toy Story 3 this year, mainly because they knew they would be able to profit off of all of the merchandise generated from the movie. Hence forth, Toy Story probably had a bigger advertising budget than TRON:Legacy, because the original TRON movie was more of a limited cult following. But I am all for a TRON attraction in Tomorrowland or EPCOT... so we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings!

Dj Corona

I don't see why so many people have so much disdain for the TRONorails. Compared to any other way the parks could've advertised a sequel to a movie that had no presence in the parks to begin with, it's unique, and a little less obnoxious then prior monorail advertising.
Having been there a month ago, and listening to all the ooh's and ahh's of everyone waiting in line whenever one of them pulled into a station, a lot of people seem to like them as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom