Tron?

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
Can someone please tell me about this Tron movie? I understand its something from the 80's but I cannot last more then 10 seconds watching the trailer or other scenes. It seems like :lookaroun. Is there really a following for "Tron" and people that can last through this whole movie:lookaroun

trr1

really:shrug:
Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a tron group. they exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no tron. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.:)

NedLand

[FONT=&quot]It’s true. We Tron fans are everywhere. In fact, when Disney screened a proof of concept film at the San Diego Comic-Con a few years ago the reaction was so positive that Di[/FONT]ck[FONT=&quot] Cook green lit the sequel.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The story was remarkably prescient about the direction computers were taking, (big corporate mainframes vs. personal computers) and considering the way movies are made today, way ahead of its time.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]It’s understandable that you find it so off putting. It’s not for everyone. But anyone who is a true fan of Disney (and film in general) should at the very least respect its place in history.

I think it really will always stand as one of the milestones of computer animation. I mean, without Tron there would be no Toy Story.
John Lasseter
[/FONT]

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
[FONT=&quot]It’s true. We Tron fans are everywhere. In fact, when Disney screened a proof of concept film at the San Diego Comic-Con a few years ago the reaction was so positive that Di[/FONT]ck[FONT=&quot] Cook green lit the sequel.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The story was remarkably prescient about the direction computers were taking, (big corporate mainframes vs. personal computers) and considering the way movies are made today, way ahead of its time.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]It’s understandable that you find it so off putting. It’s not for everyone. But anyone who is a true fan of Disney (and film in general) should at the very least respect its place in history.

John Lasseter[/FONT]

Well, Im 28 now and dont remember tron growing up which is why Im confused with the whole thing:lol:

Number_6

Well, Im 28 now and dont remember tron growing up which is why Im confused with the whole thing:lol:

If you are 28 now, then you were born in either 1981 or 1982, depending on when your birthday falls. Since Tron was released in 1982, by the time you might have had interest in anything more than bright shiny animation, you probably would have needed to have major geek friends to introduce you to the idea. I'm 33 now and lots of the kids in my school totally geeked out over it. I saw it for the first time when it was first released on VHS and instantly loved it. It's one of my all time favorites and I'm very much looking forward to the sequel. Heck, I even plunked tons of quarters into the arcade machine and it's one of the things I liked most when I was working at DisneyQuest, because I could hit the Tron machines they had when I wasn't on shift.

trr1

I remember watching this movie when ticket prices were around $2.50 to $3.00 and minimum wage was $3.35 per hour ,:cry:Cost of a gallon of Gas was 91 cents :cry:

EpcotServo

I saw Tron around when I was 12, and I was thinking "Oh, wow I love Disney history, so this will be interesting...just not very good."

I was sorely mistaken. It blew my mind! I had never seen anything like it before, and it helped create a hopeful appreciation of computers in me compared to the fear at the time they would take over the world or something. The music, the action, the story all grabbed me by surprise and now it's one of my favorite movies of all time for it's sheer creativity and the fact it was decades ahead of it's time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom