Tron vs Theater

As a Guest, which would you have preferred?

• I’m happy Tron was the project they built.

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • I would have preferred they built the Theater.

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

DisneyFanatic12

Tron hurt my back and I didn't understand the ride all that well. We were supposed to be racing, but there's not a second track and I never saw any other racers. I've only ridden once though, so I easily could've missed something. It looked cool from the outside, but that's about it. The only way I'd do it again is if the line was super short and I rode in the regular seat. The other coasters are more fun for me.

I would have preferred the theater 100%.
You can see the other cars beside you multiple times inside of the show room part of the ride (though it’s not very pronounced or obvious). If you’re in the front you won’t be able to easily see them because they’ll be right to the side of you. I do think this ride needs a much better pre-show as the storyline and whatnot is extremely confusing for the average guest, especially considering the fact that Tron is a lesser-known film.

ppete1975

As for your first comment about "if the Theater was built", I would have to agree with you on that because both were on the boards and the rug was pulled out from one of them.

Also, I get what you're saying here but the Theater in question, from my understanding, is nothing like those you listed above. The Theater that was cancelled was to be like a Broadway Theater where they could change out the theme of a production fairly frequently. It wouldn't have been specifically themed like those others. I don't think I would even put "Festival of the Lion King" or "Nemo" from AK in the same category as this Theater.

As for whether "most consumers would easily vote for one over the other", this remains to be seen...which is the point of the poll.
The real issue is never should have been an or, thats the real issue with Disney right now. It should have been both with 2 other things as well. And we are only going off concept art, after Disney cut costs and everything who knows what we would have gotten. Even the concept art was just the exterior that if I remember, (and we have seen how disney concept art is usually grander than the final product, looking at you fantasy land). When completed it might not have been any more spectacular than a beauty and the beast sing along or the little mermaid.

But even a broadway show done very well in a beautiful theater is a harder sell in commercials or tv specials than any ride.

Robbiem

I voted for the theatre. I’ve not been on Tron but while I think it looks like it might be a good ride it looks too similar to space mountain to be at Magic Kingdom

Having a large theatre at MK would add something new, there is always a debate about what to play but a review show like big band beat in tokyo or a cut back version of a Broadway quality show like Aladdin used to be at DCA would be a nice change of pace and add something new

Tron could have gone to DHS, maybe themed as a speeder bike at galaxies edge, or in place of cosmic rewind at Epcot as part of some sort of cyber pavilion (with guardians taking over RnRR).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom