TROn REMAKE

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Tron Remake in the Works at Disney
Source: Variety January 13, 2005

Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to write a remake of Tron, the 1982 Steven Lisberger film about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the parallel world of a computer program, reports Variety.

Klugman and Sternthal, who just wrote the historical epic Warrior for Gavin O'Connor to direct and Icon to produce, feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo.

"We are contemporizing it, taking these ideas that were ahead of the curve and applying them to the present, and we feel the film now has a chance to resonate with a young audience," said Klugman.

Sternthal said the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet.

The writers take the job as they near an end to writing Black Cat, based on the 1940s Harvey comic book character of a stuntwoman who becomes a vigilante on the streets of Los Angeles. Michael Uslan produces the pic to be directed by Chuck Russell.

Legacy

You know... I never realized it until now, but The Matirx is a lot like Tron.

That can't be a good thing.

maxime29

Premium Member
I just heard this on Cold Pizza. Suppost to come out in 2006 maybe. I'm not sure what I think about it, considering how the first one went. We still got a while before it comes out so we'll wait and see.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I think it's a great idea.....if it does well then they could always build an awesome TRON attraction in Tomorrowland or at the Studios.

imagineer boy

Oooh! I was really hoping that they would do a remake. This sounds like a great idea where they can improve upon all of the things that didn't work in the original.

HauntedSquirrel

I'm both interested and worried about this news. I love the original Tron. I'm excited to hear about a new version but i'm also worrired that they might mess it up. I'll still plan on seeing it though.

DarkMeasures

Only problem is that it could mess up Tron 2 (set to 2003 right?). Especially if Tron 1(originally set to the year it was made) is set to modern times. What will happen then? But of course (who was the programmer in Tron that got his games stolen, was it Flinn?), there were 3D games using polygons in Tron which didn't actually come for nearly a decade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom