Tron open in March 2023???

fgmnt

Astronomical Spring begins March 20th.
Meterological Spring begins March 1.
The spring quarter of TWDC's fiscal year begins sometime in the last week of March/first week of April.
At the overall pace of this project, TDO spring 2023 could easily mean Memorial Day weekend.

Good luck!

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO the early spring annoucement was a guesstimate on their end..I still think just around the Memorial day weekend looks more agreeable due to technical issues..Unless everything runs 100% smoothly by then...

How often right now are the speed cycles launching out of the station? They should be on a rhythm and not every now and then right?

JIMINYCR

Disney always gives a guesstimate and then pushes back further because of some glitch or unanticipated issue. Your 9 days at WDW isn’t long and if something falls in that time you’d be lucky. Even with soft opening going on the chances you’d get on it is still slim. I’d hope for the best but plan on catching Tron on your next trip when it’s really open for guests.

ppete1975

I am going to assume it opens when i go in april. So that you can barely move in the magic kingdom due to the youtubers and people who have to ride first.

Based on nothing but my luck

ppete1975

It will be the next ride to get the VQ, though.
crowds are still going to be nuts when it opens, or even worse if theres an influencer day before it opens. People videotaping everything and getting in the way as the loudly talk and dont pay attention to their surroundings.

JohnD

crowds are still going to be nuts when it opens, or even worse if theres an influencer day before it opens. People videotaping everything and getting in the way as the loudly talk and dont pay attention to their surroundings.

They can have it. I'm not the, "I have to be there on the very first day" type of guest. It will still be there whenever I decide to return.

ppete1975

They can have it. I'm not the, "I have to be there on the very first day" type of guest. It will still be there whenever I decide to return.
Totally agree, i just dont want the crowds when I go. Has nothing to do with Tron. Ride openings are nuts.

JohnD

Totally agree, i just dont want the crowds when I go. Has nothing to do with Tron. Ride openings are nuts.

I do want to return in the spring, maybe late April after Easter. Normally crowds would be somewhat down but if Tron opens, as you say, all bets are off.

dreday3

I do want to return in the spring, maybe late April after Easter. Normally crowds would be somewhat down but if Tron opens, as you say, all bets are off.

I don't see people booking trips specifically for Tron.

I can see vloggers being there first few opening days, maybe locals coming in on the weekends, but I don't think many people will plan trips specifically for Tron opening.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't see people booking trips specifically for Tron.

I can see vloggers being there first few opening days, maybe locals coming in on the weekends, but I don't think many people will plan trips specifically for Tron opening.
Well, with Cosmic Rewind opening last Memorial Day weekend it would be a full year for any new attraction..So, as I had mentioned it will get pushed just around then to fulfill a year any new ride opening..

Vanderperre

Cosmic Rewind was announced as a Summer 2022 opening and opened end of May. Tron was announced as a Spring 2023 one, so a March opening seems credible. From the looks of it, there isn’t that much work left and even at this pace, it could appear as nearly finished by the end of this year. There’s the argument about whether a Memorial Day opening isn’t better as a marketing pull post the end of the 50th celebration, but I’m not sure I buy this. Ratatouille opened in October if remember correctly. Opening dates for rides don’t necessarily need to coincide with some big holidays. I would put money on you being fine for a March trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom