News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 104 Stats (7/2):
7am: 925.3 secs, or ~15 mins
1pm: 17576.8 secs, or ~4 hours 53 mins

BG 185 (+13) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages:
12:20 - 12:40pm

Average pace: 4-5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 19.4s -> 1m (+1m)
1pm: 1hr 57m -> 2hr 8m (+11m)

That does it for Day 104 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-551.png

Dad 2 M & M

Pardon me for asking......I assume it has been covered.....Extended Evenings 6:00 VQ, is it still the case you don't have to be in the Park?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Pardon me for asking......I assume it has been covered.....Extended Evenings 6:00 VQ, is it still the case you don't have to be in the Park?

That's correct - you will either just need a Magic Kingdom reservation or have tapped into another park earlier in the day. Here's the official wording.

An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 105 Stats (7/3):
7am: 7.7 secs
1pm: 11146.7 secs, or ~3 hours 6 mins

BG 172 (-13) is the last BG called for the day at 9:43pm.

Notable stoppages:
10:40 - 11:00am

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 19.2s -> 18.4s (-0.8s)
1pm: 1hr 50m -> 1hr 55m (+5m)

That does it for Day 105 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-1065.png

Dad 2 M & M

That's correct - you will either just need a Magic Kingdom reservation or have tapped into another park earlier in the day. Here's the official wording.

An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.
Great….Thanks for always being there

Been a minute; all well with you and your peeps?

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 106 Stats (7/4 🇺🇸):
7am: 5.7 secs
1pm: 5444.3 secs, or ~1 hour 31mins

BG 183 (+11) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
11:00 - 11:25am

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 5m -> 5m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 15m -> 1hr 16m (+1m)

That does it for Day 106 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-1052.png

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 107 Stats (7/5):
7am: 7.6 secs
1pm: 501.9 secs, or ~8 mins
6pm: 6.0 secs

BG 171 (-12) is the last BG called during regular park hours at 9pm.

For EEH, resumed at 9:35pm with BG's 176-179, with BG 213 as the last BG called for the day at 11pm.

Notable stoppages: None

Average pace: 5mins/BG, 2-3mins/BG during EEH

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 21.2s -> 20.3s (-0.9s)
1pm: 1hr 35m -> 1hr 30m (-5m)
6pm: 37m -> 35m (-2m)

That does it for Day 107 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-407.png

Thepuma

Has there ever been any stats on what ride times you get compared to what time you grab the VQ reservation.

For me this would help in trying to get a night time (dark) ride guaranteed for Tron.

ie...for the 1pm drop, you wouldn't want to grab a VQ straight away because you'll be riding in daylight, but it would be interesting to know on average what Boarding group or time you are best to click the 'join queue' to give yourself the best chance of a night ride.

Oh and yes, I know you can buy ILL for night time but ideally I don't want to have to pay.

gerarar

Premium Member
Has there ever been any stats on what ride times you get compared to what time you grab the VQ reservation.

For me this would help in trying to get a night time (dark) ride guaranteed for Tron.

ie...for the 1pm drop, you wouldn't want to grab a VQ straight away because you'll be riding in daylight, but it would be interesting to know on average what Boarding group or time you are best to click the 'join queue' to give yourself the best chance of a night ride.

Oh and yes, I know you can buy ILL for night time but ideally I don't want to have to pay.
For the 1pm drop, you can always join the VQ and see what BG you get. From that, you can calculate around what time you will be called at.

For example, say you get BG 95 right at 1pm. If the current BG being called is say BG 60, given the average of 4-5 mins/BG, your BG 95 will be called in about 175 mins, or ~3 hours. So around 4pm-5pm at the latest. Obviously this is still sunny out, so you can leave the VQ and grab another BG.

My recommendation is to use the BG average to then calculate your return window, also remembering you are given 1 hour to return.

Linkperez

Are they still being strict about the 1-hour return window, no matter if it's morning, afternoon, or night?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom