News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 230 Stats (11/5):
7am: 7.5 secs
1pm: 555.2 secs, or ~9 mins

BG 160 (-30) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages:
11:41 - 12:02pm

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 6m -> 6m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 32m -> 1hr 30m (-2m)

That does it for Day 230 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-48.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 231 Stats (11/6):
7am: 3.7 secs
1pm: 287.4 secs, or ~5 mins

BG 175 (+15) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

Notable stoppages: None

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 2m -> 2m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 12m -> 1hr 10m (-2m)

That does it for Day 231 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-47.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 232 Stats (11/7):
7am: 4.5 secs
1pm: 308.5 secs, or ~5 mins

BG 185 (+10) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 13m -> 13m (+0)
1pm: 57m -> 56m (-1m)

That does it for Day 232 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-54.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 233 Stats (11/8):
7am: 5.6 secs
1pm: 52.8 secs

BG 165 (-20) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages:
11:45 - 12:05pm
3:40 - 4:00pm
6:46 - 7:04pm

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 6m -> 6m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 4m -> 1hr 2m (-2m)

That does it for Day 233 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-35.png

davidro

Hi gerarar these are really useful stats thanks. If you only get to join the VQ once a day, is the recommendation to go for the afternoon queue? I heard the ride is more atmospheric at night and chances are better to get a night ride with the later queue. If feels like you’d be almost guaranteed to get a spot in the afternoon queue based on these times whereas the morning drop is a lottery?

How would you play this over the Xmas / new year period? Would you try for the morning queue or just wait for the afternoon?

gerarar

Premium Member
Hi gerarar these are really useful stats thanks. If you only get to join the VQ once a day, is the recommendation to go for the afternoon queue? I heard the ride is more atmospheric at night and chances are better to get a night ride with the later queue. If feels like you’d be almost guaranteed to get a spot in the afternoon queue based on these times whereas the morning drop is a lottery?

How would you play this over the Xmas / new year period? Would you try for the morning queue or just wait for the afternoon?
If you really want to ride at night, I would definitely try for the afternoon VQ. But even that is not guaranteed. Depending on the day, the afternoon 1pm VQ window could close quickly or last longer. I would imagine Christmas week to be more on the quicker side.

You could join the VQ and see what BG you get. Calculate the approximate callback time (using the 4-5 mins BG average). If it doesn't line up towards night, leave and rejoin the VQ. Of course this is risky as the VQ could close at any time.

Quick example would be say they're currently at BG 60 at 1pm. At the 1pm drop you get BG 110. A difference of 50 boarding groups x 5/mins per BG ≈ 200 mins or 3 hours 20 mins. So that BG 110 would be called around 4:20pm. That isn't ideal so I would immediately leave and rejoin the VQ for a later BG slot. Of course any downtimes may deviate the math.

On a good day for the ride, around BG 120 and above is a good spot for getting a night ride.

I would also recommend just getting an Individual Lightning Lane, where you can pick your return window, just to be sure. Plus you'll be able to ride Tron twice in one day if you also do the VQ. You can get your ILL starting at 7am (if you're a resort guest) or whenever the park opens.

gerarar

Premium Member
7am drop lasted for 6.174 secs.
Thursday 7am Drop Average: 9m -> 9m (+0)

BG's 1-12 called at 8:46am as part of the initial wave.

Last edited:

davidro

If you really want to ride at night, I would definitely try for the afternoon VQ. But even that is not guaranteed. Depending on the day, the afternoon 1pm VQ window could close quickly or last longer. I would imagine Christmas week to be more on the quicker side.

You could join the VQ and see what BG you get. Calculate the approximate callback time (using the 4-5 mins BG average). If it doesn't line up towards night, leave and rejoin the VQ. Of course this is risky as the VQ could close at any time.

Quick example would be say they're currently at BG 60 at 1pm. At the 1pm drop you get BG 110. A difference of 50 boarding groups x 5/mins per BG ≈ 200 mins or 3 hours 20 mins. So that BG 110 would be called around 4:20pm. That isn't ideal so I would immediately leave and rejoin the VQ for a later BG slot. Of course any downtimes may deviate the math.

On a good day for the ride, around BG 120 and above is a good spot for getting a night ride.

I would also recommend just getting an Individual Lightning Lane, where you can pick your return window, just to be sure. Plus you'll be able to ride Tron twice in one day if you also do the VQ. You can get your ILL starting at 7am (if you're a resort guest) or whenever the park opens.
Thanks so much for this advice! Like you say a brave man to exit a 1pm VQ for a later group when I have seen sometimes 1pm can also go in seconds. The issue I’ve got is that my hotel gets me early entry but I can’t buy ILL’s until the park opens. Over Xmas and new year what’s the chances ILL’s will still be available at park open? I heard for ROTR they are all gone by park open

gerarar

Premium Member
6pm drop (MVMCP) closed at 6:18pm, lasting for 1090.142 secs, or ~18 mins.
Thursday 6pm Drop Average: 23m -> 22m (-1m)

There is no BG being called at 6pm, thus no comparison to yesterday.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 234 Stats (11/9):
7am: 6.2 secs
1pm: 32.0 secs
6pm: 1090.1 secs, or ~18 mins 🎄

BG 125 (-40) is the last BG called during regular park hours at 5:15pm.

For MVMCP, resumed at 6:29pm with BG's 131-136 with BG 225 as the last BG called for the day at 11pm.

Average pace: 5mins/BG, 4mins/BG during MVMCP

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 9m -> 9m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 34m -> 1hr 32m (-2m)
6pm: 23m -> 22m (-1m)

That does it for Day 234 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot.png

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop lasted for 8.507 secs.
Friday 1pm Drop Average: 1hr 12m -> 1hr 10m (-2m)

Up to BG 71 called at 1pm, same as yesterday.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom