Tron Legacy

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Ok all, so I just came back from seeing Tron Legacy and needless to say I thought it was pretty good! After seeing it I was thinking the following; (I know it's not going to happen but it's a hypothetical)

What if Star Tours 3D was not reallying happening and Disney was building a Tron ride instead? The aspect of being tossed around and everything would be great for how Tron is.

Thoughts? A tron ride IMO is greatly needed after seeing the movie!
Has Disney ever kept anything really a secret and then when it opened completely different then what they have anticipated? (minus the new FL construction.)

That's not gonna happen considering how greatly Disney is hyping the new Star Tours plus we've already seen footage of the new ride. Star Wars should stay in it's rightful place anyway.

docandsix

I was unimpressed by the film. Some of the effects were impressive, but a lot of the movie, like the original, consisted of people walking around in neon-striped clothes and talking about nonsense. I think Disney has a moderate box office success, but not a game-changing, sequel-generating, cultural phenomenon (like Pirates and Captain Jack Sparrow) on their hands. I vote thumbs-down on an attraction based on a film that will be forgotten or even mocked (like Dinosaur) in a decade.

disnyfan89

I was unimpressed by the film. Some of the effects were impressive, but a lot of the movie, like the original, consisted of people walking around in neon-striped clothes and talking about nonsense. I think Disney has a moderate box office success, but not a game-changing, sequel-generating, cultural phenomenon (like Pirates and Captain Jack Sparrow) on their hands. I vote thumbs-down on an attraction based on a film that will be forgotten or even mocked (like Dinosaur) in a decade.
Dinosaur is mocked? :shrug:

hemloc

I vote thumbs-down on an attraction based on a film that will be forgotten or even mocked (like Dinosaur) in a decade.

TRON was anything but forgotten or mocked... From video games to music(Particularly electronic!), it has served as an inspiration, if anything!! TRON was one of the biggest videogames out there, and, um, DAFT PUNK, anyone??

ChrisFL

Premium Member
someone watched Dinosaur? :confused:

Anyway, I don't think it will be mocked at all. In fact, last week I was watching on youtube, a special about the creation of the original TRON...it apparently was made a few years ago, becasue they weren't aware the sequel was going to be made.

The interesting part is seeing John Lasseter saying that he loved the original TRON and if it hadn't been made, there would have been no Toy Story. I'm guessing because that movie he saw the potential of CGI

Next Big Thing

Whi;e we are talking about TRON and SW in the same vein for a second, does anyone think that, hypothetically, lets say legacy ends up doing well and they do another movie. Does anyone think, should the fanbase become big enough, they might do a fan event like SWW for TRON at DHS? I could easily see them doing it as it would be a easy way for them to make money and it would be another geeky type event like SWW to attract a lot of those specific fans. The question is, will TRON ever get big enough for something like this?

EDIT: I guess what i'm describing is pretty much ElecTRONica isn't it?

docandsix

Dinosaur is mocked? :shrug:

In our house, yes. It's trite and silly. What might've been a memorable technical achievement was (except for the opening sequence) overcome by an atrocious script (from the unnecessarily pretentious narration at the opening and closing scenes to the cheesy humor of "love-monkey" lemur mating ritual), bad character design and voice-acting (iguanodons with teeth, old lady styracosaurus), predictable plot, and faulty internal logic (only meat-eating, bad guy dinosaurs can't talk?). My children still regret the day I offered to take them to see Dinosaur or Chicken Run during their initial theatrical releases and they chose the former, a dud, over the latter, an under-appreciated classic.

Dinosaur is, in my mind, maybe the worst Disney movie to have a major attraction based upon it. Having seen Tron: Legacy, I think discussions of an E-ticket attraction honoring the Tron films would be in a similar neighborhood. And again, for the record, I'm predicting that Tron: Legacy will lose box office steam very quickly and will not be the mega-hit Disney was hoping for.

ddbowdoin

I have to agree, but that is what I liked about it... the film was very philosophical, and unfortunately the vast majority of Americans will not be able to comprehend the thematic elements of the films... its not cut and dry on a plate for you, you actually have to think!

bgraham34

I have to agree, but that is what I liked about it... the film was very philosophical, and unfortunately the vast majority of Americans will not be able to comprehend the thematic elements of the films... its not cut and dry on a plate for you, you actually have to think!

Thats a good thing, i am sick of Joe Six pack movies.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Dinosaur is, in my mind, maybe the worst Disney movie to have a major attraction based upon it.

But did it really?

I mean, the "Dinosaur" name for the ride wasn't that to start with, it was "Countdown to Extinction"....Disney changed the name to when the movie came out (how imaginative) for synergy

hemloc

I'm predicting that Tron: Legacy will lose box office steam very quickly and will not be the mega-hit Disney was hoping for.

You have to remember that Box Office Steam means nada when all is said and done.. Sure, it helps, but in this post-Titanic era, Bluray/DVD/Downloads equates to a ton of sales. And cult films have always done well. I don't think this will be the last we've heard of Tron, not for one minute...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a present from jmaxwell007.....Tronified Castle Wall Paper. He has done both a 16:9 format as well as a 4:3:sohappy: Please flood his PM box with things like "You are a big bucket of awesome with a side of awesome sauce" but please do not besiege him with "Could you get this picture for me?" requests.

Attachments

• 4_3_TronImage.jpg
    4_3_TronImage.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 16_9_TronImage.jpg
    16_9_TronImage.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 25

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I have a present from jmaxwell007.....Tronified Castle Wall Paper. He has done both a 16:9 format as well as a 4:3:sohappy: Please flood his PM box with things like "You are a big bucket of awesome with a side of awesome sauce" but please do not besiege him with "Could you get this picture for me?" requests.
:lol::lol::lol:

That is too funny. They can just download form here. Richard, should we grab some more for the fun of it? Just let me know. *thumbs up*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom