Tron Is Looking Dirty

JoeCamel

Its not the most outrageously sized structure as it is awkward. But at the end of the day some good people lifts and pressure washers would do wonders, it is just they do not care to do this as a priority.
Just park a crane there for 2 - 3 months and let people hang from a basket to wash, worked for the castle lights right?

AEfx

I think a lot can be said about poor maintenance and cleanliness at the parks, but this was an inevitability. I'm not sure if frequent cleaning would be practical, so I actually don't blame them for it not looking great.

Perhaps they should have thought about it before spending 5 years and 100's of millions of dollars on it?

I mean, obviously, the MK really really needed another huge white building in Tomorrowland housing a roller coaster - one was just never enough! - but like practically every thing else about this project - it just was a poor idea from the start, poorly implemented, and all for a 60 second ride, ROFL.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Perhaps they should have thought about it before spending 5 years and 100's of millions of dollars on it?

I mean, obviously, the MK really really needed another huge white building in Tomorrowland housing a roller coaster - one was just never enough! - but like practically every thing else about this project - it just was a poor idea from the start, poorly implemented, and all for a 60 second ride, ROFL.
I don’t think the ride is that great, but I like how it changed the skyline of Tomorrowland… it’s really pretty IMO.

matt9112

Yea, it was known this was going to happen since they built it. It’s all white, so everything pops even more…

Still sad because it’s a new ride, but it was inevitable and there isn’t a great solution.

So your saying they would have known when they designed the entire roof structure? Furthermore they would have decades of weather data on the magic kingdom and how things weather in Florida?

All before they ever built it….. wild.

some other guy

iirc wasn't this on-and-off in development since Tron 2?
so really it's been since 2010 or so for somebody to notice mildew growing on a sidewalk, or on the side of Space Mountain, or any of a hundred light-colored surfaces anywhere in the Florida properties and rub two brain cells together

lazyboy97o

iirc wasn't this on-and-off in development since Tron 2?
so really it's been since 2010 or so for somebody to notice mildew growing on a sidewalk, or on the side of Space Mountain, or any of a hundred light-colored surfaces anywhere in the Florida properties and rub two brain cells together
No, the co-financed project was different and would have been located behind Main Street, USA. Something actually designed for the park. It was a dead project for about 6-7 years until after Shanghai Disneyland opened and Walt Disney World became desperate for capacity resulting in TRON and Ratatouille being dropped into weird places.

Animaniac93-98

Imagine if they had spent the same amount of time and money refurbishing the rest of the park instead of building TRON.

Br0ckford

Premium Member
Tron The Ride... Now Sponsored by Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
cleaning up mr clean GIF by ADWEEK

DisneyCane

Surprised they didn't use ETFE like for the clear roof of the US Bank Stadium (Vikings) and Sofi Stadium (Rams/Chargers). ETFE is supposedly self cleaning and everything washes off when it rains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom