Tron Is Looking Dirty

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
As the days of summer go by, the Tron Lightcycle/Run continues to cover in mildew and mold. They have yet to clean this canopy, so it’ll be interesting to see the plan that they devise to clean it. The marks on the canopy look slightly more black in person.

IMG_2544.jpeg

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
I think a lot can be said about poor maintenance and cleanliness at the parks, but this was an inevitability. I'm not sure if frequent cleaning would be practical, so I actually don't blame them for it not looking great.
Yea, it was known this was going to happen since they built it. It’s all white, so everything pops even more…

Still sad because it’s a new ride, but it was inevitable and there isn’t a great solution.

StantonZ

What baffles me is: they had this same canopy in Shanghai for over 5 years...and I don't see pictures posted of the same "dirty" marks there. Is it a different material? Do China guests not care about such things? Of course, I seem to remember the Shanghai version cycling through (lots of) colors also.

JoeCamel

What baffles me is: they had this same canopy in Shanghai for over 5 years...and I don't see pictures posted of the same "dirty" marks there. Is it a different material? Do China guests not care about such things? Of course, I seem to remember the Shanghai version cycling through (lots of) colors also.
It is different material but I doubt that is the difference, in Florida if it isn't moving it is growing mold.
Saharan dust for months gives the mold a place to grow and all the construction in the area contributes.
Maybe a flock of drones with tiny buckets to clean it?

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Of course, I seem to remember the Shanghai version cycling through (lots of) colors also.
Our canopy can do the full range of RGB colors as well, but we only get the orange blue and white sequences. I hope they eventually add more colors, because I think the green pulses would be neat to see, but our lights are capable of doing any color. Don’t know if their canopy is synchronized to music like ours is though…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
As the days of summer go by, the Tron Lightcycle/Run continues to cover in mildew and mold. They have yet to clean this canopy, so it’ll be interesting to see the plan that they devise to clean it. The marks on the canopy look slightly more black in person.

View attachment 732904
Cleaning budget cut. They’ll do it when they change it to Tiana’s motorbike ride

lazyboy97o

It is different material but I doubt that is the difference, in Florida if it isn't moving it is growing mold.
Saharan dust for months gives the mold a place to grow and all the construction in the area contributes.
Maybe a flock of drones with tiny buckets to clean it?
It is not a different material, just a different color. Both canopies use ETFE, a derivative of PTFE mostly commonly known by the brand name Teflon. It’s also not likely to be mold as mold it’s an area exposed to significant sunlight, hardly the sort of dark, damp place with a food source that mold like.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Florida is very unforgiving in terms of weather conditions causing mold. No excuses, it should be cleaned, but its going to be an ongoing issue due to the environment.

some other guy

Florida is very unforgiving in terms of weather conditions causing mold. No excuses, it should be cleaned, but its going to be an ongoing issue due to the environment.
yeah I will be fair that it is hard to undersell the miracles of mold in Florida, despite us being "The Sunshine State", but still, The Mouse has had crud on buildings since Space Mountain and the Contemporary went up, I think that was at least a week or two ago, so they should anticipate having to handle this

celluloid

This happened in the climate yet the clone supposedly took so long because of years of research to custom design it.

We all knew this was likely because modern Disney upkeep is null to the former company standards.

Its not the most outrageously sized structure as it is awkward. But at the end of the day some good people lifts and pressure washers would do wonders, it is just they do not care to do this as a priority.

Much like the broken facade in Hollywood Studios. It is not a priority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom