Tron Coaster

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
For those of you who have been lucky enough to have visited SDL, how is the Tron Coaster? I literally know nothing about it and I’m curious if it is really something special, or just an average ride, or perhaps not very good at all?

Thanks for any insight!

bryanfze55

If I’m not mistaken, the actual “roller coaster” part of the ride, as in actually moving at full speed, is less than one minute...

It takes up a ton of space for a ride so short, and I can only hope Disney thinks about line of sight issues when building this... I’m not too confident.

Also, I don’t think Tron is a good representation of what Walt wanted for Disney Parks. It’s dystopian, whereas Tomorrowland is supposed to be a hopeful and optimistic vision of the future.

But I’m glad MK is getting a ride, it sorely needs it. Of course that wouldn’t be an issue if Disney hadn’t spent the last few decades replacing perfectly good rides in the Magic Kingdom instead of adding more.

Marc Davis Fan

This should probably be in the existing Tron thread, but I'll engage anyway:

It was okay. I didn't find it to be anything special. It was short, and the effects weren't really different from ones we've seen elsewhere (lights, screens, sound/music). Other people seemed to really like it, though. I'm glad MK is finally getting a new e-ticket after 20+ years, but WDW's flagship park deserves to receive something else more impressive and groundbreaking ASAP.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
This should probably be in the existing Tron thread, but I'll engage anyway:

It was okay. I didn't find it to be anything special. It was short, and the effects weren't really different from ones we've seen elsewhere (lights, screens, sound/music). Other people seemed to really like it, though. I'm glad MK is finally getting a new e-ticket after 20+ years, but WDW's flagship park deserves to receive something else more impressive and groundbreaking ASAP.
Appreciate the insight. Would have been even nicer without the unnecessary preamble. 🤷🏻‍♂️

celluloid

Yes, Tron is faster. It goes up to 59-60 mph. While Hagrid’s is about 49-50 mph. Tron actually has the highest speed of any Disney coaster.

I think technically it would be a tie with Rock N Rollercoaster.
Either way, both do not sustain that speed very long, but a fun semantic.

Hagrid's obviously has the length and dynamic track win with its multiple launches, direction, manuever's and length.

The Jurassic Coaster will be an interesting comparison to Tron as their timing will be similar as well.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Today:
20190822_191206.jpg

Surprised they couldn't imagine something with light cycles using similar technology as the Flight of Passage. Imagine being placed in the arena for an interactive game. Every game is different because you are controlling the light cycle. This ride just seems like a pale comparison to Rock n Rollercoaster and Space Mountain. It doesn't move the needle for me as a must experience attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom