News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Fear

I had a thought where they could have Team Green members walking around the area for photo ops. Literally parks-specific TRON characters. Light-up costumes, whole nine yards.

Would never happen, but would be rad as heck.

J4546

it might. theyve been steadily adding to avengers campus, toy story land, and galaxies edge since theyve opened. maybe this tron area will be added to as well?

DisneyCane

Did the preview yesterday. The seat comfort didn't bother me because the ride is so short you don't really have time to get uncomfortable. The seating position combined with the launch made for a very fun opening of the ride. Like all launch coasters once you get past the launch and the first few maneuvers they are just kind of OK. There aren't any great effects or anything inside the building that changed my mind on that. The pre-show and approach to the loading platform were cooler than the 2nd half of the ride.

It was definitely fun. I'm not sure it will be worth the waits that it will probably have.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details on the TRON Lightcycle / Run Virtual Queue have been released. There will be a third Virtual Queue during Extended Evening Theme Park Hours for select guests.

Guests must have valid admission and a theme park reservation to join the virtual queue. There will be 2 daily opportunities to request to join the virtual queue for TRON Lightcycle / Run:
  • 7:00 AM (Guests do not need to be in the park when they join, but must have a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom park)
  • 1:00 PM (Guests must be in Magic Kingdom park to join the virtual queue)
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours

An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours––a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in Magic Kingdom park to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.

JohnD

To date, for each new ride using the VQ, the prior ride using it stopped using it. Does this mean Guardians will stop using the VQ or will it continue?

MagicHappens1971

To date, for each new ride using the VQ, the prior ride using it stopped using it. Does this mean Guardians will stop using the VQ or will it continue?
I still don’t think Disneys announced it. DLR had VQs for Webslingers & Rise at the same time so it’s not unprecedented. But Guardians has great capacity and will be open for nearly a year by the time Tron opens so they really should just drop the VQ for it.

I guess time will tell

Andrew25

Until they drop Genie, I doubt we get regular standby lines for Tron or GOTG anytime soon. GOTG's queue is surprisingly small, same with Tron. If it weren't for Genie, the Guardians queue would hold no more than a 25 minute wait.

sWANNISAX

MK is currently open until 10pm. But if you mean for joining the 6:00 pm VQ, yes.
If you get a boarding group in the morning it will definitely be called before dark. If you get one at 1 you might have a shot. But the only guarantee is to be a hotel guest or buy an Ill and that is sucky in my view

SingleRider

Premium Member
If you get a boarding group in the morning it will definitely be called before dark. If you get one at 1 you might have a shot. But the only guarantee is to be a hotel guest or buy an Ill and that is sucky in my view
And all of the evening ILLs could be taken by hotel guests before park opening, so you may really have to stay at a Disney hotel and buy an ILL to ride at night, or take your chances with virtual queue.

Hawg G

And all of the evening ILLs could be taken by hotel guests before park opening, so you may really have to stay at a Disney hotel and buy an ILL to ride at night, or take your chances with virtual queue.
Or have an ILL for 10 am and use it at 9 pm. I'm going to assume they will need to adjust that rule for TRON.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom