Tripadvisor

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Hello everyone! I usually refer to the the Trip Advisor website at www.tripadvisor.com to see what other people are saying about hotels and restaurants in general. Some of the reviews are usually written by people who have had miserable experiences, but those are outweighed by people who have had really great experiences!

I submit my own personal, non-biased, and balanced reviews on hotels I've stayed at. You're more than welcome to read some of the contributions I've written in the past. I don't work for TripAdvisor, nor do I get paid for my contributions. My reviews are usually written while I'm at the hotel so I'm getting first hand experiences of what you can expect/anticipate if you should stay at the hotel.

I have a couple of hotel reviews on International Drive (Orlando, FL).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/wearytraveler1974

Happy traveling! :)

As a side note, we'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress near Downtown Disney when we visit "The Mouse" in September. So, expect a review on that hotel soon! :)

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
I liked your idea of sharing a hotel review websites so that people like me can come to know which hotels will be the best to stay.
Thanks a lot.

You're welcome! Again, I'm not affiliated with any of these hotels, Tripadvisor, or this website. I'm just a traveler like many of you who want decent service at a decent price. :)

luvdisneyworld

Thanks for sharing! I have been pouring over trip advisor lately. Trying to weigh the benefits of staying offsite vs onsite. I am looking at a couple hotels in Kissimmee and there are good and bad reviews on both of them. I am sort of mixed up on what to believe. :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing! I have been pouring over trip advisor lately. Trying to weigh the benefits of staying offsite vs onsite. I am looking at a couple hotels in Kissimmee and there are good and bad reviews on both of them. I am sort of mixed up on what to believe. :brick:
Review sites like tripadvisor can be a bit of a mixed bag. A disproportionate number of people simply go on there to rant when they expected far to much out of the hotel they booked simply because they did not do their homework. The best thing I have found to do is look through all of the negative views and toss out those that are complaining about things they should have know in the first place (ie to far from Disney, only 1 pool, no restaurant, etc) You will then want to look for a common thread of complaints in the remaining reviews. (ie rooms were unclean, pool was green, the place has a meth lab in it, etc) If those common complaints bother you stay away.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Review sites like tripadvisor can be a bit of a mixed bag. A disproportionate number of people simply go on there to rant when they expected far to much out of the hotel they booked simply because they did not do their homework. The best thing I have found to do is look through all of the negative views and toss out those that are complaining about things they should have know in the first place (ie to far from Disney, only 1 pool, no restaurant, etc) You will then want to look for a common thread of complaints in the remaining reviews. (ie rooms were unclean, pool was green, the place has a meth lab in it, etc) If those common complaints bother you stay away.

I don't disagree about your opinion of Tripadvisor as I have seen the same thing. Those types of reviews are done by disgruntled visitors because they had a wrinkle in their bed sheets or the batteries in the remote control were dead. Also, Trip Advisor strongly recommends that you write your review of the hotel you stayed at within a few days afterwards or they won't allow you to post it at all.

My only beef with the way Trip Advisor does this is if you had a bad experience at a hotel and were still steaming mad about your stay, you can write a scathing review and readers will sense that anger! I try to write my reviews while I'm in the hotel room, lobby, or if I'm sitting in the hotel restaurant having a cup of coffee.

My last review on the Hilton Grand Cypress near Downtown Disney was written on the afternoon we returned home from Disney. The memory was still fresh. I tried writing a great review on a hotel I stayed at in New York last year, but Trip Advisor said I couldn't do it because I was outside of that window where I have to post my reviews.

Trip Advisor - you can take it or leave it. I'm not getting paid by them nor do I have any affiliation with them. I just enjoy writing my reviews for everyone to read.

luvdisneyworld

I have to agree with you. I have come to that conclusion after having read a good majority of them. It seems some expect 2 stars to be 5 stars, its things like that I can pretty much look over, its the bed bug comments that have me scratching my head...pardon the pun:ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have to agree with you. I have come to that conclusion after having read a good majority of them. It seems some expect 2 stars to be 5 stars, its things like that I can pretty much look over, its the bed bug comments that have me scratching my head...pardon the pun:ROFLOL:
Bed bugs are one of those things that, IMHP, gets misreported a good bit. Because there have been a few cases, the news has run with the bed bug epidemic angle and your average person has become paranoid. Now it seems like every time someone has an itch in a hotel the default to the "OMG!1!!!!! BeDbugzzzz!!!1!!!!" position. Bed bugs are a reality and they do occur even in 5 star places, but there are several other things that will produces similar symptoms that are much more common. If there are consistent, credible reports about bed bugs (evidence other than itching or bites) then I would steer clear.

Susan Savia

Trip Adviser is a great site for checking out resorts, motels, etc prior to your visit. I have posted a number of reviews from our trips to various cities. If your checking for bedbugs there is a site just for that and its quite reliable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom