Trip to Disney

mattravels

Original Poster
MY TRIP TO DISNEY WAS GREAT!!!! As is all my Disney trips. One thing I would love to point out! THE TRANSPORTATION HAS TAKEN A SERIOUS TURN FOR THE WORST!! I ALWAYS stay at the Polynesian, GF, or AKL, but this time we stayed at Riverside. The resort was nice but it was missing SOMETHING. It's wierd I would never say the resort was bad, it was pleasant and calm but WAY too spread out for me. We waited on a bus 3 times for 40 minutes, 50 minutes, and another 40 minutes. IT WAS AWEFUL! Then when we got on the bus it was packed already with people! We got on there double packed down the rows and the bus drivers were NOT nice AT ALL!! TRANSPORTATION HAS TAKEN A SEVERE TURN FOR THE WORSE!! Anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's because I'm used to the deluxe resorts?:veryconfu

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by mattravels
Maybe it's because I'm used to the deluxe resorts?:veryconfu
:zipit: Mmmmm - snob slumming it in a moderate :p :lol:

I'll bet that you stayed in the old Dixie Landings part of Riverside (as opposed to the French Quarter) - when we stayed at FQ in the past the buses always started their journey at FQ and then made their way around DL until they were full. This usually meant that guests at DL were left standing for later buses to pick them up. Its got nothing to do with the standard of hotel - just poor route planning with DISNEYS BUSES.

bailey5697

Re: Re: Trip to Disney

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
:Its got nothing to do with the standard of hotel - just poor route planning with DISNEYS BUSES.

A few people that I know that have just returned have said that the buses were pretty bad. THey stayed in the Wildreness Lodge and POFQ. I am very happy we rented a car. We might try buses at some point, but the car will most likely be our main transportation.
I can't believe I am leaving on Friday!!! It is really here!!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

mwitkus

we just booked our rental car for our october trip because of this reason... we figured for the cost for 5 adults to travel via mears to and from the airport, and then having to rely 100% on the disney transportation, we would be better off to just split the cost of the rental and have an option of driving or not... obviously this may not be as cost effective for everyone as it is for us this time, but i'm hoping it will work out well...

also - just wanted to mention that last year we stayed at WL and didn't have any problems with transportation, but we did witness a large group of very unhappy people who reported to have been waiting for over 45 minutes for a bus to mgm and when they did speak to drivers on other buses they were told to just wait... this was not my first hand experience, but i can tell you these people were not happy....

bhg469

Originally posted by mattravels
MY TRIP TO DISNEY WAS GREAT!!!! As is all my Disney trips. One thing I would love to point out! THE TRANSPORTATION HAS TAKEN A SERIOUS TURN FOR THE WORST!!

i know what you mean but i think it might be a problem with the resort, i stayed there and had the same problem, i also want to coronado 3 times last summer and never waited more than 10 minutes and only had to stand on a bus once on the way back form MK after close so we expected to stand.

Badger Brent

We also felt that with the two sides and being so spread out, that the bussing system wasn't our favorite of the ones we stayed at so far. We now get a rental car and use it most of the time. The only time bussing seems to help us is when we go to MK. The parking and walking and the boat or monorail seem to take too long for us.

SnowWhite5669

We stayed at Caribbean Beach a few weeks ago and we were right near a bus stop which was good except one night we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to Downtown Disney. (The upside was that we met three other couples from Rhode Island at the same bus stop!! It was pretty cool!) We called transportation 3 times and finally a bus came. But I think that was just a fluke. We rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom