Trip to Disney This Dec- rates and time

bgraham34

I am planning on going to Disney the First or second weekend in December for 4 days. What would be the better weekend. Dec. 1-5th or 8th-12th. I want the least amount of crowds since I am use to going the end of Sept. And when would they announce lower rates for hotels. Either AP or discount rates for Dec. Thanks a bunch.

J

joviacdan

Hmmm....That's a tough one.

I would say the second weekend. Only because there may be still some leftover Thanksgiving crowds to contend with.

Either way - Have an awesome time!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

The second weekend, to allow for Thanksgiving time crowds to thin out a bit.

Both dates, if Im not mistaken, are in value season so resort prices will be cheap even if you cannot find AP rates for those dates--even tho AP rates have been consistent for that time period!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Original Poster
Wow someone else is planning on going that is cool. I would like to do the second week, but who can wait an extra week to go to
Disney. Lets see what happens eh.

Upvote 0

julieluvsdisney

December trip

Early December is a great time to go. We're also planning on a trip at that time. Went during that same week (the weekend following the weekend after Thanksgiving) two years ago, and it was wonderful. The decorations are great, and the MVMCP is so much fun. The crowds were minimal, except for the cheerleaders. It has been my experience that the discount codes for that time won't be out until around late August or September. What we did was make our reserv. and if a better code comes out later, just change your reserv.

Have a great time,
Julie:xmas:

Upvote 0

swimmom

Re: December trip

Originally posted by julieluvsdisney
The decorations are great, and the MVMCP is so much fun.

We are also going in December and have never been to MVMCP. How was your MVMCP experience? I have read both negative & positive comments.
:xmas:

Upvote 0

julieluvsdisney

MVMCP

MVMCP was great! We went in early Dec., on a Tue. night. We got there just before the party started. We went to take our family picture in Tomorrowland right away (a liitle wait), we then went to a show next to the Buzz ride (it was great). We rode some rides, saw a couple shows, and did some shopping. A word about shopping, souvenirs for this event will only be available during this event. So make time for shopping if you want. The cookies and cocoa are great and very easy to get. They have them set up at some of the counter-service rest. The parade was spectacular, my son thought it was so cool to watch this parade on Christmas day at home and see the same parade (mostly) he had seen while we were there. We had minimal crowds and there was a nice chill in the air. Just perfect to get us in the Christmas spirit!

Enjoy,

Upvote 0

fjm777

We went last year the first week of December and there were large crowds there on Sunday and Monday left over from Thanksgiving. Tuesday through Thursday were great, almost no crowds.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

So I know I've asked it before, but as far as Thanksgiving goes, are the big crowds on Thanksgiving day and the Friday through Sunday after? We are going from the Saturday before to the Friday after. I've seen some answers being general in crowd levels but what is it like, really?

Upvote 0

fjm777

The Sunday after Thanksgiving we went to EPCOT and the crowds were big but not horrible. Waits on Test Track about 30 - 45 min. On Monday we went to the Magic Kingdom and it was so crowded that we could hardly move. I'm sure there are more crowded times but it was bad. The wait on Pooh 90 minutes, Small World 60 min and so on. Like I said before the crowds Tuesday - Thursday were not big at all. We walked right on to every ride at all the parks. Test Track 15 min, Mission Space 10 min, Spaceship Earth 0 min, Rockin Rollercoaster 5 min, ToT 10 min, Pooh 10 min, Small World 0 min, etc.

Upvote 0

sunya

Re: December trip

Early December is a great time to go. We're also planning on a trip at that time. Went during that same week (the weekend following the weekend after Thanksgiving) two years ago, and it was wonderful. The decorations are great, and the MVMCP is so much fun.

My family and I are going to WDW 12/1/04-12/10/04. We have never been in December before and I am really excited about it, but also a little nervous that it won't be as good as our usual October trip.
We are thinking of doing dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and then the MVMCP on 12/3 for my son's 30th birthday and I'm hoping that it is as good as I have heard. Are there any tips from those that have done this before so that we won't miss anything that night? You probably can't do it all but what are the must see's for MVMCP? Are some better than others? How late is the park open on those nights?
What other Christmas attractions are there at WDW that we should not miss? If we want to hotel hop one day which ones have the nicest decorations?
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside as a Magical Gatherings group. Is anyone else going at the same time?

This is all new to me and I want to take advantage of others feedback about December in WDW!

Upvote 0

disneytati

I am going in December too! The first two weeks, hopefully.

Well sunya, let's see...

Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern is a great idea! The food is delicious and the character outfits are reallly special! As for MVMCP, it's good to arrive early and get a good spot for Celebrate the Season show at the castle stage. It's awesome!!! There's another great show at the Tomorrowland Theatre, just check the times when you arrive. The Country bear christmas show is also great, but it runs everyday, not only during the party, so you don't have to worry about it. I think the MK is open until midnight, but I am not sure. Anyway, be sure not to miss the parade, I think they have it twice at each party. And of course, the special fireworks. If you can get your family picture taken early, it's better, as the lines tend to get longer and longer as the party goes. The cocoa and cookies are good, too! (well, at least for me...)

As for other Christmas stuff at WDW, I've heard that the Grand Floridian has a life size gingerbread house, which is really beautiful. There are also the Christmas stuff at Epcot, like the Candlelight processional and all the christmas storyletting at world showcase which is very interesting. Let's see, what else? Well, the carolers at Epcot and Downtown Disney are very good too, so if you have some spare time, check it out!

I hope I've helped you... If you have any questions, just ask!!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

conntom

Hi bgraham34 Iam going the weekof Dec 5 to 11 this is the
cheapest week to go its after thankgiving and befor
Christmas so the Prices are Pretty good.
This year the Osborne Light will be back at DisneyMGM
if you have never seen them its a must see over 5 Million
Lights this year its great.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Yeah, I will be there from the 4th - 11th too.:sohappy: It is a full week after Thanksgiving this year, so the crowds should hopefully be gone. I hope:rolleyes: Well, maybe I will see some of you there.

I will be the one at the Rose & Crown pub tippin a Guinness.:lol:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

A couple of factors to consider.....

As many have noted, the left over Thanksgiving crowds.

Pop Warner Superbowl....lots of football players and cheerleaders in town. (dates not yet announced)

The first weekend of December, they usually film the WDW Christmas Parade at MK, so it's nuts.

And the internet meet December 5 throught December 13th.

But, overall, the crowds were nothing until the Friday before Holiday Season officially started last year, then it was wall to wall people. Maggie

Upvote 0

julieluvsdisney

The christmas parade during MVMCP is wonderful. Don't miss the shows, being able to ride the attractions is nice but if you're going to spend time in MK anyway designate more time for those things that are special during the party only. Going to Grand Floridian is nice. The tree is spectacular and the life-size gingerbread house is fabulous complete with the list of tons of ingredients. Osbourne lights are great. The snow falling on NY st. as well as the hot cocoa in the light-up mugs (to be purchased) is a nice touch. Two years ago they gave you glasses to wear that turned the lights into halographic angels ( we wore them back at home looking at lights also). Christmas at WDW is truly an experience not to be missed, especially when we go before the BIG crowds arrive.

Upvote 0

disneytati

The christmas parade during MVMCP is wonderful. Don't miss the shows, being able to ride the attractions is nice but if you're going to spend time in MK anyway designate more time for those things that are special during the party only. Going to Grand Floridian is nice. The tree is spectacular and the life-size gingerbread house is fabulous complete with the list of tons of ingredients. Osbourne lights are great. The snow falling on NY st. as well as the hot cocoa in the light-up mugs (to be purchased) is a nice touch. Two years ago they gave you glasses to wear that turned the lights into halographic angels ( we wore them back at home looking at lights also). Christmas at WDW is truly an experience not to be missed, especially when we go before the BIG crowds arrive.

I totally agree!!! I had forgotten about the Osborne Lights!!! They are awesome! I still have those glasses at home!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom