Trip time 6/8-6/17 (wdw, usf, cocoa beach)

Hello everyone hopefully I'll finish this and it won't be too long or boring! First off the gang consisted of my parents, my younger sister Meli (10) and me (16). We have Ap's to WDW and UF. We left right after my last final on the 8th and headed down to Orlando.

We arrived around 6ish, got the luggage and the rental car without any problems and were on our way. We stopped at the Publix on 192 before going "home." We rent vacation houses in the Indian Creek Subdivision. This time we ran into a minor problem seeing as we'd have to switch houses on Saturday because none of the houses the woman we rent from were open for our entire stay.

Didn't really unpack and headed into the hot tub. Oh yes now thats the life. Went to bed quite early because we were really excited for Thursday which was MGM time.

We weren't planning on going to MGM until around 8:30, but as we all know when you get there and you can smell Disney you always end up there earlier. We ended up at the turn stiles around 8:20ish. My mom ended up being the first one "in" the park. Of course they made us wait before they allowed us to go on ToT or RnRc. We were on the 2nd train of the morning for RnRc then my sister and I waited maybe 10 minutes for ToT. After that we went on The Great Movie ride. Basically walked right on. Crowds really weren't bad. Then we ran to WWtbaM. My sister is IN LOVE with that game. She makes us go 20 times a trip. lol We guessed on the fastest finger and none of us got it right. But when the person who was up there lost it ended up my mom was the top followed by my sister and I. I have been up there twice and I know how nerve racking it is. My mom made it to 32,000. She was shaking. Quite funny when your sitting there. We walked around for awhile and then had 1:00 PS at Sci-Fi. I'm still not a big fan of the place but thats alright. It was ok. After we went home swam and napped. That night went to Marketplace and bought half of the world of Disney. lol Yes, I think we did.

Friday was MK. Some may be quite angry at this but hey it worked at the time. We had PS at Crystal Palace for 8:10. Well when we got there we realized it was EMH so we ditched the breakfast and headed to Tomorrowland. SM was down so we got FPs and went on Buzz and then of course TTA. Headed into Fantasyland. Rode Pooh, Philarmagic which was pretty much an empty theater and then Small World. Small world looks SOOOO good. After we went on Big Thunder which was around a 10 minute wait and the Splash Mountain which had a little longer of a wait but someone handed us 2 FPs so my mom and I used them and it turned out as we got off my sister and dad were getting on. Waited for them then rode the train and walked over to Tomorrowland. Once again SM was down. Then we rode the Monorail to Epcot and ate at Morocco. Oh and rode Soarin. I love that ride. I was obsessed with it in Cali so I was so glad to have it at "home." We all were tired and decided to go back to the house. Did the normal swim, nap sort of thing. It was storming pretty bad when we got up but still my sister wanted to go back to MK since it was open til 12. So her and Dad went back while my mom and I chilled and watched Finding Nemo. I love that movie.

Saturday we were going to do the beach but the weather was not cooperating so we ended up at Universal. We rode Mummy 3 times and MIB 3 times also. I won all 3 times because I'm that amazing at that ride. Walked around rode ET where we made up new names. I was known as Lexi and my mom as Roxy. I should say that my sister decided to get soaked in Curious George because well thats her idea of a good time. Saw Fear Factor Live. It was pretty good but my gosh you will NEVER get me on there. I'm not into that. That's about all we did there so we walked out in the back by Nick. It makes me so sad to see it basically gone. I had so many good times and pictures there. We ate at HRC. It was good but we've been there before so it wasn't anything new. But before we got there this huge rain storm started and we were SOAKED. Man it's cold sitting in a/c while your dripping in water. My dad decided he wanted to go to IOA. It had stopped raining by this time so we walked over there to Marvel Super Hero Island (why is it an island I don't think its floating on water!!) and realized waits were crazy and there were too many people so we left. I don't remember what we did that night if we did anything. Hmm good question oh well.

Sunday was Cocoa Beach time. Made the drive and got there around 11. Staked out a spot and hit the water. Now I'm not a big beach person seeing as I'm VERY white. But it was overcast and I put on my SPF 30 and headed into the water. Observed surfer boys and dodged waves. Took in some rays without trying to and headed for a walk down the beach with my mom. After about 3 hours my sister and i were beached out. Got back in the car drove down to Ron Jons and bought stuff. Fell asleep on the ride back home. Even thought I used my sun screen I still burned-BAD. My legs were SO red and my shoulders looked quite the tone of a fire engine. But never fear I was not the most burned. My dad's back was burned to I think 2nd degree because he blistered and wow he was red. Again napped and hmm what did we do that night. Maybe nothing I can't remember.

Monday we went to Epcot. Once again it was EMH. We were on a role this trip. At 9 we ran over to Soarin and fast passes were for 11-12 or so it said. When they printed they came up as 1:15-2:15. Oh well. We went on Mission Space (same day the boy died I believe :() walked around WS for awhile and ended up at Restaurant Arrkeshus and 1 for PS. My dad really wanted the food while my sister enjoyed the princesses. I had the pasta which was ok but I could have prefered chicken or something. Oh well. They were running behind and we weren't seated til 1:20. Forget the FPs. We didn't get out of there til 2:30. May I say that those deserts were tasty though! After we went home swam and napped. (see the trend). Went to MGM that night. Here's a hint don't go on RnRc with burned soulders. It was a VERY painful experience. Saw LMA and it was good. Too much time inbetween scenes I thought. Left and saw a pretty funny thing. The park closed at 9 and we were leaving and heading off the tram. As we're getting off the tram I believe it was aroun 9:05 this family is walking up to board the tram and the guy that does the talking goes "folks you do realize the park is officially closed." I just couldn't help it and burst out laughing. I don't really know why I found that so funny but wow I was dying. The little boy was crying and all I could do was laugh. But really who shows up at a park at 9? Moving on...

Tuesday we went to AK even though we hadn't planned on going there this trip. Saw Lion King for the first time since '01. I loved it once again. We went to the first show and there were very few people in there. Headed over to Dinoland after that. Rode Primeval Whirl which had about a 10 minute wait. Again not a good thing to do with sunburn. My mom was admint about seeing Lucky so we waited around for him. She found him cool and I was just like lets go. We had gotten FPs earlier and used them. Once again not the best ride with sunburn. At this point everyone was kind of hurting and again we decided to go back swim and nap. That night we had PS at Boma. It was the first time we have ever been in a Disney Resort besides Grand Californian. Omg I loved that resort. I would stay there in a heartbeat. The dinner was really nice. I loved the chicken and couscous. The desserts were heavenly. The pineapple cheesecake and zebra domes. I really shouldn't have had too much before then. After we walked around and looked out on the savannahs. We had a great time and also found that if you're staying on 192 East then its easier to take Sherberth Road then to actually continue down 192 to the WDW signs. Great night ended up with mini golf at WinterSummerland. My sister won. It just wasn't my game.

Wednesday we went to IOA. Pretty much did the whole park. Finally got my sister and mom on Hulk. They loved it. I knew they would. I would just like to say that I got SO soaked on Popeye. OMG I don't think I've ever gotten that wet on a ride. It was fun nevertheless though. We ate at Margartiville. Cheeseburger in Paradise. Again we went back swam and napped. That night we went out to see what was on I-drive. Ended up at Belz outlets. Got a shirt and some other stuff at the Disney Warehouse. The HRC had so much stuff for cheap but there was only one person working there and these people infront of us decided to buy the entire store. I'm serious they had so much stuff I'm sure they were going to resell it. It was kind of late when we got there and ended up back home around 10.

Thursday was our last full day. We started at Epcot and went on Soarin. That was it. Had some bakery at Fountain View. Yummy chocolate croissant. Then we headed over to MGM. Went to WWtbaM once again though no one got on this time. Studio Catering now has some interesting foods. It was pretty good though. Different. Saw LMA again because the first time the parents didn't go with. Too hot, too many people, too much of the same. Headed over to RnRc where we had FPs. Then we headed home to relax for an hour and a half because it was SO hot outside. I believe it was around 96. Headed out to MK for the night. Saw the flag retreat for the first time. It was nice. Had dinner at Cindy's castle. I love that place. The white chocolate slipper dessert was amazing. I can't believe I ate the entire thing. Headed out and rode Buzz then HM and well now that I think about it that was all. We weren't into that many rides this trip. Found a place for Wishes and went to go see what the line was SM it was 30 minutes and well it was too close to risk so we ended up on Buzz. It stopped towards the beginning of the ride and the lights came on and these like stakes came up which were walkways. pretty cool. My sister ended up with 999,999 while we were stopped. I'll never hear the end of it. Rode TTA and then went to where 20k used to be to watch Wishes. It was a good spot and NO crowds. We were basically in the middle of the fireworks seeing as some went off infront of us and some behind. Ended up getting out of MK really late.

Got up Friday and packed. Were out of the house by 10 and headed to Universal. Decided on the Studios since we weren't in the mood to get wet. Both parents got asked to do surveys so my sister and I went on Mummy twice. They both ended up with 15 universal dollars for it so it was worth it. Went on MIB. They wouldn't let my mom on with her small bag when shes been on it with her bag around 100 times no joke. She flipped and wouldn't go on. We went on Single Riders. Went to eat at Mel's. Our meal was only $7 because of the $30 in money from the surveys. As we were walking out it started to pour. Now as we all know being on a plane wet is not a fun thing so we ducked for cover and then ran to valet. We still ended up soaked. Got to the airport and our plane was delayed 40 minutes or so. We ended up in Chicago only 20 minutes late.

We had a great trip and I can't wait for the next probably November. Hopefully that wasn't too boring and provided some insight into something!

snoopi_grl

Looks like you guys had a great time! The weather is a problem...i hope it doesnt get stormy in August when i go there.
By the way, was Space Mountain closed the WHOLE time?? :mad:
Was it just a technical difficulties kinda thing?

mandib

Original Poster
I think it was just little things, but we just were unlucky with trying to get on. It wasn't a big thing since I've been on it so many times. Hope the weathers nice when you go. Though its funny when it starts raining and everyone runs and thinks they're going to melt. :)

snoopi_grl

mandib said:
I think it was just little things, but we just were unlucky with trying to get on. It wasn't a big thing since I've been on it so many times. Hope the weathers nice when you go. Though its funny when it starts raining and everyone runs and thinks they're going to melt. :)
Haha, that's funny everybody running... lol
I'll just cross my fingers and hope that Space Mountain will be open when I go. It's like one of my top 5 favorite rides at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom