Trip Report

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Ok guys, I just got back from a terrific trip to WDW. I left the 18th, and got back yesterday, the 24th. Here is everything I noticed, and a few comments along the way.

19th--Disney MGM Studios:
Our first day in the parks, and what a way to start. First let me say that the sorceror mickey hat is fantastic. Yes, it completely coveres the theater, but just being under it, looking up is such a sight. Especially at night, it just glows. One of our first stops was the shop under the hat, where we purchased the magical moments pins. They are so cool. I love how there are different patterns of lights, and how they just happen to start at random times. These included fantasmic, assorted rides like Peter Pan and Test Track, and even once while riding the trams.
Another thing I noticed was the paper products. I know that sounds lame but they obviously had new napkins, cups, plates, etc, all with 100 yom logos. They looked nice. A refreshing change.
This was the day we saw the Stars and Motor Cars Parade. It was a very nice parade. Some of the cars were very original, the Toy Story float was my personal favorite. They had characters from hollywood boulevard narrating it. That was interesting. We chose to see fantasmic this night. Nothing new there. There still wasn't a preshow, haven't seen one for about a year--maybe it's just bad timing.

20th--Animal Kingdom:
Not much going on here except the parade and Dinorama. Dinorama was pretty barren actually. I took some pictures, but they're outdated now. When I was there, a queue line area was starting to form, and a second track was in it's beginnings. Triceratops spin was fun. I like the fact that the music they play is old stuff from the past 40 or 50 years. The parade was a good one. The only bad part was that it was kinda late in the day, we were running out of things to do. Overall it was good though. The drum floats were my favorites, the character floats were good too. The dancers in the streets I could have done without.

21st--EPCOT:
The park opened unusuably late. We didn't realize the time, so we ended up waiting in our car outside of the parking gate. The parking lot opened at 9:00, and we got there around 8:15. Then the park opened at about 10:00. One interesting note, in Test Track, they installed quards at the end of each line. I don't know what they're called, gates that swing open when you can get into your car. They've always had them at RnR Coaster, but know they're at Test Track too. I noticed as well as Grizzly Hall that the arch wasn't present at Mexico. Candlelight Prcessional was good. Gary Sinise was great. I also noticed the banner at JIYI. I snapped a photo, if anyone's interested. Illuminations was terrific as always.

22nd--Magic Kingdom:
Not much to report here. I didn't get a chance to see the Share a Dream Come True Parade. The christmas parade was what they did instead. I was hoping they would have a night showing but they didn't. That was pretty dissapointing, since I had seen the chirstmas parade last year. Small World also had the line gates installed like Test Track. The new portion of the Emporium looked great. I bought a pin that had "Grand Reopening 2001" on it to mark the occasion.

23rd--Disney MGM Studios:
Back to my favorite park. This time, we got there early. Upon rope drop, we went back to Millionaire for fast passes for the second show. Then it was on to One Man's Dream. This was incredible. The exhibits were great. Many models and audio. It was great. The 15 minute movie at the end was very moving. The whole thing was very well done. Then we were back to Millionaire. An interesting note, the opening movie with the Regis remote was redone, and put into place. This one is much better. Regis wasn't as obvious at his cue card reading. Just a bragging moment here. My 12 year old brother actually got into the hot seat. After two questions the lady that was continuing walked away, and Jason was at the top of the list. He got up to 16,000 and walked away at the 32,000 point question. The pins and the hat were nice prizes. A new item, the Stars and Motor Cars Parade started a brand new route that day that included New York Street. I was on the backlot tour during the parade and just happened to pass it while it was going. In my opinion it makes the parade very long. I don't know how the performers do it. As a second MGM day, we saw the Osborne Spectacle of Lights. The lighting show was cute. The light were very similar to last year. A few changes were there. One thing I noticed that I didn't last year was that there was merchandise with the spectacle of lights logo on it.

Just as miscellaneous things, American Vybe has a CD out that I bought, it's very nice. I also got the parade music CD, haven't listened to that yet. Also, I'd like to say that the banners they put up on the lamp posts and things are very cool. 100 yom is my favorite celebration yet. I have pictures of lots of the things I mentioned. If anyone wants to see them, just say the word, and I can get them up here. Overall, I took about 250 digital pictures (I got a new digital camera as an early christmas present). I think that's about all. If I think of anything else, I'll post. Hope that was comprehensive enough!

Maria

Thank you! It was comprehensive enough.....at least for me! :animwink:

I´m glad they didn´t put the arch in Mexico this year! It looked terrible IMHO.... It was sooo non Xmas! They should put more poinsettias there as they are mexican!! But I saw what they did for the storytellers and looked nice... :)

ToTBellHop

I'm glad you enjoyed the 100 Years of Magic Celebration so much! I'm so psyched to see it all myself! 51 days! (till I get my Cornell Admissions Decision AND till I go to Disney!)
Kyle

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Re: Re: Trip Report

Originally posted by Mattore

If you could post it in the photo section, that would be great!

It's up there! Sorry it took so long. Just got back from KY today. Hope you like it!

Towncrier

The opening segment with Regis in the WWTBAM-PI attraction actually changed during the last week of July 2001. My wife dragged me into the attraction about a dozen times and we were surprised when the opening changed.

When Regis taped WWTBAM in December, I had tickets and was in the audience for the 2nd show (that aired last night). I was able to find myself in the crowd when I reviewed the videotape of the show that I made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom