Trip Report to the MK 2/15/2003

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
Well I went to the Magic Kingdom yesterday, and I had a blast. First news is that Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin was open and the line waswrapped around the outside of the building, and this was at 8:00 at night. I don't know if anyone else noticed but the cushions on the Jungle Cruise boat are now gone. And the boat driver still makes a joke that if you didn't like the ride that he is so and so at The Diamond Horseshoe Revue. So I raised my hand and said, "But the Diamond Horseshoe revue is closed" so he got a little ed at that. And I gode the TTA and at the area before you go into Space Mountain where it used to say Fed Ex, it now says A Journey Through Time and Space (I think). I guess thats about it.

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
BTMR 35 Minutes
POTC 40 Minutes
Buzz 35 minutes
Alien Encounter 15 minutes
TTA 5 minutes
Barnstormer 10 minutes
Space Mountain 35 minutes
Jungle Cruise 25 minutes
IASW 10 minutes
Pooh 40 minutes
Peter pan 1 hour
Snow White 20 minutes

I cant remember any more

KathyG/poohbear

I have been told by CM to avoid President's weekend and Daytona 500 weekend like the plague. They say lines are really bad. This weekend was both so it figures that lines were bad.

Dizneydude87

Lol. Yeah, I was there yetsterday too, and the crowds were really bad.

R'N'R... 45
TOT...60
Space Mountain...60
Spl Mn...75
Haunted Mansion...30
Peter Pan...1 hr
IASW...45
Buzz...60
TTA...walk on
Tikki Room... open
Raft to Tom Sayer Island...5
Thunder Mn... 60
Pirates...40
Magic Carpets of Alladin... 45

(Those are the times that I saw, but of couse, it's always changing...let's just say it was crowded)

Onething I did notice, was at about 8:40 p.m the FP line for Space Mountain was backed way out of Space Mountian and roped when the standby line was backed maybe 50 feet out of the building. What does Disney do when this happens?

Grumpy56

Thanks, turbogames, it goes to show what a difference a couple of weeks makes. The longest line I saw when I was there was 20 min on TT!

KathyG/poohbear

Yes, when I was there 2/5 -2/9 the longest wait I saw was 20 minutes for TOT and it was only really about 12 minutes if you stood in the line. There was no lines....during that time...maybe 5 minutes for SM. We did not use Fastpass even one time.

Another really quiet time to go is the middle of Sept. I went last 9/10-14 and it was dead then too.

Yellow Shoes

I hope so too, Superman.

But conventional wisdom is that week is the peak of Spring Break season. (it is our spring break here)

Good luck.

Be smart with Fast Passes

Remember to pack your sense of humor.

jazzylsu

ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO

Will Be leaving in 10 days. I hope the lines will not be too long at this time. We have gone around this time before and it has been quite nice. Except last year. People who had reservations around 9/11 rescheduled at this time and the park was not ready. Did not have enough people working. It was a nightmare.

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
My family scheduled our vacation beggining on 9/13 in 2001, and luckily we only live 2 hours away that we can drive. So we were able to to go, and have the park to ourselves, and about 100 other people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom