Trip report: June 23 -July 2

Got back late last night after an hour delay of our flight (of course it had to rain like cats and dogs the day we left :rolleyes: ).

The trip was pretty good overall. We stayed at the Grand Floridian, which our room had a good view of the wedding pavilion and the Polynesian. Went to the pool just about every day (some days twice). I was surprised they updated the arcade for once. They seemed to have that Daytona USA racing game for quite some time (no complaints). We met up with a couple families we knew of back home.

IMO, the crowds were pretty light compared to other years we have been to WDW at this time. Glad that a couple attractions were open this time around (CoP, TK) since they were closed last year when we attended. WoL was surprisingly still closed. I figured it would open since this is normally a busy season for the parks. Other than that, we just about rode everything in all the parks twice. Did the E-Nights at MK on the 25th. The CM's rarely checked if you had the wristband. It was nice to try it out, but I'd never do it again (I was WAY too tired the following day). I finally got into some of the pin trading things. I'm not very big into it still, but there are a nice selection of pins that I liked throughout the parks. We were able to find one graduate pin that I was looking for around the park (a create your own pin). It was for 2003 when I am a 2004 graduate so we snipped that off. Even the person who engraves the name on the pins said he had never seen them. Ate at several of the good restaurants (Royal Table, Tony's, Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Sci-Fi, California Grill). The Royal Table probably has the best pork chops I have ever tasted. Really not much complaining from any of those restaurants other than the high prices :p . I found this interesting that I hadn't noticed from previous years: There was a large amount of Spanish speaking parties attending the parks. I don't have a problem with that, but when the people continue to talk when a movie is showing, or a CM is telling everyone to remain seated and they stand up gets on my nerves.

Now my reviews of the new rides for this year:
Mission: Space was okay. The lines were not horrible as the longest wait we saw for the stand-by line was 25 min. They seem to overemphasize all the warnings throughout the ride (I understand the reason they do this, but then I think why not make it something the family doesn't have to worry about precautions?)

Mickey's Philharmagic was an excellent show. A nice addition to Fantasyland.

We took a day out of our vacation to attend Universal Studios as well. The Revenge of the Mummy ride was pretty decent.

I'll add more to this as I think of it. Again, it was a long trip. Ask any questions if you wish.

AEfx

maxime29 said:
Mission: Space was okay. The lines were not horrible as the longest wait we saw for the stand-by line was 25 min. They seem to overemphasize all the warnings throughout the ride (I understand the reason they do this, but then I think why not make it something the family doesn't have to worry about precautions?)

How well did you tolerate M:S? I'm a thrill-seeker - I love things like roller coasters and even rides like ToT - however I really don't like spinning rides (like Tilt-a-Whirls). I hear from some people that they can't "feel" the spinning, and from others that they can - of course I'll have to make my own judgement after experiencing the ride, but I am very curious as to what others have found.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

AEfx

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
How well did you tolerate M:S? I'm a thrill-seeker - I love things like roller coasters and even rides like ToT - however I really don't like spinning rides (like Tilt-a-Whirls). I hear from some people that they can't "feel" the spinning, and from others that they can - of course I'll have to make my own judgement after experiencing the ride, but I am very curious as to what others have found.

I would say you will like the ride. You really don't feel the spinning at all (at least I don't). The only times you feel a lot of G's is during takeoff, landing, and lunar orbit. It is a hard feeling to describe, but it was pretty tolerable for me. Heck, I ate 10 minutes before riding, and I was fine (just don't try that since it doesn't work with everyone :)). My mom and dad couldn't ride it though. My mom is claustraphobic; I didn't want to risk having her go on a ride that she wouldn't enjoy. My dad would have gotten motion sickness on it possibly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom