trip report june 21-28

First off I want to say thank you to all the posters whos articles i have read for the past year......but now about my trip.

Ok first thing i'll mention is the heat, I'm not used to it and it was HOTTTT!!!! :fork: .You could feel your skin cook. If you go down there bring lots of lotion.I felt really bad for children in strollers, because some of them were wrapped in blankets, very bad.

Wait times:

Magic Kingdom, in a word insane. Waits for everything.space was always 50 min. Splash was up to 90 min at times. Did e-ride monday and wednesday and did all the rides with no wait at all. If you go down do the e-ride. To show how busy and hot it was even Pirates had a 45 min wait.

Mgm, waits were not that bad, except on tuesday. If you go and get a fast pass for tot or RNR and do another ride, (like millionare..AC works well!!!), in the time to wait for the fastpass, you should be ok. Speaking of millionare I did get in the hot seat but got the 32,000 question wrong, trusted the audience :( , also saw a nine month old get in the hot seat. Yes 9 months old, i would not believe it myself but i saw it. The father answered the questions, and insted of a hat they gave the little girl a mickey beanie baby. I also figured out the way to ALWAYS get into the hotseat. If enough people ask I may reveal....... :king: .

Epcot, with the exeception of test track all the other rides were manageable.on saturday walked on mission space at around 6pm, not once but twice. My thoughts on Mission space? Its good, but not great, and i hate to say it but The Mummy and Spider-man at Universal blow it away, but more on that later.....

Animal Kingdom, only went to ride Dinosaur and Kali.Dino is one of my favorites and Kali was alot shorter than i remember.

We stayed at all-star sports, and after this trip, will never stay there again. They were doing construction early in the morining and waking me up all the time, when you do e-ride until 2am you want some sleep. Check in was horrible, waited an hour to check in, i dont know if thats normal, i never waited that long before, then the cm didnt know how to do her job when we got to check out, and i had to deal with 2 different people because i wanted to leave early. I will admit the person who did help me check out was outstanding, old style disney customer service, too bad i cant remember her name....but all in all, the vaunted customer service wasnt there, lots of grumbling, nasty faces, and poor attitudes, at the parks and especially at all star sports. But there were also the Disney superstar cm's too, but not like there used to be.

Resturants.
Boma, Great food, if you eat at one place eat there!!! :slurp:
Nine Dragons, great food.
Biergertian, Good food.
We ate at the tempura place in japan and the food was outstanding.
Hollywood and Vine, the food was horrible, just plain slop. a waste of $55.00 :hurl: .
1900 park fare, decent food, horrible service. Waited for 10 min just to get my credit card back. Waitress only got a $4.00 tip on a $60.00 bill. I pay for service, sorry :snore:
Fultons Crab House, very expensive, but very, very good.

And also on this trip i went to Universal, and i hate to say it there rides blow away anything at Disney. Dont get me wrong, Disney world is where i will always go on vacation, it is magical, a getaway from the real world, but Universals rides are awesome. If you have never been there you must do The Mummy, Spiderman(the best ride anywhere!!!), The Hulk, and Men in Black. I could do just those 4 rides and be happy all day. Now the things i dont like about Universal. The food was horrible. We ate at the place in jurassic park and it was horrible.it smelled good, but tasted bad. Also saw two women get into a shouting match, swearing on the top of there lungs in front of children and workers who did nothing.Also there is way too much walking, from the parking lot to the parks. No trams. Universal has that theme park feeling, if that makes sense, not like disney.

In conclusion, i had a wonderful time and will be going back in december. Oh almost forgot, on the wednesday e-ride, all the animatroincs on Slpash Moutain were working, yes even the hopping brier rabbit!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom