Trip Report July 26-August 4 (pre, during, and post)

I've been a lurker here on WDWMagic for a few years. Just over a year ago, while at WDW, I decided to become a member and only just recently have really started doing any posting, so, here it is....my first trip report.

We are over-the-top planners and tomorrow I will share our plans with everyone. In terms of the general lay of the land. I have been going to WDW since 1976, when my Aunt lived in Orlando and we visited at Xmas each year of my youth. Upon college graduation, I started going again and have visited almost once a year on average for the past 15 years. All except a couple of trips have been during peak and holiday seasons. In fact, with our last trip being from Xmas to New Years, this summer the crowds will seem light to us! (I think we are really quite jaded about crowds - on Dec. 27, we left MK at noon and felt like it was still not too crowded when we left only to see at the parking lot entrance that they were closed due to capacity).

Here's us at Xmas time in DHS:

We invested in DVC just a couple years ago (OKW through resale). This will be the first time our daughter has stayed anywhere by OKW as we are doing a split trip - Boardwalk Villas and AKL Jambo House. This is also the first time we have gotten the Dining Plan with our daughter (did it as a couple once and liked the convenience, we know we aren't saving money).

Tomorrow the detailed plans so we can eventually compare plan to reality.

DAKOTADISNEY

Can hardly wait to see your pictures, especially of your daughter and Drisella. What color dress was she in? As our screen saver we have a picture of our two daughters with the step-sisters and step-mother. Everyone that sees it laughs because Anastasia and Drisella have such great facial expressions. My girls loved interacting with them and felt that was one of the highlights of our trip (and they are 15 and 10!).

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, here are some summary thoughts on the week plus that we were down there and one picture to whet your appetite.

Thoughts:
- We have done quite a few summers as well as this past Xmas and New Year's and a couple Easters and the morning EMH this visit were by far the busiest ever. Even at Xmas, we could do at least 3 or 4 rides in Fantasyland before the lines got long. This visit - 1 ride with no line, then at least a 10-15 minute wait for the second ride and 25+ by the third ride. I guess the world is becoming more of early risers than they used to be.

- Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table is awesome. It was like living inside Iron Chef for a few hours and getting to sample everything. The employees were all awesome and while the price tag was high, it is something we will remember always. I'm looking forward to creating a meal report in the Restaurant section next week

- It was just too darn hot in Lake Buena Vista this week. Ouch. Far and away our hottest visit ever. Daily highs in the mid-90s with humidity to make the heat index well over 100 every day. 2 showers a day was essential. Should've brought more clothes. Maybe I should consider a career change so I can take vacation during the school year??

- Most of our attraction experiences were excellent. Please don't think I am being down on park upkeep, but here were the issues we saw - both times on Big Thunder there were NO boulders moving on the hill, MuppetVision looks awesome but no water spray for the flower gag and no smoke for the peeling tires, don't like the 13th floor of Tower of Terror update, really like the Toy Story 3 overlay on TSMM - hope they continue to change that over time

- we are really going to miss the old Star Tours. Been riding and loving it for years. DD is only interested in the Star Wars movies right after a visit to that ride!

- DDP. Okay, I know everybody loves to argue the value of the DDP. We get the standard plan for convenience. The meals we do each visit are what we would do plan or no plan. So, that being said - the cost of our DDP for 8 nights was about $770. Our reciepts for those meals tallyed $1040. Since most of our Table Service are character meals and we tend to stretch our Counter Service it is worth it for us. Your results may vary.

- we did not visit the Rose and Crown this trip. Might have to plan a trip this Fall or Winter to remedy the situation. This is a crisis. We all love R&C. I love to talk football (soccer) with the staff. They have good beers on tap. DW talks shop with the bartenders. DD enjoys the down time in a familiar setting (bar, familiar? well, her mother is a bartender/manager of a bar/restaurant).

OK, here it is, as promised. The first picture from the trip. More to come, but sorting through the 1100+ pictures has taken longer than planned. (I did have to work yesterday and catch up around the house today)

picture.php

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here are Drizella and Anastasia in the parade making a huge deal out of DDs dress. (yes, I'm putting of doing some work by taking the time to load more pictures!)

picture.php

WishIWasAtWDW

GREAT trip report! and that picture is ADORABLE! love it! thanks so much for sharing your trip report! i can't wait to see more pictures!

SaskDisneyGirl

I agree, your little girl is adorable!! That picture is priceless, your wife is very talented to be able to sew an outfit like that!!:sohappy::sohappy:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the delay getting pictures up - between work and some internet troubles at home, just haven't had the time. This weekend, I promise!!

toetheline29

Just read the whole trip report. It sounds like everyone had a fantastic time!!! And your daughter with Drizella was just flat out adorable. I'm sure that's a memory that she will always remember about this trip. Thanks for sharing your trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom