trip report july 12-15

tiggerlover1971

hi everyone just got back last night here is my report:

July 12: we started out at 4:30 pm right after everyone got home from work it usally takes us about 3hrs to get there but it took us about five and ahalf we got on the turnpike at 500 it was going great until we hit stuart there was a traffic jam from hell we were stuck and not moving in it for about an 1 1/2 hours it was horrible because of course i needed the bathroom the whole time well we finally got up to disney about 10 pm mind you we didnt eat because we thought we would get there early enough to eat we checked in at por and ate at the food court the only side that was open was the pasta pizza side my husband and I had the spagetti and meatballs they were ok not the best My mom and sister had chicken parm they said it was passable by that time it was late and we just went back to the hotel room

July13 woke up and it was sunny went to the Animal Kingdom rented my mom the motorized wheelchair (she can not walk very well) she cant drive very well either she was our comic relif the whole trip watching her with it (my husband had to get it through tight corners we went to kilimajaro safari first got to see lots of animals this time more than usual were out .They usally have people from africa working it but i noticed our guides were from the good old usa well then we were heading towards dinoland to do primevil whirl for the first time and the lion king show was starting so we went to that first since my mom has never seen it it got dark and then it rained and rained the rest of the day i went to the pin cart my sister forgot the umbrella for her she used mine i got soaked while i was at the pin cart my husband bought me the mickey umbrella with the ears SO CUTE used it the rest of the day decided not to do the kail river rapids tried to do dinosaur but too long of a wait (mom wouldnt go on it and would have to wait outside with the rain went to primevil whirl got right on it (without mom ) hated it I am afraid of heights and with the spinning i thought i was going over the edge. we decided to go to epcot (we love to park hop)on the way out did Its tough to be a bug we thought the effects got stronger . Went to epcot did a couple of rides except test track it was still raining so we didnt think it would be running anyway if fact didnt even go on that side
went on figment it was so cute much better than the second version not as good as the origional . On some suggestions from here we tried mexicos restaurant for lunch loved the food waitress stunk she was so bad we had to ask for refills for drinks and when we finished we had to wait and asked for a dessert menu and she disapeared for 20 mins and when we saw her she came out of the kitchen looking like she was laughing and fooling around with everyone in the kitchen then she didnt even acknowlege us and went right back in the kitchen i went to the hostess complained to her didnt get dessert and left her a 3dollar tip she was so bad. My mom was so tired after that it was about 400 so we just went back to the hotel and relaxed till 9:00 then we went to downtown disney and shopped went back to the hotel and crashed

July 14: we finished up epcot did test track and figment again then went to Magic kingdom very packed went to caseys corner hotdogs for lunch rained for 10 minutes and sunny the whole rest of the day my husband said casey hotdogs were the best he has had after that i wanted to try dole whip for the first time (in all the years i have gone never even new about it ) tried the pinapple float oh my god guys and gals you were so right about it it was so good i got the vanilla pinapple swirl in it it was like a creamsickle with pinapple it was so crowded that the only thing here that we went on was carosel of progress ( my favorite) we decided to go back to the hotel and rest because my mom got tired and we also had to drive epcot because my mom cannot walk the long walk from the buses to epcot they let us take a wheelchair from magic kingdom to epcot on the monarail because of this when we got off the monorail at epcot we took her to the car in it and walked it back to the gate we were up front in the handicap parking at least After we rested we went to the Animal kingdom lodge and ate at bomas i dont think my mom was too happy with the food my husband sister and i loved it the fufu was great and mulligawany soup and the zebra domes where great had a fun waiter he kept joking that he stood and cooked the food all day and he kept refilling our drinks even before they were finished.we saw the animals they were so close up they were beautiful.We are going back in sept and staying there at that time

july15: went to mgm did everything we wanted to do except they didnt have beauty and the beast running and didnt see any other show it was also very crowded and didnt rain at all when we were there went for a late lunch at 50s prime time cafe It wasnt as good as it usally is food wise but waitress was great

I recommend that florida resident look into getting the dining experience card I got it cost 55 dollars with the disney card It paid for itself we used it everymorning at the food court and dinner friday night You get 20 percent off you meals up to six people in your party and It is also for the restaurants in world showcase and MGMs restaurants like the 50S prime time cafe we saved a bundle

sorry it was so long i thing i remembered everything

2much2do

Sounds pretty great! Glad you had a good time.
Please tell me more about the dining experience card. We are annual passholders and DC members. We get some food discounts already. 20% at all Epcot and DTD places at lunchtime. There are a few others I don't remember right now. What discounts does the dining experience card give you? Is it only at lunch? What about character meals? we are moving down in two weeks, and I wanna know as much before I go. Thanks:)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Glad you had a good time - I'm glad you liked Imagination and Figment, too! I HATED the last version of it, so I am anxiously looking forward to getting down there in August and seeing the new one!

Thanks for your report.:)

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
i think i forgot to tell everyone we were not so happy with por this time we got stuck in the way back and because my mom could not walk we drove every morning to the front for breakfast and the first day we only used the buses because my mom had a problem with getting on and off the buses.

2MUCH2DO there are alot of restaurants on the dining experience card too many to write I know cinderellas royal table is on it that is one of the character breakfasts it looks like all the hotel food courts and regular restaurants are on it here is the number to ask if a certain one is on it and you also get a list when they send you your card 1407-566-5858 option three
pm me if you want to know of a certain restaurant or email me at tiglov@aol.com

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
I forgot to add something to the report I tricked my mom and sister when we went to epcot we went to the cool station and i made them try the sodas I didnt tell them about beverly and it was hysterical to see their faces when they tried it they said they wanted to puke:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom