Trip Report Days 5+6

Day 5 (Tues) - We started the day with Magic Kingdom at 9:30. Headed right over to Splash Mountain, and were thrilled to see 0 minutes posted for stand-by time. We rode Splash 3 times. DS8 would have done it again, but my wife and I were wet enough. DS15 and DS14 wanted to ride Space one more time, and DS8 wanted to ride Buzz. We all headed over to Tommorrow Land. After that, we returned to the Poly for a quick lunch and swim, and then decided we would do MGM once more. The kids were interested in R+R Coaster and HTH. It was 3:00 by the time we got over there, and stand-by was only 10 minutes, for both. MGM was the Early Entry that day, so I'm sure most of that crowd had left the park by that time. We then returned to the hotel, around 5:00ish, for the concierge evening service. Chef ________ prepared chicken and beef, along with the usual cheese, crackers, veggies, and fruit.

At 6:15, we decided to go back to Magic Kingdom one last time, to at least see the Wishes Spectacular fireworks. We got over there at 6:30, right in front of the castle, and decided to get one more ride in before we left. DS15 and DS14 did Space, and DS8, wife and I went to Buzz. I told DS8 that this would be his last ride, since we were leaving early the next morning, so make it a good one. He ended up getting the highest score that you can - 999,999 - he was so excited. **tip - when you enter the first room, hit the targets on the robots arm, they are worth 100,000 points.
We made are way back towards the caastle, and got as close to it as we could. Within minutes the show started.

After the show, we made our way down Main St., stopped for ice creams, and then got on the 4th ferry boat back to the Poly. We all walked aroung the hotel, did some last minute shopping, and watched the Electric Water Parade at 9:00. The kids went back to the room, and wife and I went to the Tambu Lounge for a drink. We returned to the room at 10:00, and started packing. I smoked a cigar on the balcony, and we were all in bed by 11:00 pm.

Day 6 - Breakfast in the lounge, and checked out at 8:55. Our ride was waiting for us in front of the GCH. We took some last minute pictures of the kids in front of the GCH.
It was very difficult to leave. The forecast was for sunny skies and 85 degrees.

Comments - The Polynesian is still my favorite place to stay - anywhere. I can't wait to return, and it may not be until 2005. I don't know what it is, the sounds, sights, and smell of the resort - I am hooked. The staff has always been helpful to us. Chef ________ remembered DS8, from our last trip (5/02). I told him that I got all of my info from Tikimans web site. He said that he was still unable to find the site, he was not very good with computers.

Fresh paint and new carpet was all that I noticed in the Hawaii building. Phil at the front desk was great. The food in the lounge was about the same, but I didn't see any sandwiches at lunch during this trip.

Feel free to ask any questions. This is my first trip report, hopefully I'll have the opportunity to write another in 2005, if not sooner.

11/03 Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge

stevedis

Original Poster
The carpet was new, and it looked as if the wallpaper was also. The room was not cool enough for me. We called maintenance once to adjust the AC. He disabled the "auto" control, to allow me to adjust the temp, but it didn't seem to work. I believe that this was one of the main components of the building that was to be rehabbed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom