Trip Report (and helpful hint at end)

OK i just got back from a frustrating weekend at wdw.

Day 0 We left on friday evening for wdw. we had reservations for "the courtyard in disney" which online says is on property. well it turns out its acroos the highway and up the street. eerrrrrrr... so that night we got our room at like 9 and went to dtd. WOW i have honestly never seen so many ppl there in my life. so we went for a lil while and then left. didnt buy a thing

Day 1 Saturday- we go to Typhoon Lagoon expecting tremendous crowds...... nope. not more than a 10 minute line for crush and gusher and the family raft ride. and no lines at all for anythin else. so we went and had dinner at an off property japanese place. and went to winter/summerland minigolf and played a round. (my dad beat me by 1 stroke)

Day 2 Sunday- went to MGM, HUGE mistake. the lines were terrible, the line for almost every restaurant had a line longer than splash mountain. and star tours had a 30 minute wait. but we did manage to see LMA, that is a great attraction. sure to become a favorite. and then we bout some pins, and left. guess where we went for lunch. DTD, we went to PH for lunch, and get this... no wait. so we ate and then we did a lil shopping. i bought enough legos to build a full size lightsaber from it. and i did but it fell apart so i have to rebuild it. but then we went and saw madagascar at p.i. and headed back to the room.

Day 3- last day (memorial Day) ok well our point of the day was to go to the Disney vacation club preview center at saratoga springs, which we had visited a year earlier. and just by chance we got the same dude again Scot, the manager kinda dude to try and sell it to us AGAIn. but this time.................... we bought..... Yippee. we got 270 points a year. so i now get to go to the nice rooms at disney instead of the courtyard and hilton.... YAY.. and then we went BACK to dtd to Virgin records. and then went off property to the outlets and did more shopping and ran into an old friend by luck. then went home

Helpful hint- when u preview the vacation club they give you a fast pass that works for 48 hours from when they give it to u. this special fast pass gives u an automatic fast pass that lets u enter the ride immediatly, instead of waitin. and if u buy they give you a meal ticket for lunch (u have to go at a certain time) which works at select locations all around wdw. but the fast pass is sooooo.. worth it. and we actually didnt take it. we have to go by on our next trip and pick them up to use them. Ok but dont tell Scot i told u this.... :zipit: :zipit: ok good.

The end

Disney13Scott

Thanks for the report. I am interested in checking out the Disney Vacation Club thing -- where do you go for that? How long is the presentation and how many of those fastpass things do you get? Thanks in advance for your help -- any and all info would be great!

JungTrekAsia

you mentioned 270 points or whatever - whats the deal with that- ive always wanted to look into the vacation club more - anyone care to give some info - sorry for not searching - im sure its been posted about before

CAPTAIN HOOK

JungTrekAsia said:
you mentioned 270 points or whatever - whats the deal with that- ive always wanted to look into the vacation club more - anyone care to give some info - sorry for not searching - im sure its been posted about before
Very basically - DVC is similar to a timeshare. You purchase into the scheme for several thousand dollars, then each year you buy a set number of points - the yearly subscription is based upon your initial outlay. The points which you accumulate are then used to finance your stay at a DVC property. After several years tou will break even and the hoildays are then cheaper than purchasing a Disney Holiday year after year.
I told you it was a basic explanation but I hope you get the idea

pilka214

Original Poster
ya basically wut captain hook said. you pay for a certain amount of points, and you use them to stay at pretty much any disney resort or vacation club. depending on where you stay and what kind of room you stay in it may cost more or less. boardwalk takes more points while wilderness lodge takes less. my family bout 270 points which costs 25,000 dollars. but over the course of 50 years it is worth it.

The preiview center is at Saratoga Springs but you must have a reservation. you can call or go to any one of the parks. there are multiple stands at each park. and if you are at a park, and dont mind leaving a little early they will send a van to pick you up and bring you to saratoga. and the average time the preview takes is about 2 hours. they go through a spiel, show you some of the different resorts around the world. (all disney resorts) and show you some of the rooms at saratoga. also ifyou use Interval (75$ a year) you can trade a few disney points into other resorts such as marriots. so ya it really is worth it if you can afford it.

Disney13Scott

pilka214 said:
Helpful hint- when u preview the vacation club they give you a fast pass that works for 48 hours from when they give it to u. this special fast pass gives u an automatic fast pass that lets u enter the ride immediatly, instead of waitin.

Thank you for all the info you provided in your follow-up posting, I just was hoping you could tell me how many of the 48 hour Fastpass Tickets they give you. We have 4 people in our party - thanks again!

pilka214

Original Poster
ya but if you have a few hours you were plannin to spend at the resort you can always cut it a little short. plus dvc is a great way to stay at wdw. the rooms are sooo much more upscale then at one of the hotels.

Yellow Shoes

tk421-sw said:
Ehh, if you have an AP it is. Well, depends.
If you have an AP and live in Bradenton, then 2 hours is no big deal.

If you live in Kansas, like I do, and can't just run to WDW on a whim, then it isn't worth it.

DisneyBride94

Yellow Shoes said:
Sorry, but 2 hours of my precious park time isn't worth lunch and a fast pass......

A 48 hour fast pass is worth it to me... if you stand in line for 30 minutes on just 4 rides that offer fastpass...then you've made up your park time (minus tranportation back and forth). It would be so worth it for us!!1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom