Trip Report 9/7 - 9/12

k9kris

This is a long read, so beware!!

My brand new wife and I had a wonderful time in WDW for our honeymoon. We stayed at Coronado Springs, which was not our original choice because of the rehab at Caribbean Beach. We flew straight out to Orlando immediately following the wedding. We had no problems checking in and flying out. It was as smooth as a baby’s bottom. We arrived at our hotel at about 12:00am after our scary shuttle transfer – the drive kept nodding off!! There was a convention going on at the time, so the only room we could get was a double. :( We later complained and got a king with a view. :)

The next day (Sunday) we got up late because of the late arrival and headed down to Maya Grill for breakfast about 10am. It was a mediocre spread, but we stuffed ourselves anyway. This was our Animal Kingdom day, so we caught a bus about 11:30am. Animal Kingdom was empty. We did, however, see a good fair amount of animals. The safari was fun with a great close up views of elephants and giraffes. We walked on every ride there and we did Dinosaur twice in a row! I actually liked Primeval Whirl. The tree of life was much more impressive in person and the bug show was too short. It was getting hot and we wanted to get out of there at about 3:30pm. We didn’t get to see Asia or the rapids, but we didn’t care at the time. My wife suggested to me that we get bride and groom pins to celebrate our marriage. We also hunted for bride and groom mouse ear hats, so we went to Downtown Disney for the Christmas shop and found them!! That night we ate dinner at the pepper market back at CS. All I can say is it was interesting. We crashed early that night from a whirlwind 24 hours!

We got up late again Monday for our MGM day. It didn’t really matter getting to the parks early this time of year. Donning our bride & groom hats we arrived at MGM and made a beeline to 50s Primetime Café for an early lunch. Auntie Claire took super care of us “kids”. After lunch we saw Indy, which was a lot of fun. My wife is a huge Kermit fan, so you can guess where we went next. I’m sorry, but Muppet Vision left a lot to be desired. The 3D didn’t always work for me, but Beaker was still funny and the animatronics were clever. My wife was dying to meet Kermit, so we actually waited for him to arrive. Miss Piggy tried to steal me away. Here’s the coolest part of our trip: with our bride & groom hats we received all-star treatment! They put us in front of a 30 minute wait at Star Tours and Great Movie Ride. They let us do Rockin’ Rollercoaster twice in a row. Everyone at the parks, CMs and guests, said “congratulations” to us. It made our honeymoon that much more special. :) I loved Tower of Terror (best at sunset!) and One Man’s Dream.

We ate dinner at Wolfgang Puck that night. The strange concoctions they came up with scared me. I didn’t like it too much, and it was way too expensive. We tried to squeeze in an hour at Disney Quest, but we waited forever for the stupid Virtual Space Mountain.

Another thing if you go this year, you must buy a Magical Moments pin! They are the most fun on key rides and shows! It’s a different light show each time. I think Tower of Terror had the best effect. It just blinked white rapidly like lightning.

Our Magic Kingdom day (Tuesday) was fun. We started out at Tony’s for a character lunch. My wife got to dance with Tigger, her favorite Disney character. We moved on to Adventureland for Aladdin (boring), PotC (not as good as Disneyland), BTMRR, and Splash Mountain (better than Disneyland). The Share a Dream Come True parade was a lot of fun. Mickey was the best all cheerful up inside the globe. We actually had to FastPass Peter Pan this time of year. The crane next the castle was not that bad. We didn’t get a chance to walk through the castle, something I wanted to do the whole trip. :( I really enjoyed Buzz Lightyear, I got a mid-level score! We once again used our newlywed magic at Space Mountain after our first FastPass trip. It was five minutes until closing and they felt sorry for us. That was very nice of them.

We told the host at Planet Hollywood to get us a good seat upstairs because we just got married. It worked, again! The meals were a little too weird for my tastes. The Comedy Club over in Pleasure Island was a blast. The funniest part was that they couldn’t curse, but they could serve alcohol. Hmm… Oh well, it was fun anyway.

Our last full day was Wednesday 9/11 and it was Epcot day. It was also a rainy day, but since most everything was indoors, it didn’t matter. I loved Spaceship Earth because you were totally immersed in the time periods of communication. Imagination was a fun way to waste a couple hours. We had lunch at San Angel and got a great seat near the water. It was a fun experience. I cannot believe that the boat ride is still running. That was the most ridiculous thing ever. All the different countries were amazing. We saw an amazing acrobatic show in China and American Adventure was perfect on that day since it was 9/11. We had a little more culture than we expected at dinner in Japan. We sat right next to a real Japanese couple in the Tepanyaki Dining Room. Our cook had to interpret for us! We stepped out of the restaurant just in time for Illuminations. It was perfect.

Our last day we tried to cram in a few more hours at MK and Epcot before leaving for the airport. At MK we actually got there at opening! We rode BTMRR twice in a row and SM twice, also. It is definitely a must to ride the Monorail, so we rode over to Epcot. We managed to get Test Track in and rode Body Wars.

It was a sad moment packing up and riding the bus out of WDW, but we’ll go back. I don’t know when we’ll go again, but we will definitely go back. I miss it already!

Overall, it was an amazing trip, but not enough time! Our next trip will be for a full week, about 8 nights. We’ll have to wear the bride & groom hats again just so we can get the all-star treatment!

I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I get them developed (6 rolls!).

k9kris

Original Poster
Originally posted by dreamer
I never heard of anyone being frightened by a meal before. What frightened you about the meal at Wolfgangs?

:lookaroun

I was overreacting to them. It was just an outlandish combination of flavors -- something I would have never thought of or even dared to try.

Upvote 0

k9kris

Original Poster
Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Congrats on the marriage! You mentioned rain one day. Overall, how was the weather?

Yeah, it rained all day that one day on our trip. It was also rather cool. The first day it poured in the afternoon for about 5 minutes, then it was dry the rest of the day. The other days were mostly cloudy, hot, and very humid (about 80-90%).

Upvote 0

Sherm00

Originally posted by k9kris
This is a long read, so beware!!

My brand new wife and I had a wonderful time in WDW for our honeymoon. We stayed at Coronado Springs, which was not our original choice because of the rehab at Caribbean Beach. We flew straight out to Orlando immediately following the wedding. We had no problems checking in and flying out. It was as smooth as a baby’s bottom. We arrived at our hotel at about 12:00am after our scary shuttle transfer – the drive kept nodding off!! There was a convention going on at the time, so the only room we could get was a double. :( We later complained and got a king with a view. :)

The next day (Sunday) we got up late because of the late arrival and headed down to Maya Grill for breakfast about 10am. It was a mediocre spread, but we stuffed ourselves anyway. This was our Animal Kingdom day, so we caught a bus about 11:30am. Animal Kingdom was empty. We did, however, see a good fair amount of animals. The safari was fun with a great close up views of elephants and giraffes. We walked on every ride there and we did Dinosaur twice in a row! I actually liked Primeval Whirl. The tree of life was much more impressive in person and the bug show was too short. It was getting hot and we wanted to get out of there at about 3:30pm. We didn’t get to see Asia or the rapids, but we didn’t care at the time. My wife suggested to me that we get bride and groom pins to celebrate our marriage. We also hunted for bride and groom mouse ear hats, so we went to Downtown Disney for the Christmas shop and found them!! That night we ate dinner at the pepper market back at CS. All I can say is it was interesting. We crashed early that night from a whirlwind 24 hours!

We got up late again Monday for our MGM day. It didn’t really matter getting to the parks early this time of year. Donning our bride & groom hats we arrived at MGM and made a beeline to 50s Primetime Café for an early lunch. Auntie Claire took super care of us “kids”. After lunch we saw Indy, which was a lot of fun. My wife is a huge Kermit fan, so you can guess where we went next. I’m sorry, but Muppet Vision left a lot to be desired. The 3D didn’t always work for me, but Beaker was still funny and the animatronics were clever. My wife was dying to meet Kermit, so we actually waited for him to arrive. Miss Piggy tried to steal me away. Here’s the coolest part of our trip: with our bride & groom hats we received all-star treatment! They put us in front of a 30 minute wait at Star Tours and Great Movie Ride. They let us do Rockin’ Rollercoaster twice in a row. Everyone at the parks, CMs and guests, said “congratulations” to us. It made our honeymoon that much more special. :) I loved Tower of Terror (best at sunset!) and One Man’s Dream.

We ate dinner at Wolfgang Puck that night. The strange concoctions they came up with scared me. I didn’t like it too much, and it was way too expensive. We tried to squeeze in an hour at Disney Quest, but we waited forever for the stupid Virtual Space Mountain.

Another thing if you go this year, you must buy a Magical Moments pin! They are the most fun on key rides and shows! It’s a different light show each time. I think Tower of Terror had the best effect. It just blinked white rapidly like lightning.

Our Magic Kingdom day (Tuesday) was fun. We started out at Tony’s for a character lunch. My wife got to dance with Tigger, her favorite Disney character. We moved on to Adventureland for Aladdin (boring), PotC (not as good as Disneyland), BTMRR, and Splash Mountain (better than Disneyland). The Share a Dream Come True parade was a lot of fun. Mickey was the best all cheerful up inside the globe. We actually had to FastPass Peter Pan this time of year. The crane next the castle was not that bad. We didn’t get a chance to walk through the castle, something I wanted to do the whole trip. :( I really enjoyed Buzz Lightyear, I got a mid-level score! We once again used our newlywed magic at Space Mountain after our first FastPass trip. It was five minutes until closing and they felt sorry for us. That was very nice of them.

We told the host at Planet Hollywood to get us a good seat upstairs because we just got married. It worked, again! The meals were a little too weird for my tastes. The Comedy Club over in Pleasure Island was a blast. The funniest part was that they couldn’t curse, but they could serve alcohol. Hmm… Oh well, it was fun anyway.

Our last full day was Wednesday 9/11 and it was Epcot day. It was also a rainy day, but since most everything was indoors, it didn’t matter. I loved Spaceship Earth because you were totally immersed in the time periods of communication. Imagination was a fun way to waste a couple hours. We had lunch at San Angel and got a great seat near the water. It was a fun experience. I cannot believe that the boat ride is still running. That was the most ridiculous thing ever. All the different countries were amazing. We saw an amazing acrobatic show in China and American Adventure was perfect on that day since it was 9/11. We had a little more culture than we expected at dinner in Japan. We sat right next to a real Japanese couple in the Tepanyaki Dining Room. Our cook had to interpret for us! We stepped out of the restaurant just in time for Illuminations. It was perfect.

Our last day we tried to cram in a few more hours at MK and Epcot before leaving for the airport. At MK we actually got there at opening! We rode BTMRR twice in a row and SM twice, also. It is definitely a must to ride the Monorail, so we rode over to Epcot. We managed to get Test Track in and rode Body Wars.

It was a sad moment packing up and riding the bus out of WDW, but we’ll go back. I don’t know when we’ll go again, but we will definitely go back. I miss it already!

Overall, it was an amazing trip, but not enough time! Our next trip will be for a full week, about 8 nights. We’ll have to wear the bride & groom hats again just so we can get the all-star treatment!

I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I get them developed (6 rolls!).

congrats, but only 6 rolls? we took 14 on our trip. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom