Trip Report, 8/16 - 8/23

figmentmom

I just got back from my annual August solo trip (my husband is not a Disney fan, can you believe it?) It was GREAT; here are a few highlights:

Annual pass - I finally bought an annual pass, and the freedom to go as often as I wanted to the parks, not worrying about parceling out the number of days remaining on my multi-day pass, were well worth it. I brought my photo ID along for those times when the finger scan didn't seem to scan properly - it was a real time-saver. (Never fear, those leftover days on my older passes didn't go to waste - our college-student daughter joined me for a couple of days - a Disney nut like her mom!)

TYLER!!! - I met Tyler (Fantasia Boi) at the Magic Kingdom on his way to work one day. It was great to finally put a face to a name! Hi, Tyler - keep those posts coming!

E-ride night, August 20th - Excellent! Well worth the extra money for me, although if I'd been there with a large family, I would have had to shell out some major bucks. My only caveat is that it was DARK, and I mean poorly-lit, especially around Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. TTA was absolutely spectacular at night - what a treat!!!

Magic Kingdom - The fastpass option was terrific. The parks were not very crowded, probably because the school year has already started for many kids, but it still saved me some time. CoP was closed :( . Peter Pan and Small World both looked very clean and fresh - enjoyed the MK very much. (TTA was terrific during the day, too!)

EPCOT - I LOVED Journey Into Imagination with Figment!!! All Figment, all the time - just what I wanted to see! I had to chase around the park for a few days, but I finally scored the limited edition Figment pin; I also got the Figment mouse pad. In fact, my only complaint about it is that they need more Figment merchandise (no, I am not kidding!) How about an adult purple Figment sweatshirt?!? Everything else was excellent - the World Showcase was very uncrowded, so I saw all the movies, performers, etc. Mexico and France remain my favorite pavilions. I'm not a Maelstrom fan, so I didn't really miss it. Too bad, though, that so many people skipped Norway altogether because the ride was closed.

MGM - Also not too crowded - the Muppets were as hilarious as ever. I love the atmosphere at MGM, and it was just as great this trip. Wonder of wonders, I was able to handle the ToT without motion sickness - I did notice a new drop sequence, and it seemed a little tamer than I remember it, so maybe that's why. The RnR coaster, though, is out of the question for me. (I still turn green remembering last year's experience!)

Animal Kingdom - All right, it's Nahtazu, but it's not my favorite park, either. Still, I spend a day there, and was glad I did. The walkways were extremely crowded, but the ride lines were short, so I was able to do everything I wanted. It's Tough to Be a Bug was cute, and the family next to me just loved it. The Dinosaur ride, unfortunately, was a major mistake for motion-sickness-prone me. Never again!

We also took the bus over to Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans, two of our favorite resorts. They both looked fresh and well-maintained, although the CB seemed awfully empty.

Pin trading - Since I will admit to a few obsessive-compulsive tendencies, I swore I would NOT get caught up in the pin mania. It's awfuly hard to avoid it, though, because those pins stops are EVERYWHERE, and the pins themselves are very pretty. I managed to call a halt after finding the limited edition Figment pin and a Caribbean Beach pin I just loved. However, I saw LOTS of families wearing next month's mortgage payment around their necks on those straps!

All in all, a great trip!

:D

cuteypatooty78

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Figment mom!!! Glad to hear peter pan and it's a small world looked good...I love those rides!!! Now a question...do they have the small plush Figments still? I'd like to get a couple on my trip. Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!:)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Original Poster
Yep, there were plush Figments available! The only reason I didn't come home with an armful is because I own 'em already!:lol:

Upvote 0

cuteypatooty78

Originally posted by figmentmom
Yep, there were plush Figments available! The only reason I didn't come home with an armful is because I own 'em already!:lol:

LOL!!! I see!!! I can't wait to go and get about two or three!!!

Only 20 Days left :sohappy:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Original Poster
Well, actually, it did rain in buckets just about every afternoon - my umbrella came in very handy, because the poncho alone would not have kept the rain from dripping down my back!:D

Upvote 0

GaryT977

That's a typical Florida summer day! You can almost set your watch to the afternoon shower. Fortunately, they don't usually last long. Glad to hear you had so much fun!

:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom