Trip Report 11/28 to 12/2

pacochran

Original Poster
:cry: Trips over.

Had a great time as always.

Went to Christmas Party the day we arrived, on 11/28, it was great, not big crowds, and got to ride quite a few of favorite rides a couple of times with very very little wait. Saw the new POTC and thought it was awesome, the Dave Jones effect was great thought for sure we were going to get wet. The Jack Sparrow is just so life like we thought he was going to walk right over to us. Little light rain, but that didn't stop us. Was a little disappointed that they didn't do the pictures again this year. Did get the cookies and cocoa. Got to catch the parade this year, which we didn't get to last year and thought it was nice, they even had a float for Clarabell the cow.

Did Epcot on Wednesday, and wait for Soarin' though only about 40 minutes, which was shorter than last year. Did the new Nemo and Friends, and thought it was cute, don't know if I would do it over and over. The Wonders of Life pavilion was open, but really sad as it was almost completely empty, don't know if people really knew it was open. We did ride Body Wars, only 12 of on the ride and don't think anyone was behind us. They did announce it at the wait for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Did see Figment out for pictures taking.

On Thursday did AK. Because hardly any lines, got to ride Expedition Everest 5 times, my daughter thought it was great, even my son who hate roller coasters, we were able to talk him onto it and loved it, he road it three times. He got a mini dream, while waiting for my daughter and my self he went for an ice cream and the CM gave it to him for Free with a certificate, he was thrilled, couldn't wait to tell us. Didn't get to do Nemo as our timing seemed to be off, and was never at the show at the right time, so something to do for next year. Was bumming though as found out that night as we watched the news that Roy Disney was in AK that day also doing an interview with the local news station, I really wish that I could have at least seen him, again in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Friday we did MGM-Disney Studios and had a great time, again no crowds, road TOT 5 times. This was the only park I saw a member of the Dream Squad, but didn't see her award anything. In fact only thing we saw was quite a few Dream Fast Passes at the various parks but that's it. We went to the Backlot tours and I volunteered to be the Mechanic in the seen, so that was fun. I've been picked three years going for something first Davy Crockett at Hoop Di Do Review, then Indiana Jones as an extra and this this year. I teased my wife and said what will I do next year, she said take a year off.

We left Disney on Saturday for 3 days at Universal. Not going to say much there other than we had a good time, but it wasn't the same as Disney, and I'm not aching to go back like WDW. The only thing I will say is that I like their "Express Pass", which is you use your room key and get to go to a much shorter line. This seemed to work better than the "Fastpass", but with so many on site guest at Disney, this would probably not work.

Only other thing want to mention is that we stayed at AKL this year for first time, and every morning that we were there, when you went out onto the balcony you could hear some construction going on, sounded like earth moving equipment, was kind of annoying at 7am to go out and hear that. Don't know if it means that they are starting construction of the DVC or what but it sounded fairly close.

That's it in a nutshell.

New2WDW

Thanks for posting your report! Glad you had a good time!

? - What was your role at the Indiana Jones show?
(I just saw that show for the first time this past October and thought it was very neat.)

Cynderella

:cry: Trips over.

Had a great time as always.

Went to Christmas Party the day we arrived, on 11/28, it was great, not big crowds, and got to ride quite a few of favorite rides a couple of times with very very little wait. Saw the new POTC and thought it was awesome, the Dave Jones effect was great thought for sure we were going to get wet. The Jack Sparrow is just so life like we thought he was going to walk right over to us. Little light rain, but that didn't stop us. Was a little disappointed that they didn't do the pictures again this year. Did get the cookies and cocoa. Got to catch the parade this year, which we didn't get to last year and thought it was nice, they even had a float for Clarabell the cow.

Did Epcot on Wednesday, and wait for Soarin' though only about 40 minutes, which was shorter than last year. Did the new Nemo and Friends, and thought it was cute, don't know if I would do it over and over. The Wonders of Life pavilion was open, but really sad as it was almost completely empty, don't know if people really knew it was open. We did ride Body Wars, only 12 of on the ride and don't think anyone was behind us. They did announce it at the wait for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Did see Figment out for pictures taking.

On Thursday did AK. Because hardly any lines, got to ride Expedition Everest 5 times, my daughter thought it was great, even my son who hate roller coasters, we were able to talk him onto it and loved it, he road it three times. He got a mini dream, while waiting for my daughter and my self he went for an ice cream and the CM gave it to him for Free with a certificate, he was thrilled, couldn't wait to tell us. Didn't get to do Nemo as our timing seemed to be off, and was never at the show at the right time, so something to do for next year. Was bumming though as found out that night as we watched the news that Roy Disney was in AK that day also doing an interview with the local news station, I really wish that I could have at least seen him, again in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Friday we did MGM-Disney Studios and had a great time, again no crowds, road TOT 5 times. This was the only park I saw a member of the Dream Squad, but didn't see her award anything. In fact only thing we saw was quite a few Dream Fast Passes at the various parks but that's it. We went to the Backlot tours and I volunteered to be the Mechanic in the seen, so that was fun. I've been picked three years going for something first Davy Crockett at Hoop Di Do Review, then Indiana Jones as an extra and this this year. I teased my wife and said what will I do next year, she said take a year off.

We left Disney on Saturday for 3 days at Universal. Not going to say much there other than we had a good time, but it wasn't the same as Disney, and I'm not aching to go back like WDW. The only thing I will say is that I like their "Express Pass", which is you use your room key and get to go to a much shorter line. This seemed to work better than the "Fastpass", but with so many on site guest at Disney, this would probably not work.

Only other thing want to mention is that we stayed at AKL this year for first time, and every morning that we were there, when you went out onto the balcony you could hear some construction going on, sounded like earth moving equipment, was kind of annoying at 7am to go out and hear that. Don't know if it means that they are starting construction of the DVC or what but it sounded fairly close.

That's it in a nutshell.

I was there that day and I got to see him!! Not to brag.....got some pictures of him. I couldnt believe it. I looked over and saw 2 camera guys and a guy in a suit and then Roy next to him and I looked over to my fiance and said that's Roy Disney!! I was in shock. Not many people knew who it was. I was going to follow him but I didn't want to be a stalker or anything tho :lookaroun . Though now I wish I would have. It was still soo cool to see him!

We also were at MVMCP for 11/28 and it was a great night! Though there were many many more people than when we went last year. Glad you had a great trip!

pacochran

Original Poster
? - What was your role at the Indiana Jones show?
(I just saw that show for the first time this past October and thought it was very neat.)

I was just someone shopping in the market. I was chosen for my screaming. It was really fun, ended up standing next to the planted guy, though really didn't talk to him, was having to much fun watching the show from the other side.

pacochran

Original Poster
I was there that day and I got to see him!! Not to brag.....got some pictures of him. I couldnt believe it. I looked over and saw 2 camera guys and a guy in a suit and then Roy next to him and I looked over to my fiance and said that's Roy Disney!! I was in shock. Not many people knew who it was. I was going to follow him but I didn't want to be a stalker or anything tho :lookaroun . Though now I wish I would have. It was still soo cool to see him!

We also were at MVMCP for 11/28 and it was a great night! Though there were many many more people than when we went last year. Glad you had a great trip!

Lucky you, sure wish I could have seen him.

Its funny we thought the MVMCP was less crowded than when we went last year, but last year it was the first week of December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom