Trip Report 11/19

Just got back from a half-day trip to WDW. My friends and I met up with a CM friend of ours at 1 p.m. yesterday, who gave us all Park Hopper passes. There were NO LINES the entire day!

We started at MGM and did Rock 'N Rollercoaster (where I lost my cell phone.... uggggghhhh) and proceeded immediately to Tower of Tower. From there, we left to EPCOT and did Mission: Space and Test Track. We then took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom, took the RR to Spash Mountain. From Spash Mountain, we did Haunted Mansion, Mickey's Philharmagic (first time seeing it... it was GREAT), Snow White, Tea Cups, Caroussel of Progress, and Astro Orbitor. We then walked over to Adventureland and did Jungle Cruise AT NIGHT (our navigator told us about her life, rather than the "corny script"). Lastly, we did Pirates of the Caribbean and saw Wishes.

Did you know that on Jungle Cruise, the indians say in their song "Disco Rules"? Our navigator showed us that and hidden Mickey's EVERYWERE!

I also want to say that Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean look like they're in great shape. The old special effects work great. After I have seen DL's Pirates a couple of months ago, I can say that while DL's version is longer, some of the same scenes that are in our version are done better here (the village on fire scene for example). I took a good look at the Auctioneer in our version, compared to my memory of the Auctioneer at DL's version... and I can say we need some updated AA figures here... would be nice if we got the same AA Auctioneer as DL.

The Haunted Mansion looks great. Maybe Disney could give it a better sound system. But I saw something I've never seen before. In the Ballroom scene, a pirate jumps out of one of the pictures on the wall and throws his sword before going back into the painting. So much goes on in that scene... I wish Disney could make it so that we are in that scene a longer so we could so such great details like that!

I also took the time to go "honor" Caroussel of Progress. I really hate to have to say this, but it is time for a new show there. The older elements of the show are just to slow, corny and boring for our generations to appreciate it. The last scene is all right, but it's already outdated (for example, where does it mention the Internet or cell phones? And the HDTV set looks old already). I have no idea what could take its place... maybe something new with the same ideas and premises done in such a way that it could entertain the younger generations?

I loved Mickey's Philharmagic. I expected "another" 3D movie. But this is more than just another 3D movie. It uses such special effects, as the smellerizer, that Soaring over California also uses. I won't spoil it, but take my word for it, it's a must-see.

I also rode Snow White because I havem't been on this in years and there was no lines. With DL's version fresh in my mind, I can tell you ours is much better! But, we have many static figures, in places of AA figures. Where these just broken AA figures, or are they purposely static? If they are purposely static, Disney should replace them with AA figures in the future!

Big Thunder was still closed, but it's looking good! Wishes was a great show... not nearly as good as Phantasmic!, but a good show.

crazygirley

Originally posted by PeterAlt
We started at MGM and did Rock 'N Rollercoaster (where I lost my cell phone...)
Wow...did you get it back? Did you let anyone know you lost it? That's a pretty expensive thing to loose!
Originally posted by PeterAlt I also took the time to go "honor" Caroussel of Progress. I really hate to have to say this, but it is time for a new show there. The older elements of the show are just to slow, corny and boring for our generations to appreciate it.
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't think they will ever do away with CoP...it's a Walt original...and it's a classic. What generation are you from? I'm 20 and would be devistated and upset that it was gone. But you are entitled to your opinion...but CoP is like IaSW...just one of those rides that is here to stay!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Re: Re: Trip Report 11/19

Originally posted by crazygirley
Wow...did you get it back? Did you let anyone know you lost it? That's a pretty expensive thing to loose!
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't think they will ever do away with CoP...it's a Walt original...and it's a classic. What generation are you from? I'm 20 and would be devistated and upset that it was gone. But you are entitled to your opinion...but CoP is like IaSW...just one of those rides that is here to stay!

First about my phone. I just got this phone too last week! It actually fell out during the first loop, I think. Hopefully, no one got hurt, but I have a feeling my phone is in many peices. I'll call Lost and Found today, but I'm not in Orlando any more, so I can't just go get it (I'm 3 hours away).

As for Carousel, well, I'm thinking that they should keep the same ideas for the show, but just change the script somehow. It just plays like a 60's sitcom. That's not bad, but people today expect something more that we could relate to today, maybe with a modern cast of actors doing the voices and a script that moves away from corny jokes and is more fast-paced (like that last scene is)... I don't know.... I'm sure Imagineeres could come up with something that everyone would like! (my friends almost killed me for dragging them in... I'm the only one who appreciated it)

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by PeterAlt

I also rode Snow White because I havem't been on this in years and there was no lines. With DL's version fresh in my mind, I can tell you ours is much better! But, we have many static figures, in places of AA figures. Where these just broken AA figures, or are they purposely static? If they are purposely static, Disney should replace them with AA figures in the future!

Most of the figures in SWSA are static. Only a handfull move and of those handfull they usually have only one type of motion. I would love to see and update of most of Fantasyland like DL received, but that is probably a ways off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom