Trip Report 03/02 - 07/02

MileZXO

Original Poster
So after my christmas trip we decided for my 30th we would do paris as a treat.. we are headed to WDW in september but we simply couldn't wait that long..

Day 1
So we went from Ebbsfleet international (London) on the eurostar direct to Disney Paris.. the trip was easy and because we are used to the 9 hour+ flight to orlando it seemed like 30 minutes.

We had no issue checking our luggage into express that was so easy..

We headed straight into DLP and spent most of our time exploring main street.. now I know that world is much bigger and better but it annoys me that there isnt any diverse merch through DLP. Its repeated in every store to the point where I wonder why they need so many stores.. I hope that now disney have bought back the park they will start focusing on this..

We rode phantom manor because it's my favourite ride in the park (I actually prefer it over THM because it's much longer and scarier.) It was a very busy day so we decided to go back and check into Sequoia Lodge and get settled.. the staff seem a bit careless in my opinion which compared to the actual design and theming of the hotel youd expect different. Its gorgeous..

Then we ate in the hotel, buffet style and it makes me miss florida again for a few reasons.. firstly the choice of food suits me best in florida and you cant get soft drink refills in DLP. Luckily it's free dining because theres no chance I'd say it was worth 75 euro.

Tomorrow we are headed back to the main park to do big Thunder and adventure land.. I love DLP and I must say the atmosphere and disney magic has improved this trip.. but the park has a long way to go before I consider an annual pass which I hope to do when they open GE Avengers and Frozen lands.

RoyalFool

I'm off to DLRP next week, I understand most of your sentiments, the staff at Paris never really try to "plus" the experience and most don't seem to enjoy their work which is a shame.

I'm curious as to how busy the Studio park will be, feel bad for folks who don't have a park-hopper and will be stuck in a half-shut park for an entire day, at least it has the proper Tower of Terror for now though, they upgraded the ride system recently so it has the longer cycles from Mission Breakout.

Let me know how the FX are on big thunder mountain, by far the best BTM in the world but I can't recall a single time both the smoke and water effect were working. Have you been on Pirates yet? they re-did the queue line last year and it's incredible!

Have fun, and share some photos ;)

MileZXO

Original Poster
I'm off to DLRP next week, I understand most of your sentiments, the staff at Paris never really try to "plus" the experience and most don't seem to enjoy their work which is a shame.

I'm curious as to how busy the Studio park will be, feel bad for folks who don't have a park-hopper and will be stuck in a half-shut park for an entire day, at least it has the proper Tower of Terror for now though, they upgraded the ride system recently so it has the longer cycles from Mission Breakout.

Let me know how the FX are on big thunder mountain, by far the best BTM in the world but I can't recall a single time both the smoke and water effect were working. Have you been on Pirates yet? they re-did the queue line last year and it's incredible!

Have fun, and share some photos ;)

Studios is probably the worst disney park in the world right now as there really isnt much there but that's gonna change over the next few years!

Last time I rode BTM in November everything was working!

Pirates I also rode in November and I love it! It's funny because i feel like BTM, Pirates, Space Mointain, Phantom Manor these are all better than the WDW versions.

MileZXO

Original Poster
2nd day report.

Got up early and had breakfast at the hotel (SL) found it was just OK but the bacon was really cold. Standard breakfast tho no fuss.

Went over to Studios and watched the stunt show spectacular.. it was fun but dated and needs an overhaul or a new attraction in its place.

The star wars stuff for the legends of the force season is meh.. it feels like it's there because they have no idea what else to do with the space.

Mickey and the magician however is probably the best disney parks show I've seen.. holy cow WDW needs something like this.

We then headed over to the main park for an early dinner at the steakhouse in Frontierland.. while the starters weren't great.. the service and the steak was fantastic and I loved the barbecue flavours on offer.. the deserts were just fine.

Rode pirates 3 times thanks to the super short wait times and then watched illuminations which was good but nothing on Wishes or HEA.

Tomorrow we are doing a late start and fantasyland/"tomorrowland"

So far I'd say we need more attractions in general.. cant wait for the new lands.

cjkeating

2nd day report.

Got up early and had breakfast at the hotel (SL) found it was just OK but the bacon was really cold. Standard breakfast tho no fuss.

Went over to Studios and watched the stunt show spectacular.. it was fun but dated and needs an overhaul or a new attraction in its place.

The star wars stuff for the legends of the force season is meh.. it feels like it's there because they have no idea what else to do with the space.

Mickey and the magician however is probably the best disney parks show I've seen.. holy cow WDW needs something like this.

We then headed over to the main park for an early dinner at the steakhouse in Frontierland.. while the starters weren't great.. the service and the steak was fantastic and I loved the barbecue flavours on offer.. the deserts were just fine.

Rode pirates 3 times thanks to the super short wait times and then watched illuminations which was good but nothing on Wishes or HEA.

Tomorrow we are doing a late start and fantasyland/"tomorrowland"

So far I'd say we need more attractions in general.. cant wait for the new lands.

Don't forget to do the walkthrough attractions... Nautilus, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Adventure Isle are the bigger ones.

Giants14

I was in DLP over the same period as the original poster with my wife and 3 year old daughter. 1st time we have made the trip in Winter. We stayed in the Explorers which was grand - nothing special but did the job for us - even though a larke part of the hotel was closed off due to refurbishment

We all had a great time but tired after the long days - Disneyland park was great as usual, hard to beat the DLP castle with dragon included.

Big Thunder in Paris is the best I've been on - darker, faster and more intense that WDW - no smoke or water features.

The Disney Parade was excellent - really miss the light parade's they did in the past. This parade was a great spectacle, so much so that my daughter cried when it was over. :(

Firework show was great although they have really scaled back on the actual fireworks and focus on the castle projections.

The studio's on the other hand was a massive let down - probably the worse park we have visited in all of Disney. To charge full price for a glorified half day is a slap in the face. We got into the park around half 9 (opening at 10 supposedly) and were finished and out by half 1 having done everything we wanted to do. Some attractions they do have are great but half the park is shut down which is a real shame.
If we had EMH would probably would have been finished this park 1-2 hours earlier as well.

Ratatouille ride was sublime - loved every minute of it.

Mickey and the Magician was cracker - not sure what to expect but a real highlight of the day.

Minus points
Frozen show - waited an hour in the queue having missed one of the other shows - the show time was then delayed by another 15mins and the show was all standing - all the kids struggling to see - a let-down.

Crush's coaster was ok - wouldn't wait 75min on it - thankfully the single rider was only 40 mins.

Another major gripe was no being able to see the characters in the parks with a ticket via the Lineberty (sp) app - we only discovered his when wondering why the queue's for certain characters were so small - we managed to get a time for Phantom Manor Mickey at the last knockings of our last day - shame we couldn't queue to see whoever

Giants14

@Giants14, thank you for the summary! Did you Fast Pass any of your rides?

FP are really limited in DLP - we got FP's for Peter Pan's flight as soon as we got into the park and completed the rest of fantasty land before our time was up.

The only other FP I got was for big thunder - my wife and daughter wouldn't ride (the latter not big enough yet) so I got one and nipped off at the fast pass time. Other's were not needed

PixarPerfect

FP are really limited in DLP - we got FP's for Peter Pan's flight as soon as we got into the park and completed the rest of fantasty land before our time was up.

The only other FP I got was for big thunder - my wife and daughter wouldn't ride (the latter not big enough yet) so I got one and nipped off at the fast pass time. Other's were not needed

Thanks! We'll be testing out their "unlimited Fast Pass" option next month and I wondered if we'll really need it. Sounds like we'll be OK either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom