Trip Planning

Al

Original Poster
Hi all!

When me and my family go to California @ christmas, we are spending 4 days in LA, and want to do the 2disney parks and the universal one.

We take off at something like 2:15pm UK time, and land in LA at 10:30pm west-coast time. Bearing in mind the time difference, and that we have 1 six yr old, 1 nine and one 13, what would be the best order in which to do the parks, and what time do you suggest we enter the parks at? I was thinking maybe universal first, because after the long flight, and probably not much sleep the night we arrive, it is the smallest park and we can take it easy a bit. Then i was thinking DCA next, so the last park would be disneyland, and we can leave LA remembering the true disney "atmosphere"

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! :D

DCA Fan

Do DCA first and then Disneyland. You can pretty much cover DCA in 2/3 of a day, giving you the rest of the day for rest (which I'm sure you'll need)
Disneyland, depending on how much you want to cover, can take 1-2 day, depending on crowds.

FASTPASS:
DCA
> WWTBAMPI- Get them free before the Hollywood section of DCA opens, just see a cast member.
> BLAST- Get them free from the guy (or gal) at the "Hyperion theater" podium at the entrance.
> Soarin' -MUST use FP unless you don't mind waiting 2 hrs.

DL
> Indiana Jones
> POC- Ususally, not always.
> BTM- Definitely
> Splash Mtn.
> Space Mtn.- Sometimes standby can be okay, but I still recommend FP
> Autopia- Definitely.

That's all off the top of my head. Any questions?

Al

Original Poster
Hi! thanks for that! how long will it take to do universal? if you could explain some of thee abbreviatations to me, as I dont know all the DL/DCA rides.thanks :) :)

does anyone else who knows the parks well have any ideas?

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Universal doesn't take long to do. It is about an hour away from DL though. Where are you staying?

Universal in CA is primarily the tram tour. If you've been to Universal in Florida, don't expect the CA version to be anything like it. It has Backdraft, which is neat and unique to the CA park. It also has Jurassic Park, Terminator and ET. It also has some shows (i.e. the Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show and the Animal Actors Stage). The tram tour there is worth seeing (especially if you are really interested in Hollywood history). A lot of classic movie sets and backlots are there. All in all, maybe 2/3 of a day. In my opinion, it is better use of your time than DCA (if you find yourself limited on time). But don't miss Disneyland (and set aside the majority of your time for it...at least 2 days).

DCA Fan

The abbreviations:
WWTBAMPI: Who wants to be a Millionaire Play It!
POC: Pirates of the Carribean
BTM: Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad.

Universal takes about 1/2 a day, maybe a bit more. Namely because there are 4 rides only: ET, Back to the Future, Tram Tour, Jurassic Park. The shows are good for the most part; don't bother w/ Spiderman Rocks, employees there call it "Spiderman Sucks" or "RENT: Spidey style" I haven't been there in a while, but if its still around the Waterworld show is excellent.

jamez

Maybe just an idea, but get to the parks at opening time. You should go straight for the main E-ticket attractions. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Indiana Jones. Usually if it is a little chilly in the morning, Splash Mountain will have no line at all, so you could ride maybe 2 or 3 times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom