Trip planning/first timer

mctv512

Original Poster
Hey, I'm visiting DLP for the first time, just one day only, February 6th, I believe. It is a Monday, so, should I do both parks? Just one? Which one?
I've been to orlando a few times so i'm not really planning to de everything, but i don't wanna be jumping from park to park if the crowds are too big or if i shouldn't bother visiting one park.

What should I do?

Bolna

Well, my suggestion would be to concentrate on the Disneyland Park. It is really beautiful. The Walt Disney Studios have a few interesting and unique attractions, but it is a strange park. Rather small and a lot of it isn't that pretty.

However, on a Monday in February crowds should not be too bad, so you might be able to squeeze in both parks. They are not far apart, 5-10 minutes by foot.

My preference would be to take it slow at Disneyland Park and take your time to explore. There are plenty of details to see and experience. I would also recommend to take the time for a sit down lunch as a break and to get into the warmth for some time. Walt's on Main Street is the most beautiful Disney restaurant in my opinion. I have never eaten at the Blue Lagoon, but it is very special since it overlooks Pirates of the Carribean. I also really like the Silver Spur Steakhouse which is in Frontierland.

dagobert

Like Bolna already mentioned, take it slowly at Disneyland Park, because it is a very beautiful park with lots of details.

Attractions you shouldn't miss:

Phantom Manor - Different ending and story than in the US.
Big Thunder Mountain - It's located on an island.
Pirates of the Caribbean - No POTC movie overlay.
it's a small world - Scenes you don't have in the US.
Pinocchio's Fantastic Journey - This attraction can't be found in Orlando.
Space Mountain - Catapult launch and much more exciting than the US versions. Be advised, it's a bumpy ride.
Nautilus - Walk through attraction.
The Dragon beneath the Castle.

If you still have time, you could do other attractions or visit the Walt Disney Studios Park.

For the Studios I would recommend the following rides:

CineMagique - In my opinion a wonderful attraction that can't be found somewhere else.
Tower of Terror - It's a little bit different compared to WDW.
Crush's Coaster - A very popular spinning coaster with long queues.
Rock'n'Roller Coaster - It features the same track layout like at DHS, but the theming is different.
Animagique - A cute black light show.

I also want to warn you about smoking people everywhere and some parts of the park are badly maintained, although DLRP is currently refurbing a lot.

I have never experienced unpolite CMs, but compared to the US, they are not as friendly as their US colleagues. I guess the language barrier is a reason for that.

I'm not a big fan of fast food and especially not of the DLRP options. I would recommend a table service restaurant. The food was always great. I think you should try Walt's - An American Restaurant on Main Street. The restaurant features many references about Walt Disney.

Have a great day at Disneyland Paris. I'm sure you will like the park, especially it's beauty.

Bastia 33

Hello, you can begin your travel by DP, it's the best, WDW it's just 5 minutes to go, :), the best place is for me POTC, or Frontierland with BTM, but you can't compare with WDW:).
For eat you can try the Walt's, very good food .
Enjoyed your trip jc:sohappy:

mctv512

Original Poster
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! Although you all have a point with "doin just DLP", sth deep in me says "go both" so i won`t resist...
Still, goona go with the can't miss attractions.
I'm going with my dad, so I'd probably won't be doing many thrill attractions. Guess I'm ride Crush and Space mountain because they haven`t got an american replica, but still, any suggestions here? I may able to squeeze one or two more thrill rides, so I want to get some my advice here.

I cannot wait to visit DLP!

mctv512

Original Poster
Well guys, thx again for all the help. Despite the low temperatures, I had quite a day at DLP. What I enjoyed most was the low season lines, consisting of a maximum 20 minutes wait, which let me try most of the attractions. I couldn't ride Crush Coaster though, because of breakdowns... many attractions had some half hour breakdowns, which was a little disappointing.
Also, it was quite interesting to see the cultural differences between Eurodisney crowds and american disney crowds, the multiplicity of language in shows, for instance.
Cinemagique was the highest point of the visit, making my father and I share a classical disney moment. Couldn´t see Animagique thou, and that really deterred us.
Anyway, DLP is not half of WDW, but it was worth a visit and holds as respectful younger brother of Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom