Trip planning 2020

Reaper673

Hey guys!

Planning a first trip to WDW and trying to decide between late November/early December and October. Our main priority is crowd numbers to be honest - which would you guys recommend? We’ve had a look at the crowd calendars and it seems to be a little better in December but lots of people are also saying that’s getting worse.
Any help would be really appreciate, thanks!

bUU

December is getting more crowded, and so is October. WDW continues to grow in popularity decade after decade, and there's no rational basis to project that that won't continue given how they are investing in exactly what so many of their target audience wants.

Based on the prioritization you have shared, choose early December.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't recommend either of those times if its all about the numbers for you.
Go some time prior to October.
If I had to choose one or the other I'd go with late November early December. Crowds in October have just become insane in recent years.

My plan is to go late August and early/mid December but my main goals are F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, and the opportunity to go twice once while my sister is off from work and once when my sister can take some personal days.
We go when it suits our schedule and don't care about crowds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We've gone in September (mid and late) and the crowd levels have been really great.

Out of the two times you posted, I think they're pretty comparable. They're both getting more crowded. Ask your family if they'd rather do the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party and base it on that.

Upvote 0

ppet

Crowds are one thing and September is hard to beat for crowds, But when I was just there for first week of Nov the crowds where manageable. Mostly go where everyone else isn't. I tend to hit the park that just had extra hours the day before. This has worked for us on the last few trips. The one thing you can't avoid in September is the heat. with your options I'd go early Nov. F&W will be crazy on weekends no matter when you go.

Upvote 0

Reaper673

Original Poster
Thank you for all the responses!

I think september sounds best crowd wise but not sure we can handle the heat! December sounds like the best of the two - we are keen to either do Christmas or Halloween parties but may go for November if prices/crowds are much better

Upvote 0

yensid67

I use undercovertourist.com for my tickets, hotel and crowd calendar info, but you might as well take the best day to go to which park then just deal with the crowd on that day!

I prefer to go the first full week of December, for me those crowds are manageable and the Christmas decorations don't hurt either!

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We have found the week after Thanksgiving into early December is a great time to go. Crowds aren’t terrible and get to enjoy a MVMCP and all the decorations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom