Trip must be completed before FP+ for another trip.

Becky

Original Poster
We booked a trip for November 16-23 and made our FP+ selections. We are within our 60 day window for a beginning of January trip BUT Disney will NOT allow you to make FP+ selections for a second trip until your first trip is completed.

ToTBellHop

Sounds like a glitch--that can't be the long term plan. Do you have an Annual Pass or traditional base tickets? It is known that Annual Passholders can only have a certain number of days with FP+ reservations at any one time (I believe 10 days).

Becky

Original Poster
Sounds like a glitch--that can't be the long term plan. Do you have an Annual Pass or traditional base tickets? It is known that Annual Passholders can only have a certain number of days with FP+ reservations at any one time (I believe 10 days).

Becky

Original Poster
No not a glitch. I spoke with Guest Relations and IT and they both said that FP+ can only be booked for one trip which must be completed before FP+ ressies can be made for another trip. We do have AP's but the first trip is seven days.

Ariel484

I don't think so. We're leaving for a trip tomorrow (have FP+ booked) and have more FP+ booked for our late December trip. I think the system is freaking out with January because that's when the testing stops and the system actually starts getting used full-time.

ExtinctJenn

I don't think so. We're leaving for a trip tomorrow (have FP+ booked) and have more FP+ booked for our late December trip. I think the system is freaking out with January because that's when the testing stops and the system actually starts getting used full-time.
Out of curiosity, did you receive two sets of bands (i.e. those FP+ selections aren't both on the same set)?

Ariel484

Out of curiosity, did you receive two sets of bands (i.e. those FP+ selections aren't both on the same set)?
Not 2...3! Our second trip is a split stay so apparently we have 2 sets for that trip (due to ship out later this month) and then a third for tomorrow. Seems a little excessive, no?

DVC4bestvacations

You might have made the FP+'s before they blocked this from happening. I reserved 12/22 FP's for EPCOT MS, TT2.0 & Soarin. They have since changed to only allow either TT or Soarin but not both on a given day. We're grandfathered in kind of

ExtinctJenn

Not 2...3! Our second trip is a split stay so apparently we have 2 sets for that trip (due to ship out later this month) and then a third for tomorrow. Seems a little excessive, no?
Agreed but I'm wondering if that's why you were able to do FP+ selections for each trip vs. @Becky who wasn't able to. :)

Ariel484

You might have made the FP+'s before they blocked this from happening. I reserved 12/22 FP's for EPCOT MS, TT2.0 & Soarin. They have since changed to only allow either TT or Soarin but not both on a given day. We're grandfathered in kind of
It's possible. I got all headliners at Epcot too before they made that change.
Agreed but I'm wondering if that's why you were able to do FP+ selections for each trip vs. @Becky who wasn't able to. :)
Not sure what you mean? The second and third set of Magic Bands popped up one day in MDE so I just started picking FP+. We're APs so maybe that's the difference.

ExtinctJenn

Not sure what you mean? The second and third set of Magic Bands popped up one day in MDE so I just started picking FP+. We're APs so maybe that's the difference.
I guess what I mean is, you have one set for your first trip and then a 2nd (and 3rd lol) set for the next trip right? So your FP+ selections for trip 1 are on the one set and the others on set two vs. reusing the same bands for each trip? Or not. LOL!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I guess what I mean is, you have one set for your first trip and then a 2nd (and 3rd lol) set for the next trip right? So your FP+ selections for trip 1 are on the one set and the others on set two vs. reusing the same bands for each trip? Or not. LOL!
FP+ selections are not contingent on a particular MagicBand, but rather your ticket media. I got a band in August, and was able to make FP+ for my October visit before customizing or receiving my "October" band. And I was able to make FP+ for our December visit before customizing or receiving my "December" band. ("Bands" actually...since I have three ressies for this trip I will be receiving 3 more bands. What a waste!) I do have an AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom