Trip is 3 weeks away! Crowds in late August?

JamieD

We're heading to the World in late August. I know it will be hot, but what will the crowds be like after the majority of America is back at school? I'm traveling with my wife and soon-to-be 4-year-old daughter and can't wait!

Thank you,
Jamie

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Crowds tend to be pretty mild at the end of August. Most kids are back in school and the country of Brazil has returned to their homeland. The weather will still be hot and humid with common mid day thunderstorms but that is much easier to deal with then the crowds.

Upvote 0

ElvisMickey

The crowds are great at the end of August, but you still get the "summer" weather. I usually take my annual trip to WDW every year for 10 days at that time. However this year, my company is not letting us take any vacation time in August or September, so I took a short trip down back in February. Seems so long ago. The feelings of withdrawal are getting more and more intense each day now. Lol!

Upvote 0

coltow

We went Sept 1-9 in 2009 and it was perfect for us, light crowds. It was real hot tho. We do plan to go the last week of August next year and hope for the exact same thing.

Upvote 0

Yodadudeman

Not too bad. However, Disney has been running alot of deals for the end of August. So who knows, maybe that will attract alot of people. Most likely, though, the crowds should be very managable for your trip.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We have been the past 2 years and going again in 21 days!!! :sohappy: You are correct about the heat but the crowds are not that bad. Most the sothern eastcost has gone back to school and the northern cost is getting ready to start back right before Labor day or right after so not many folks vacationing...LIKE US!!! Most of the popular ride will have 30-45 wait times come mid afternoon and others will be more in the 10-15 or even walk on. We have been for spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas and mid to late August is very DOABLE!!!! Enjoy your trip!!! I cant wait!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Jedi Wizard

Will be there in 21 days also. We have gone a few times before at this time of year and the crowds are very manageable. The only thing that makes me think that the crowds this year may be a little higher is that Disney has extended park hours more this year than in the past. This may be a sign that they are seeing higher attendance. I doubt they staying open longer out of the kindness of their hearts.

Upvote 0

POTC

We're heading to the World in late August. I know it will be hot, but what will the crowds be like after the majority of America is back at school? I'm traveling with my wife and soon-to-be 4-year-old daughter and can't wait!

Thank you,
Jamie
I go in late August all the time. The parks are not crowded AT ALL. The lines are always short (except for Soarin, Test Track, and Toy Story Mania (2 hours!!!)). When I went last year I went to Magic Kingdom on September 1st and these were the wait times if i remember correctly for major attractions:
Space Mountain: 15 min
Splash Mountain: 10 min
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 20 min
Peter Pan's Flight: 15 MINUTES!
POTC: No wait
Buzz Lightyear: 10 min
Speedway: 5 min
Winnie the Pooh: 5 min (during the construction of the interactive queue)
Dumbo: 5-10 min
Astro Orbiter: 5 min
Stitch and Monsters Inc: 5 min

I was in MK from opening to 3pm and rode almost every attraction!
DHS: Stayed opening to closing
Epcot: 12pm-closing
AK: opening-12pm

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom