Trip Insurance Question

jaklgreen

For roughly $225 I found this:

View attachment 706741

This, to me, says 100% coverage unless we had a pre-existing condition (which we don't as of today). So if we did get pregnant in say August, we could cancel with no penalty.

From rough pricing, a Riviera studio + 3 day park tickets w/ MM = 2870. Through Disney, FQ + 3 days tickets w/MM = 2710. For $385 total extra including insurance, I may want Riveria over FQ.
The issue is that they do not consider a pregnancy to be a medical condition that would hamper your vacation. If she had a pregnancy related medical emergency, then that would be covered. But a normal pregnancy is not considered something that would be a valid reason to cancel a vacation. Unless you are booking so far out that you think that she will be delivering a baby at the time of your trip. Other than that, if she is under her last trimester, they won't just cover cancelling because you change your mind. I would triple check with any company to make sure that it is 100% cancel for any reason. I would also triple check with them if you rent DVC if that is covered. Many won't cover a timeshare, even if you paid the owner.

Schweino

Original Poster
The issue is that they do not consider a pregnancy to be a medical condition that would hamper your vacation. If she had a pregnancy related medical emergency, then that would be covered. But a normal pregnancy is not considered something that would be a valid reason to cancel a vacation. Unless you are booking so far out that you think that she will be delivering a baby at the time of your trip. Other than that, if she is under her last trimester, they won't just cover cancelling because you change your mind. I would triple check with any company to make sure that it is 100% cancel for any reason. I would also triple check with them if you rent DVC if that is covered. Many won't cover a timeshare, even if you paid the owner.
If you look at the screenshot, they only have one exclusion for Trip Cancellation, and that is a pre-existing condition. It then goes into the weeds of the other coverages like medical (which we dont really need) where it does discuss pregnancy.

Schweino

Original Poster
@Schweino , are you planning for this year? If so, we’re already at 8 months out at a busy time of year. There are still studios available, but only preferred view at Riviera - which you might not have been allowing for in your costing. But the closer you get to 7 months, the harder availability becomes.

Have you looked at the Swan & Dolphin? You’ll get all the benefits of the deluxe resorts and the flexibility of booking a package through Disney.
Was planning this year, yeah.

S&D I don't think I want to do. I'm not a hater of it, but I think I would prefer FQ over S/D.

Regardless, I did check out the DVC Availability Tool earlier today and did see the lack of availability. Pretty crazy! Is it like this every year, or just of recent (2/3 years) with the wealth of points stored up?

nickys

Premium Member
Was planning this year, yeah.

S&D I don't think I want to do. I'm not a hater of it, but I think I would prefer FQ over S/D.

Regardless, I did check out the DVC Availability Tool earlier today and did see the lack of availability. Pretty crazy! Is it like this every year, or just of recent (2/3 years) with the wealth of points stored up?
At that time of year it’s always busy. Your dates are just before the most popular week for DVC. If anything I’m surprised how many resorts still have availability, but I didn’t check the following week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom