Trip in 2009

MousDad

The real issue you should be concerned about with pulling the kids out for a week during school is what your particular school district says about it. I've heard of a lot who get no grief, and some who get a lot.

Other than that, it's entirely up to you, IMO.

KingStefan

But that isn't really the problem. Not every kid is able to make up work easily, and most certainly not every parent could help with homework. I mean, I am only good at Chemistry, Physics and Calculus (having an advanced degree in Chemistry and all, it goes with the territory), so if my kids (which thank GOD I will NEVER have) missed any school, those are the only subjects I would be able to help them with. And while some of you will be loathe to admit it, parents often exaggerate the skills of their kids (or turn a blind eye to their faults). Pulling an A student out school for a week to go to Disney World is not what I would call a real-world learning experience. Going to Egypt for two weeks, or Paris, or Moscow...those are learning experiences. A and B students will most likely do fine missing a week's work. Though I find pulling them out later (like 7th grade and above) less detrimental to their learning than when they are younger and still developing their basic skills. And what are you teaching your kids: that Disney World is more important than school. That's what. It's a theme park. A very glossy theme park, but a theme park nonetheless.

Your post reminds me of this one over in the Obnoxious Posting Styles thread!:ROFLOL:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2835973&postcount=150

KingStefan

The real issue you should be concerned about with pulling the kids out for a week during school is what your particular school district says about it. I've heard of a lot who get no grief, and some who get a lot.

Other than that, it's entirely up to you, IMO.

I agree with you there. Even different schools in the same district, and different teachers in the same school!

However, I can't help but point out that all the OP wanted to know in the first place was which holiday period in 2009 has the least crowds!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom