Trip Help!

lazer121

I really want to go to Universal Studios for at least a half a day and i am going for a week August 25th-31 you think i can split a day between Hollywood Studios and Universal and still have time to fit Magic Kingdom at night for a little

maryszhi

you would be cutting it close. if i was you , i would go to the hollywood studios, and then magic kingdon. doing two is manageable, how ever three would be hard.
i hope this helps

Upvote 0

juscet

Why would you do that to yourself? Vacations are meant to be relaxing and trying to do three parks in one day could be very stressful. If you still want to do it you should make a list of the things you want to see in each park. If the list keeps growing the chances of getting to all three would probably be impossible, but if you only want to ride ToT and RNR, you may have a better chance of doing it. Good luck!:eek:

Upvote 0

Elonwy

you have to remember there's some travel time in there, too. Sometimes traveling from Universal back and forth to Disney can take longer than you think. If you're going to Universal, I would do a few things at Uni. Studios and a few things at Islands of Adventure and if you have any time left in the evening, or if a park has evening EMH, you might be able to fit a Disney park in

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Doing the three parks in one day will be no problem at all - The question you must ask yourself is realistically, how much are you hoping to achieve at each park in only half a day ???

You're visiting during the summer months - schools out and parks will be busy. You're looking at a minimum of 45 minutes each way between Disney and USF.

While your first park will be ok (as long as you get there at park opening, by the time you've got to park two then the lines will be long.

Reconsider your plans - stick with two parks max per day

Upvote 0

Philo

You could do it but it would be a little mad. I think the best way of doing this would be if you get to Universal for opening, spend half a day there, run to DHS (queue's will be big by then) and then hit MK, hopefully on on EHM evening.

Personally, I would just take a day out from WDW to visit Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure if you really want to see them.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

EMH only works if you a staying at a Disney Resort, which you did not say. If you were doing 3 parks on Disney property I would say it is doable (did I spell that right?) But to try and get back and forth from Universal could be a bit of a nightmare given the traffic in the summer. If you are driving yourself, and take the back roads you could make it between the two in about 15 minutes. But if your taking the main roads you could be in trouble. I live here, so I know how bad it can get.

Upvote 0

The "Pro"

I've tried the 3 parks in one day (though they were all Disney theme parks) and would not suggest it. To much time is spent hurrying from one place to another. You would spend even more time travelling to Universal. Depending on how much interest you have in Universal, I would set one day aside for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, and go to the 2 Disney theme parks on a different day. It will be much less stressful.

Upvote 0

travelgip

I would do this in reverse. I'm tired just thinking of doing 3 parks in one day at that time of the year! (Hot and crowded) I would go to DHS first, as soon as it opens, knock out what you want to do there and then go to Universal and spend the rest of the day there. Lines will be long no matter what, but I believe you could do DHS quickly in the AM (rope drop time). If you have never been to Universal, take your time there, there is ALOT to see and do.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

If you want to do it just to say you've done it, I suppose you could do it and see something in each park.

But as a good idea, ah, no.

We have hit 3 Disney parks in one day. We were on the last day of the trip and had several specific things we wanted to do before we left. We hit AK first thing in the morning and road Kali River Rapids 7 times in a row. (this was back when Kali opened at the same time as the rest of the park, it quit doing that for several years and i hope it's goind it again. Regrettably haven't been since 2005.) Then we headed to Epcot and did something like Journey or Living with the Land or something fairly low-key that we somehow had missed on our plan. Then headed to Magic Kingdom to catch Hall of Presidents and the WDW Railroad. Again, all things that were not big line items. We even stopped at DTD on the way out to pick up a cd.

But as a general approach to visiting parks, 3 in one day is not the way to go. Particularly if you have to travel all the way to Universal and back.

Upvote 0

fosse76

I've tried the 3 parks in one day (though they were all Disney theme parks) and would not suggest it. To much time is spent hurrying from one place to another. You would spend even more time travelling to Universal. Depending on how much interest you have in Universal, I would set one day aside for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, and go to the 2 Disney theme parks on a different day. It will be much less stressful.

I have done three parks in one day...in mid-September when they were all empty and had no problems...but I was at each to do very specific things. I went to the Animal Kingdom at openening, and we did everything, including lunch, by noon. So then I wanted to go back to MK to take some pictures, and we ended up doing a few attractions again. The we went to EPCOT for dinner. That trip we literally visited EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom everyday. But like I said, my friend and I did very specific things and we didn't feel rushed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom