Tributes in new rides and lands

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Has anyone spotted any kind of tributes to anything related to former areas that were recently done for rides and or new land? For example is there anything about Camp Minnie-Mickey within Pandora? Even if it's "Supposed" To be a planet light years away........Across a bridge. Or is there anything to the Earfile Tower hidden within TSL? I'm hoping there will be some nods to Mohave Oil within SW:GE As Catastrophy Canyon was using the fictional oil company..Anyone know?

TwilightZone

Earful tower has a very clever easter egg in the queue for Slinky Dog Dash.
img_4400.jpg

Notice the position of the green army men's water tower and the hidden mickey.

JohnD

Earful tower has a very clever easter egg in the queue for Slinky Dog Dash.
img_4400.jpg

Notice the position of the green army men's water tower and the hidden mickey.

Earfel Tower or just a hidden Mickey? Are you referring to the ripped binder holes at the bottom right or top left where two of them just happen to look like a Mickey?

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Earfel Tower or just a hidden Mickey? Are you referring to the ripped binder holes at the bottom right or top left where two of them just happen to look like a Mickey?
So to explain more, there is a water tower near the end of the drawing and above it is a cloud shaped like mickey. It is believed that these two being near each other is a reference to the earful tower. What's more is that the loading station where these are at was the area where earful was.

JohnD

So to explain more, there is a water tower near the end of the drawing and above it is a cloud shaped like mickey. It is believed that these two being near each other is a reference to the earful tower. What's more is that the loading station where these are at was the area where earful was.

I guess not the best photo for this. The "Army Camp" tower?

tomast

Frozen Ever After features some of the puffin animatronics from Maelstrom at the end of the ride. They are located in the former oil rig scene on the right.

The cash register in Mission Space features the Horizons logo.

The Seas With Nemo features The Living Seas logo on the entrance to the conference center.

Test Track features a sign during the outdoor section that says "FN2BFRE". The World of Motion logo can also be seen throughout the pavilion.

The Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin sign is repurposed from Delta Dreamflight.

Ellen's Energy Adventure mentioned "Energy: You Make The World Go Round" in the final Jeopardy scene.

The original JII music plays in the Imagination bathrooms and "Dean Finder" has a door in the current Imagination attraction. :(

7DMT features animatronics from Snow White's Scary Adventures.

The tree in front of Pooh is reused from a Pooh playground that was located where 7DMT is now.

Dreamfinder's flying machine can be seen in MouseGear.

The planter in front of Mission Space was formerly used for the Horizons signage.

Although it's still open, the father and daughter from CoP are featured in Spaceship Earth.

Most of the ones I know are from EPCOT, but I'm sure there are plenty more that I forgot about.

The big rotating thing on mission space has a Horizons logo on the center!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom