Trials and Tribulations of a Visit to WDW...

Epcot, Friday 1/11/13... Went to witness my sister participating in the 5K after drastic weight loss. It was a surprise, she didn't know I was going. I timed it perfectly in a perfect world right down to when she would be crossing the finish line. I drove to Epcot and they parked me in an area of Epcot parking lot that must have almost connected with MK. Anyway, I had to do a 10K, practically, to get from my car to the finish line. By the time I limped my way to it, I was past the time I had anticipated but, I figured that she would be delayed by the character stops, etc. along the route. I stood there for an hour waiting and scanning the crowds to find her. I was about to give up when I got a phone call from her that she had finish and left approximately 3 minutes before I got to the line. Since I had been looking forward to surprising her for weeks, needless to say, I was a little frustrated. I did catch up with her later, but it wasn't the same.:(

Anyway, I went to Guest Services and told them how my trip had been ruined and demanded my money back. They rudely informed me that I hadn't paid anything and sent me on my way without even a sarcastically spoken, "have a magical day". The least they could have done would have been a Fastpass for the next 5K.

More on the "gone to hell in a hand-basket" report in later posts. Stay tuned!
Just to avoid any mistaken interpretation, the second paragraph didn't happen, but you knew that. Exercising my limited sense of humor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom