TREX cafe

bdearl41

Original Poster
So I get it the food is terrible but every time my wife and I have been we are here first night. It’s just fun. My daughter loved it her first trip in 2018 and now we are taking my son on his first trip (4). We weren’t able to get reservations but curious if anyone knows about the walk list. Is it even possible to get in? Was thinking about heading there around 4 after an afternoon at the pool. Our flight lands midday. Thanks.

Weather_Lady

Are you a member of Landry's Select Club? T-Rex is operated by Landry's and a membership to their Select Club can get you a walk-up table with a shorter wait.

THIS. We've walked up to T-REX with Landry's card in hand, with lines across the walkway and families ahead of us being told the wait would be 90-120 minutes. With the "priority seating" that is part of the cardholder perks, we were sitting at a table -- in the exact section we requested, no less -- in less than 10 minutes.

It costs $25 to sign up, but you get a $25 "welcome credit" the first time you present the card, so it ends up costing nothing. You can use it for priority seating at all Landry's-owned restaurants. At Disney, those restaurants are T-REX, both Rainforest Cafe locations, and Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom. Also note that even if the restaurant is "fully booked" on the Disney app, you may be able to call the restaurant directly and if you are a Landry's member, they will make a reservation for you (since they already hold back a few tables for Landry's member walkups). I did this at Yak & Yeti back in August because we were concerned that due to low capacity, priority seating might still involve a long wait: not sure if other Landry's restaurants do it as I haven't tried it anywhere else. The reservation was outside of the Disney system and thus didn't appear in MDE, but I was sent a text notification confirming it and it was in the restaurant's "system" when we got there.

More information and sign-up link here: https://www.landrysinc.com/landrys-select-club

(*Note that if the card doesn't arrive before your trip, you can bring your e-mail confirmation -- or just have them look you up using your e-mail address.)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Hey... theres nothing wrong with continuing a family tradition by dining in your spot thats worked for you in the past. Its all about enjoying your time with your family. As long as you and the kids enjoy the meals and surroundings, go for it. Weve dined at both T-Rex sites and have had enjoyable meals. People like to knock it cause its 'not Disney themed", doesnt have a "chef preparing signature dishes" and the noise factor at times is too loud. Follow the above advice others have given and I hope you succeed in getting a table and start your vacation off right.

MotherofaPrincessLover

THIS. We've walked up to T-REX with Landry's card in hand, with lines across the walkway and families ahead of us being told the wait would be 90-120 minutes. With the "priority seating" that is part of the cardholder perks, we were sitting at a table -- in the exact section we requested, no less -- in less than 10 minutes.

It costs $25 to sign up, but you get a $25 "welcome credit" the first time you present the card, so it ends up costing nothing. You can use it for priority seating at all Landry's-owned restaurants. At Disney, those restaurants are T-REX, both Rainforest Cafe locations, and Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom. Also note that even if the restaurant is "fully booked" on the Disney app, you may be able to call the restaurant directly and if you are a Landry's member, they will make a reservation for you (since they already hold back a few tables for Landry's member walkups). I did this at Yak & Yeti back in August because we were concerned that due to low capacity, priority seating might still involve a long wait: not sure if other Landry's restaurants do it as I haven't tried it anywhere else. The reservation was outside of the Disney system and thus didn't appear in MDE, but I was sent a text notification confirming it and it was in the restaurant's "system" when we got there.

More information and sign-up link here: https://www.landrysinc.com/landrys-select-club

(*Note that if the card doesn't arrive before your trip, you can bring your e-mail confirmation -- or just have them look you up using your e-mail address.)
I have a questions related to the Landry's Select Club. I have a reservation at Yak & Yeti coming up and I don't love the time. Do you think I should cancel the reservation, join Landry's Select Club, and then just walk up?

Weather_Lady

I have a questions related to the Landry's Select Club. I have a reservation at Yak & Yeti coming up and I don't love the time. Do you think I should cancel the reservation, join Landry's Select Club, and then just walk up?
If you'd prefer to eat at a different time -- then yes, if I had enough time to join Landry's before traveling, I'd join Landry's, and then cancel my Disney-made ADR.

However, I would still suggest that you: (1) call the restaurant directly after you've joined Landry's, and see if they will make a reservation for you at the time you want, just out of an abundance of caution. When I did this, they just asked for my Landry's member number, and then confirmed my phone number so they could text me a confirmation (since the reservation wasn't through the Disney system); (2) if you'd prefer not to make a reservation at all and simply want to be able to utilize "priority seating" whenever it's convenient, consider calling the restaurant directly anyway to find out if they're still running at less-than-full capacity, whether there's any risk that priority seating won't be honored if you show up at a busy time, and what those busy times are; and (3) if you decide to do walkup priority seating, allot 10-20 minutes or so for wait time. Priority seating doesn't necessarily mean immediate seating -- it just means you'll be treated as though you had a reservation for your arrival time. So if they're running, say, 15 minutes behind with regular reservations, you might have to wait 15 minutes too.

That being said, although we did make a reservation directly with the restaurant when we visited back in August because we knew they were running at half-capacity due to COVID and I was worried they might be swamped with walkups, every other time we'd visited Yak & Yeti -- at least 4 other times -- we waltzed in right at peak lunchtime or dinnertime with no ADR, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for priority seating with Landry's Select Club.

MotherofaPrincessLover

If you'd prefer to eat at a different time -- then yes, if I had enough time to join Landry's before traveling, I'd join Landry's, and then cancel my Disney-made ADR.

However, I would still suggest that you: (1) call the restaurant directly after you've joined Landry's, and see if they will make a reservation for you at the time you want, just out of an abundance of caution. When I did this, they just asked for my Landry's member number, and then confirmed my phone number so they could text me a confirmation (since the reservation wasn't through the Disney system); (2) if you'd prefer not to make a reservation at all and simply want to be able to utilize "priority seating" whenever it's convenient, consider calling the restaurant directly anyway to find out if they're still running at less-than-full capacity, whether there's any risk that priority seating won't be honored if you show up at a busy time, and what those busy times are; and (3) if you decide to do walkup priority seating, allot 10-20 minutes or so for wait time. Priority seating doesn't necessarily mean immediate seating -- it just means you'll be treated as though you had a reservation for your arrival time. So if they're running, say, 15 minutes behind with regular reservations, you might have to wait 15 minutes too.

That being said, although we did make a reservation directly with the restaurant when we visited back in August because we knew they were running at half-capacity due to COVID and I was worried they might be swamped with walkups, every other time we'd visited Yak & Yeti -- at least 4 other times -- we waltzed in right at peak lunchtime or dinnertime with no ADR, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for priority seating with Landry's Select Club.
Thanks!

bdearl41

Original Poster

This is great advice. Thanks!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom