Tree of Life nighttime show

jhastings74

I'm interested to see how long the crane stays for, as that will probably be a good indicator of what is being worked on. On a purely selfish note, I'm also happy that they waited a few weeks to do this after my trip...I'd have hated to have had the crane in my ToL pics.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm interested to see how long the crane stays for, as that will probably be a good indicator of what is being worked on. On a purely selfish note, I'm also happy that they waited a few weeks to do this after my trip...I'd have hated to have had the crane in my ToL pics.

What about the Crane for the Light removal at MK? Has that started?

P_Radden

Well technically that is a "boom lift" aka "man lift". They'll probably have to get a crane with a basket to reach the top. Pretty sure 180' or 185' is as big as telescoping man lifts get.

Awesome pics though! Really excited to see that big momma all lit up in person!

ItlngrlBella

After seeing this we may actually include AK when we return to WDW... in 2020/2021. Sorry, but with the massive amounts of construction at DHS and AK and with a worn-out EPCOT, we are taking a break until DHS has its new lands, and Avatar/Pandora is complete.

Hopefully this stretches out the day at AK and lightens the crowds among the other parks and DS. (At least a dent?)

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Very curious that this would be done during the day (on stage if you will) with a boom lift. It seems like this is probably more for repair (emergency if done during operating hours) than a planned upgrade or work.

UpAllNight

For me I can't wait to ride Everest in the dark. I feel so many rides at Disney take on a different character at nighttime I can't wait to burst out the mountain for that split second and see Animal Kingdom lit up. I wonder if Lion king and Nemo will run later shows too...and if there will be any performances on the streets at night.

peter11435

Very curious that this would be done during the day (on stage if you will) with a boom lift. It seems like this is probably more for repair (emergency if done during operating hours) than a planned upgrade or work.
This is planned work. It has been on going around the structure for nearly a year now.

toolsnspools

For me I can't wait to ride Everest in the dark. I feel so many rides at Disney take on a different character at nighttime I can't wait to burst out the mountain for that split second and see Animal Kingdom lit up. I wonder if Lion king and Nemo will run later shows too...and if there will be any performances on the streets at night.
EE at night is awesome! I was there for an after hours private event. In fact, the whole park is really nice after dark.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
EE at night is awesome! I was there for an after hours private event. In fact, the whole park is really nice after dark.

I rode EE right at dusk a few years back when they did evening extra magic hours. It was really cool but there was a really weird smell...I assume some type of spray/fertilizer they put on the vegetation at night?

jhastings74

When I worked there as a CM in Dinoland, I used to LOVE working til park close. The park would be empty, it would be dark and the lights would all be on, and the shortcut I would take along the Cretaceous Trail still had the dinosaur sounds playing on the speakers. It was pretty surreal...but an experience that I will never forget. Honestly, I think seeing it after dark was what made it my favorite park of the 4.

toolsnspools

Can you give details about the after hours event @toolsnspools ? Seeing as DVC has an exclusive event for 4 nights in September at DAK- and I'll be attending the first one- I'm curious as what to expect ride/show-wise
I was in town for an IBM convention and they had about 10,000 guests in the park. For the most part, they put out food carts and opened a few rides, most of Dinoland and EE were opened. They had character meet-n-greets and the such as well. I'm also a DVC member and look forward to what they will have to offer. If it's anything like the Typhoon Lagoon event, it should be pretty sweet.

allgiggles

This is planned work. It has been on going around the structure for nearly a year now.

Yes, that crane/boomlift/whatever was definitely parked by the tree when we were there in June 2015. It's in our photopass pictures. Also saw it in a friend's pictures from August. ;-/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom